RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 5.0S 2016 AB- new purchase and a couple of questions?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Farmer Chalk

5.0S 2016 AB- new purchase and a couple of questions?

Hello,
Hoping for a bit of advice.... just bought an approved used AB from a main dealer. Awesome car! It was imported from another dealer within that company group. Apparent during the transfer some of the cars bits did’nt migrate with the car. Presumably the bits that they don’t want going walkies whilst the car is on the forecourt...

So i’m missing the cars instruction manual, one key and I have no headphones for the passengers... my question is with a car with rear seat entertainment how many headphones are normally supplied? I surmise it should be three, two for the rear and one for the front?
Does the vehicle have a remote control for rear seat passengers that is also missing?

The company said they will look for the bits and i’m Sure it’s just a genuine mistake but want to know what the car came with and what is actually missing so I don’t get fobbed off and end up having to purchase additional kit!
Can anyone help with what additional bits should be in the car other than the car key I was given.

Many thanks!

Post #541308 Sun Nov 19 2017 8:13am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You could put the VIN into Topix and find the equipment it was built with and what was supplied at new build. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #541310 Sun Nov 19 2017 8:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
james5599

United Kingdom 

I would be more worried about another key for my car floating about.

Rolling Eyes 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #541312 Sun Nov 19 2017 9:16am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I only ever received 1 set of headphones for front passenger with my RRS - you had to buy more if you wanted them

As said check topix Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #541313 Sun Nov 19 2017 9:31am
Farmer Chalk

I’m led to believe it’s all genuine...I was pressurising the time scales for the car to be physical....

Tim, I know what the car options are from a print out on Topix but was trying to determine how many headphones and whether a remote is standard on a RSE with reference stereo, has or has not....

What paraphernalia should be with my car normally in the side pockets or glove box which may have been removed in the first place for safe keeping? I’ll be back to the dealers to collect later this week but don’t want to be short changed if that makes sense?

Post #541314 Sun Nov 19 2017 9:32am
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

I cant speak fro L494 models but the L320 models with LSE had two sets of rear headphones and a remote control unit for the rear passengers. The headphones are Harmon Kardon branded but uncomfortable to wear and don't have very good sound quality

Post #541316 Sun Nov 19 2017 10:55am
Canary

England 

As mentioned above if you have rear entertainment then x 2 whitefire headsets and a remote control that's sits in the centre armrest will be supplied .

If you have dual view in the front then another headset would be supplied for the front seat also, otherwise just the two rear sets. MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #541346 Sun Nov 19 2017 2:45pm
Farmer Chalk

That’s awesome.! Many many thanks! As I thought...at least I can go back to the dealers now forearmed and forewarned.

Yes mine has both RSE and split screen so i’m Looking for 3headsets and one remote.....

Anyone know if the Reference stereo gets any addenda?

Thanks again chaps! Very Happy

Post #541365 Sun Nov 19 2017 5:43pm
Farmer Chalk

Thanks for all your help with this gents....

The kit was still sitting in a bag at the original dealers and has now been delivered to me...
As stated there were three headsets, a remote control, the additional key and its owners handbook! It had all been removed for safekeeping whilst it sat on the forecourt!

Many thanks! Very Happy

Post #542896 Fri Dec 08 2017 9:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1