Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Knocking Sound on RRS Supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

homeins

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Knocking Sound on RRS Supercharged

KNOCKING SOUND ON RANGE ROVER SPORT V8 SUPPER CHARGE

I HAVE THE SAME F..... NOISE FROM MY SPORT SUPPER CHARGE ITS BACK TO THE F..... DEALER 3X IM Censored OF! - THE CAR SOUNDS LIKE THE ENGINE IS ABOUT TO DROP OUT HAS ANYONE HAD A RESULT WITH THIS AND WHAT CAN ANYONE RECOMEND I DO BAR ROLL IT OF BEACHY HEAD!!

Post #74896 Sat Jan 13 2007 11:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
landroverstormer

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

It could be the pully on the charger itself. I understand early cars suffered but this was a screach as opposed to a knock. I assume it is engine speed related as opposed to road speed.

It would be interesting to know if they can take the charger belt off and eliminate the charger. Not sure if the engine would run properly though? TDV8 HSE in Java/Ebony with Zebrano Wood, RSE, Hybrid TV, and a few other bells and whistles.

Discovery 1 V8i Auto (The Off Road Toy)

Post #74900 Sat Jan 13 2007 11:43pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Well you could calm down and switch off the caps lock, then you might get taken seriously! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #74902 Sat Jan 13 2007 11:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Please don't post multiple times, and switch your Caps Lock off - capital letters are considered shouting Smile Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #74904 Sat Jan 13 2007 11:45pm
homeins

KNOCKING SOUND ON RANGE ROVER SPORT V8 SUPPER CHARGE

I am shouting - How can a car cost 64k and have a knocking sound that when asked about I get told its normal for this car are they having a laught

Post #74917 Sun Jan 14 2007 12:02am
Kaine

United Kingdom 
Re: KNOCKING SOUND ON RANGE ROVER SPORT V8 SUPPER CHARGE

homeins wrote:
I am shouting - How can a car cost 64k and have a knocking sound that when asked about I get told its normal for this car are they having a laught

dont shout at us Confused

Post #74918 Sun Jan 14 2007 12:03am
Tim in Scotland

Is the noise coming from the engine or from the suspension? BTW it's a SUPERcharged, not a Supper Charge which is something totally different Mr. Green 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #74923 Sun Jan 14 2007 12:22am
The doc

United Kingdom 
Re: KNOCKING SOUND ON RANGE ROVER SPORT V8 SUPPER CHARGE

homeins wrote:

Its it from the suspension by any chance?

Post #74924 Sun Jan 14 2007 12:47am
homeins

Yes I think so it sounds like it does

Post #74985 Sun Jan 14 2007 3:08pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

I've edited this topic title so it should attract more attention than the original one.

Please don't start another batch of new topics asking the same question again - be patient, remember we're all enthusiasts and will help when we can, but weekends are busy times Smile Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #74990 Sun Jan 14 2007 3:18pm
homeins

why is this not a re-call - 10 a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to mention that that my model is a 1st eddition v8 suppercharged if this makes any diff - I am shattered with the dealers comments that this is normal how can it be - I have had the car back 3x and on the last visit to the doctor the tow truck arrived the driver mentioned that he picks up NO LESS THAN 10 A WEEK!!!!!!!!! nice in it - Shorley thios needs addressing Now why is this not a re-call?

Post #74993 Sun Jan 14 2007 3:30pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Goto topic:

SUSPENSION PROBLEM - SOUNDS LIKE U/S SHOCK ABSORBER

read it all and carry on posting your problem there if you have further questions or experiences - and quietly.

Post #74999 Sun Jan 14 2007 3:43pm
Tim in Scotland

Homeins, can appreciate you frustration over this problem but PLEASE there isn't any need to add the same post to 3-4 sections of the forum all at once. Suggest you stick them in the technical or modifcations sections. The more often you post the same item the less likely anybody will even look at them, let alone read them and it also gives the admin loads of work sorting them out.
FYG the suspension problem has been covered several times - I recommend you take a read at The Doc's recent posts there regarding suspension clunks and the cure, which your dealer may need "educating" about.

Try clicking on this link if you cannot find it just down the threads from yours!
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic4548.html 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sun Jan 14 2007 4:08pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #75003 Sun Jan 14 2007 3:50pm
homeins

Any idea what I can do - I may get thhe aa the carry out a full inspection wat do you all think - I am Censored off as the car looks the dogs Censored but it drives like a bag of Censored !

Post #75004 Sun Jan 14 2007 3:50pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

The key is to be patient and work with the dealer to fix the problem. Gather as much information as you can, then go back with printouts etc etc showing that it is a known problem and that it isn't how it should be.

We're here to help but we might not necessarily have the exact answer straight away, and it doesn't help to keep asking the same thing over and over again. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #75005 Sun Jan 14 2007 3:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>