RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > IID BT Received what next
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

PC76

United Kingdom 
IID BT Received what next

Ok so i took the plunge and bought an IID tool from the Disco Group buy, must say really good service from Dan Roberts Smile

i have enabled timed heating but wondering what to do next. any thoughts or recommendations?

I have a 2010 3.0 TDV6

Thanks All

Post #539397 Thu Oct 26 2017 10:23pm
CANROVER

Canada 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

You can set global widows up and down, you can calibrate height to whatever you want and you can change a few other things. I used mine a lot at first but now it just sits in my desk drawer until I need it. The great thing is that when you need it it is there and can save you a considerable amount of money in the long run.

Post #539402 Fri Oct 27 2017 6:39am
steve.rrs

United Kingdom 

where is the cheapest place to buy one of these

Post #539406 Fri Oct 27 2017 7:41am
CANROVER

You’ll have to find that out fort yourself. I bought mine in 2015 so the prices and site may not be the same. The way it works though is silly. It’s made in Montreal, just 2 hours away from me, but can I go over and buy one at a reduced rate? Noooooo. They idiotically set up a distributorship agreement with Bitool in the UK who inflates the price so it’s sent from Montreal to Bittool who distributes it throughout the UK to various stores and online sites and THEN, you buy from them. A Censored scam just to inflate the price, pardon my language.

Post #539452 Fri Oct 27 2017 6:04pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Read the manual incase you change something you shouldn’t Laughing 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #539453 Fri Oct 27 2017 6:33pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

On their site there is a full list of what you can do with each model. Always do a backup before adjustments, just in case. Wink

The latest retail price and direct from GAP is currently £399+VAT = £478.80, but it can be obtained cheaper if you search around. The cheapest I have seen recently, saving £53 is £425.99 Inc VAT Free delivery at Island 4x4:
http://www.island-4x4.co.uk/diagnostics-wo..._3260.html

It's gone up a £100 since I purchased mine a couple of years ago. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #539471 Fri Oct 27 2017 9:19pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

CANROVER wrote:
You’ll have to find that out fort yourself. I bought mine in 2015 so the prices and site may not be the same. The way it works though is silly. It’s made in Montreal, just 2 hours away from me, but can I go over and buy one at a reduced rate? Noooooo. They idiotically set up a distributorship agreement with Bitool in the UK who inflates the price so it’s sent from Montreal to Bittool who distributes it throughout the UK to various stores and online sites and THEN, you buy from them. A Censored scam just to inflate the price, pardon my language.

Lol Canrover,

I had the exact opposite problem!

I bought one direct from Gap Diagnostic thinking it would be best and ended up having to pay an extra £60 import duty when it arrived in the UK!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #539473 Fri Oct 27 2017 9:30pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

PC76, mine's a 2005 SC so different to yours but when I bought my IID tool I added clock on dash, Nav on the move, updated the compressor software and 3 flash indicators.
Now I've done that, nothing left to do but check the fault codes every day!!! Rolling with laughter
But I do like the part of the manual that says "remember, a Range Rover without faults does not exist"!!!!! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #539474 Fri Oct 27 2017 9:36pm
Johnski

Scrumpy, Even after updating your vehicle, altering things, such as single lock/unlock, correcting speedo error for tyre size and adjustment, altering TV/Radio bands and frequencies etc, and routine error code checks, I use mine to alter suspension heights, generally for off road giving me the extra required sometimes for rocks and deeper water. Whistle there are things not switched on or in case of electric seats if you have 8 position highlighted altering to 10 on some models works as facilities already there and the correct switches. There are other examples of this, and a very useful part is live data, good for when on the move. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #539475 Fri Oct 27 2017 9:47pm
PC76

United Kingdom 

Oops I have lost one pull close for the windows.. need to sort that.

Johnski, my seats weren’t specified in the CCF how do I know which ones I have?

Also want to calibrate Speedo looks to be out by 4% 73/74 on cruise shows as 70 on gps...

Although I have enabled the timer heating it failed this morning and I have two faults so wondering if I need an additional controller? And THE FBH smoked like hog warts express once the engine was running hope it burns clean soon with these cold mornings

Post #539481 Fri Oct 27 2017 10:12pm
Johnski

Quickly re one close windows.
Hold the button to close to the top, then release, and then re push up the button and hold for a few seconds and release, it will then function properly. You have to do this on each affected window, but can all be done from drivers control unit.

Seats should be specified and the selection for how many ways, or undefined. Think listed as Drivers Seat.
Will look at question properly for you tomorrow. John

Last edited by Johnski on Fri Oct 27 2017 10:18pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #539482 Fri Oct 27 2017 10:16pm
PC76

United Kingdom 

Thanks Johnski 👍👍

Post #539483 Fri Oct 27 2017 10:17pm
CANROVER

Johnski wrote:
Scrumpy, Even after updating your vehicle, altering things, such as single lock/unlock, correcting speedo error for tyre size and adjustment, altering TV/Radio bands and frequencies etc, and routine error code checks, I use mine to alter suspension heights, generally for off road giving me the extra required sometimes for rocks and deeper water. Whistle there are things not switched on or in case of electric seats if you have 8 position highlighted altering to 10 on some models works as facilities already there and the correct switches. There are other examples of this, and a very useful part is live data, good for when on the move.

PC76,

The best thing to do is carefully play with it to see what's possible. There are a lot of things you can do with it. I use it on a need to use basis. So far, a lot of the things Johnski has mentioned I've already done.

Post #540532 Fri Nov 10 2017 6:23pm
Cymruambyth

Wales 

PC76 wrote:
Oops I have lost one pull close for the windows.. need to sort that.

Johnski, my seats weren’t specified in the CCF how do I know which ones I have?

Also want to calibrate Speedo looks to be out by 4% 73/74 on cruise shows as 70 on gps...

Although I have enabled the timer heating it failed this morning and I have two faults so wondering if I need an additional controller? And THE FBH smoked like hog warts express once the engine was running hope it burns clean soon with these cold mornings

That`s normal. All speedos read lower than GPS Steve.

Post #540542 Fri Nov 10 2017 8:57pm
Cymruambyth

Wales 

Johnski wrote:
On their site there is a full list of what you can do with each model. Always do a backup before adjustments, just in case. Wink

The latest retail price and direct from GAP is currently £399+VAT = £478.80, but it can be obtained cheaper if you search around. The cheapest I have seen recently, saving £53 is £425.99 Inc VAT Free delivery at Island 4x4:
http://www.island-4x4.co.uk/diagnostics-wo..._3260.html

It's gone up a £100 since I purchased mine a couple of years ago. Whistle

£415 on ebay is the cheapest I`ve seen so far. Steve.

Post #540543 Fri Nov 10 2017 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>