RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New(ish) member - EGR/Injector issue ???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

GrahamC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
New(ish) member - EGR/Injector issue ???

First of all an apology for not introducing myself earlier, I have been a silent member for a year or so and found this forum very useful indeed. Saying that I am not too sure that I could add much that is of any use that has not already been covered off by the far more knowledgeable members here.

So I have a 2007 TDV8 that I use as my daily and absolutely love it. This isn't a moan at the cost of running an RRS. I have an e46 M3 for the weekend and have had a host of performance cars previously so I am used to car bills being a part of everyday life. I am always keen to ensure my cars are mechanically sound even if they may not get washed and pampered as much as some. Since purchasing the RRS a year ago it has had:

New lower arms (front knocking)
Replaced front ARB’s (creaking in hot conditions)
New suspension compressor and software (suspension fault)
Full service
New Toyo’s all round
Just replaced the battery, as I think the cold killed the old one (common error messages etc being thrown up)

Just when I though I would enjoy some trouble free motoring, the RRS has developed a rough shaking when it is cold (ish). The issue doesn’t seem to arise from a morning cold start but more so when the car has been sat for a few minutes/hours and then fired up again. When started it is very lumpy, and there is a noticeable shaking of the car which can be felt through the pedals and steering wheel (as if it is misfiring/hunting). This only happens at idle and appears to go once the car has been driven a few miles - after which it drives perfectly and doesn't seem to miss a beat. From what I read it sounds as if there could be an issue with the EGR valves or potentially an injector – does anyone have any thoughts on diagnosing the fault?

Post #486386 Tue Feb 02 2016 2:56pm
DJDobsy

United Kingdom 

Hi mate, I know this is an old post but I’ve got the same problem and I’m wondering if you could tell me what the problem turned out to be (assuming you fixed it)! Thanks Steve

Post #541847 Sat Nov 25 2017 9:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1