RRSPORT.CO.UK

    Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 2007 TDV8 - Suspension Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
 
lkefc84



Member Since: 20 Nov 2017
Location: Burscough
Posts: 17

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
2007 TDV8 - Suspension Fault

Hi,

Quick warning.. please bare with my lack of knowledge!

I have just purchased my 1st RR. A 2007 TDV8 Very Happy . I do not know much about the RRS, but hoping to learn.

I have a bit of an intermittent fault with my suspension (I think). On startup, after the initial system checks, my suspension light comes on (picture of the car with arrows either side, possibly referring to stability control). If i turn the car off and start it again, it goes away, and very rarely comes back on whilst driving.

Have any of you experienced this with yours? It has just passed an MOT with no advisories, so I am assuming it is not too much of an issue, however I would like to get this sorted, or at least check with the 'experts' that it isn't going to turn into anything too expensive if I just leave it!

Many thanks in advance for any advice offered. Thumbs Up

Lee

Post #542029 Tue Nov 28 2017 9:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Paddi



Member Since: 06 Jul 2012
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 1540

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Don't panic just yet. Low state of battery charge often brings up spurious warning lights and messages especially at start up. The vehicle may have been standing around little used for a few weeks hence battery would be low and the recent cold snap detracts performance further.

If you don't already have a modern smart charger, buy one (CTEK is a great favourite here) and fully charge overnight. Simply driving won't do the trick unless pop up to the Outer Hebrides for a day.

Just for peace of mind check the fluid level in your ARC reservoir and have a good look underneath front and rear for leaks from the ARC bars. Have an independent specialist check your ARC bar bushes and change them if any signs of wear; since wear here shortens the life of the bars which are expensive to replace. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #542039 Tue Nov 28 2017 11:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Tome



Member Since: 20 Mar 2016
Location: West midlands
Posts: 21

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

I had this our last cold spell, the ARC light come on once, level was fine restarted the car and it went away a month later the alternator was shot and the battery not much better so as paddi said a good charge and a battery/ charging test is the way to go.

Post #542101 Tue Nov 28 2017 9:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
ShooterNeil



Member Since: 14 Nov 2012
Location: Tamworth
Posts: 348

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

You got the best engine TDV8
I had a 2.7 v6 once never again lol 😝 07 HSE TDV8 with lots of toys EGR removed BAS remap

Post #542104 Tue Nov 28 2017 9:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
lkefc84



Member Since: 20 Nov 2017
Location: Burscough
Posts: 17

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Paddi wrote:
Don't panic just yet. Low state of battery charge often brings up spurious warning lights and messages especially at start up. The vehicle may have been standing around little used for a few weeks hence battery would be low and the recent cold snap detracts performance further.

If you don't already have a modern smart charger, buy one (CTEK is a great favourite here) and fully charge overnight. Simply driving won't do the trick unless pop up to the Outer Hebrides for a day.

Just for peace of mind check the fluid level in your ARC reservoir and have a good look underneath front and rear for leaks from the ARC bars. Have an independent specialist check your ARC bar bushes and change them if any signs of wear; since wear here shortens the life of the bars which are expensive to replace.


I've had a quick look at the CTEK modern chargers.. would this do the trick?

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-bla...tsid:94971|cid:865692955|agid:43902123735|tid:pla-332616571812|crid:202397318145|nw:g|rnd:16173686082459686961|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:1006884&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl6K_kOfo1wIViJPtCh3ypA9rEAQYASABEgKpG_D_BwE

I'll try this over the weekend (if suitable) and see what that brings. Failing that, I will seek out a specialist and get the ARC bar brushes checked and changed, if necessary.

I thought it may have had something to do with the cold, and the relatively short journeys I do to and from work (12 miles each way). I'll be getting it out for a good cross country run over Christmas, so hopefully that'll help.

Thanks for the advice Thumbs Up 2007 TDV8 HSE.. beep beep!

Post #542327 Fri Dec 01 2017 1:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
lkefc84



Member Since: 20 Nov 2017
Location: Burscough
Posts: 17

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Tome wrote:
I had this our last cold spell, the ARC light come on once, level was fine restarted the car and it went away a month later the alternator was shot and the battery not much better so as paddi said a good charge and a battery/ charging test is the way to go.


So I am assuming you had top replace the alternator, and battery, and all was good? 2007 TDV8 HSE.. beep beep!

Post #542328 Fri Dec 01 2017 1:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
lkefc84



Member Since: 20 Nov 2017
Location: Burscough
Posts: 17

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

ShooterNeil wrote:
You got the best engine TDV8
I had a 2.7 v6 once never again lol 😝


I've just come from a 2017 Mercedes GLA220d.. the difference is phenomenal! Not very kind on the wallet, but it's more than worth it!

I do miss the mod cons (bluetooth, start/stop etc) but not enough to want to go back to a 'normal' car! Very Happy 2007 TDV8 HSE.. beep beep!

Post #542329 Fri Dec 01 2017 1:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Paddi



Member Since: 06 Jul 2012
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 1540

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

lkefc84 wrote:
Paddi wrote:
Don't panic just yet. Low state of battery charge often brings up spurious warning lights and messages especially at start up. The vehicle may have been standing around little used for a few weeks hence battery would be low and the recent cold snap detracts performance further.

If you don't already have a modern smart charger, buy one (CTEK is a great favourite here) and fully charge overnight. Simply driving won't do the trick unless pop up to the Outer Hebrides for a day.

Just for peace of mind check the fluid level in your ARC reservoir and have a good look underneath front and rear for leaks from the ARC bars. Have an independent specialist check your ARC bar bushes and change them if any signs of wear; since wear here shortens the life of the bars which are expensive to replace.


I've had a quick look at the CTEK modern chargers.. would this do the trick?

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-bla...tsid:94971|cid:865692955|agid:43902123735|tid:pla-332616571812|crid:202397318145|nw:g|rnd:16173686082459686961|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:1006884&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl6K_kOfo1wIViJPtCh3ypA9rEAQYASABEgKpG_D_BwE

I'll try this over the weekend (if suitable) and see what that brings. Failing that, I will seek out a specialist and get the ARC bar brushes checked and changed, if necessary.

I thought it may have had something to do with the cold, and the relatively short journeys I do to and from work (12 miles each way). I'll be getting it out for a good cross country run over Christmas, so hopefully that'll help.

Thanks for the advice Thumbs Up


It would probably do the job but might be a bit slow. The MXS 5.0 charges at a much higher current and gives the RRS battery a full charge in just a few hours. It's the model I use along with many other owners. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #542347 Fri Dec 01 2017 5:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
lkefc84



Member Since: 20 Nov 2017
Location: Burscough
Posts: 17

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Ordered Thumbs Up

Hopefully this will do the trick. I have read somewhere on here that the battery could also affect the front and rear demister.. mine is not working at the moment, so hopefully a full charge will help with this as well.

Thanks for the help so far Paddi Thumbs Up 2007 TDV8 HSE.. beep beep!

Post #542895 Fri Dec 08 2017 10:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1
All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >
Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Site Copyright © 2005-2018 Futuranet Ltd & Martin Lewis
RRSPORT.CO.UK RSS Feed - All Forums

Switch to Mobile site