RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Brake failure 2020 P400e
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

P400e13

United Kingdom 
Brake failure 2020 P400e

Hi. P400e, 2 years old and covered 40k - brakes failed recently when moving off on my driveway. I rolled into the road but luckily no traffic was coming as it was late at night. When pressing the brake pedal, there was an electrical squealing noise and after a few seconds various warning lights came on the dash. There was no brake control at all apart from when the car had almost crawled to a stop, where a full stamp on the pedal seemed to lock the brakes on. At any speed above crawling there was no chance of stopping. Very worrying for a 2 year old car. The AA rescue (via Land Rover Assistance) came out, phoned an on call technician who told him to disconnect the supplementary battery in the boot, then reconnect and this would temporarily remove the fault but it would come back at some point! I stopped this and said the car needed to go to the dealership and it was collected the next day. Ended up with an Enterprise hire car that's nowhere near big enough for what I need, no communication from the dealership other than 'someone will ring you back', and the wife said she doesn't trust the car so wont drive it when it comes back to us! Here's the info from the breakdown report:
Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : ABS - 9M6 / ESP 9.0.1 Status :U04B5 - Communication with the system <Brake>. Error Message : Invalid data from node. Error sporadic. Status :U01B4 - Communication with the system <Brake>. Error Message : Missing message. Error static.Brakes not working. Juddering when pressing. Warnings on. Booked truck for tomorrow. Hire car booked.Engine Oil Level Ok

I heard the on call technician say this is something he's seeing on 3+ year old cars, so was surprised it'd happened to mine. Sharing this so other owners can possibly get their cars checked and avoid a potential catastrophe.
Cheers

Post #630291 Thu Jan 26 2023 3:04pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

https://www.rangerovers.net/threads/hi-fro...st-2372076 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #630292 Thu Jan 26 2023 3:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1