RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > NFU
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
NFU

If you're someone that doesn't live in a big town or city (especially London) then your local NFU Insurance branch is well worth a go.

I was with Churchill who decided to up my insurance from £400 - £550 this year (previous year to that was £350) though to be fair it was a South London postcode with on-street parking. I then bought the XC70 for running up/down M4 and moved the RRS to Wales and Churchill still wanted £525 with a rural postcode!

Rang up NFU and I was quoted £400 with no NCD, no mileage limitations, business use etc. It would be a lot less if I'd kept the 9+ years NCD on it obviously.

Post #539438 Fri Oct 27 2017 1:09pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I too have had a great experience moving my cover for my Defender from Land Rover Insurance to NFU Mutual. Halved my premium despite the agreed value going up by 100% and I have off-road use included as well 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #539441 Fri Oct 27 2017 2:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Strangely, my quote from NFU was much more than from Adrian Flux. Shame because we have an NFU office in the village. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #539442 Fri Oct 27 2017 2:11pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I live in a small village in North Beds and every year ask NFU for a quote.

They normally come in a good £200 more than the likes of Direct Line, Admiral and the other high street insurers.....🙁

Jim

Post #539446 Fri Oct 27 2017 4:56pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I live in a small village and NFU are more than double everyone else!! Big Cry 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #539451 Fri Oct 27 2017 5:29pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Likewise and i never had a decent quote either, as soon as I started declaring mods the price went through the roof with NFU Big Cry 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #539455 Fri Oct 27 2017 6:36pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Wow, sorry to hear that guys. I declared mods (sent them a picture of the winch etc) and no problem.

Back in 1999 I insured my Subaru Impreza with them - 1/2 the price of anyone else including on street parking in Tower Hamlets, East London. I declared mods as I had them done, no change and they covered full comp for track days. Guess they thought it was a farmer's car!

Post #539457 Fri Oct 27 2017 6:56pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

NFU used to quote ridiculous premiums to me until 2 years ago. I understood that to be due to my suburban London postcode. When I bought my L494, I tried them again and surprisingly the quote came in at ~ £1300 which was only £250ish more than the cheapest insurer. I was happy with their level of cover so insured with NFU. Last year they were more expensive but I could still justify the bigger difference to myself and renewed. This year I moved away from NFU at renewal last month after insuring my car with them for 2 years. Even after negotiation they were still about 40% more expensive than the AA which I ended up insuring with. I think NFU are getting back to their old pricing (for me anyway) which is a shame because their cover was good e.g. no issue using my car at the LRE West Country trec days this and last year and customer service was excellent.

Still better than the forum sponsor insurance brokers who take ages to come back with a quote every year. That quote is always outrageous. Then despite me telling them what other prices and options I have, they still sound surprised that I am not insuring with them and start justifying the price and try to convince me that their insurer is so much better. I'm sorry A-Plan, no matter what you/your insurer can do (which I can only find out if I need to claim), I am not paying you double! Rolling Eyes

Btw I have never had to claim on my car insurance and have 14 years NCB. Clean license as well. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #539459 Fri Oct 27 2017 7:31pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

I agree with fkarim.

I asked for a quote from A-Plan and after 1 week they told me they were struggling to find anyone to cover me despite being 49 years old with 17 NCD. When they did eventually quote me it was nearly double what AXA would cover me for.
I think insurance is a complete lottery depending on how many sales the company needs to do to hit target that month as the variations make no logical sense at all.
Best advice is 30 days before renewal check with as many as you can on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday etc just in case Thursday's are bad for them or there is more chance of a natural disaster on a Tuesday! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #539472 Fri Oct 27 2017 9:25pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Beware of doing excessive amount of checks, more so if you tick ✅ for monthly payments, as this triggers an auto credit agency search with many of the car and house Insurance Companies, just do a check of your credit history file to see all the various searches done on you.
Until you have decided always enter full payment or equivalent. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #539476 Fri Oct 27 2017 9:55pm
sally

United Kingdom 

I insure with NFU and they have been great price wise. I've made claims on my horse policy and had no drama so really pleased with their service so far. 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #539492 Sat Oct 28 2017 7:52am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

NFU are around £150 dearer for me with my new AB than direct line, however their cover is far superior in my opinion, only issue for me is if I cancel my direct line policy after around 3 months with the cancellation cost & pro rata refund it would cost me another £180-200 on top, I'll just stay with them until renewal then move to NFU as long as they are still competitive.

I know some people don't rate direct line for repairs but my supplying dealer group lookers have a free LR insurance service if you have an accident where they recover the car, fully repair up to LR standard with all new LR parts, & give you a free courtesy car which is a LR, as everyone should know you insurer cannot tell you where to get your car repaired it is up to you, however they may not give you courtesy car etc. Also direct line give you a new car if yours is written off in year 1 & your the first owner.

Post #539505 Sat Oct 28 2017 9:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1