RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Test fuel burn heater?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

NeilRRS

United Kingdom 

I managed to get it working via the IID tool, but only with the engine on. Some warm fumes out of the small exhaust, no smoke.
I have set the timed climate to come on in the mornings but no action yet.maybe not cold enough. Was 7 degrees today so maybe it needs to be 5 or below. Shouldn’t the fan come on anyway at any temperature?
I am sure it will be cold enough soon.

Post #538889 Sun Oct 22 2017 7:31am
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi Neilrrs,
If you have set the timed climate then it does not use the temp parameters to decide if it fires or not, it should come on as the TC has given the start command.

The temp/fuel level/ battery is for when you start the car and it decides it could do with some help to warm up!

Only way some peeps know it’s working if they don’t have TC or a remote is when they get the white smoke from the n/s/f corner and it’s not supposed to do it😁 just some do if not fired for a while.

I have not used an iid but connected mine via laptop and Discosticks remote and engine off you could run all parts individually, fan, glow plug, fuel pump etc to test each part and then fire it up, understand iid can do the same
Suggest you may have an issue with the fbh or TC keep playing with the iid
Best of luck
👍 Corris HSE Dynamic 2016

Always pick up stick in the middle !!

Post #538899 Sun Oct 22 2017 11:20am
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

with an iid you can do a test run which takes a minute or two.

it also clears lockout codes

Post #538901 Sun Oct 22 2017 11:23am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

On timed climate (or remote climate if fitted) it DOES use the temperature to decide if the Fbh fires.

External temp needs to be below 15 degrees. (If above this, then the fans only will come on and direct to face vents)
Water temp needs to be below around 73 degrees (unconfirmed exact figure but around that ) (again, fans only will come on to face vents if abive this)
Fuel needs to be in and above where the light comes on! (Won’t fire up if fuel level low)
Battery level needs to be above approx 12.13 (seems to fail below that level) (won’t fire up if battery level low)

Connect battery charger and try the timed climate again, this system is very susceptible to batteries that are 3 or 4 years old. May find it starts the car ok, but just not quite enough power to register the right voltage to run the timed climate.

Riverblanche, your car is the older type, so the Fbh will run regardless of the temperature if you use a FBH controller. Thumbs Up EDIT no it’s not... you sure the Fbh fires up all the time or just that the fans activate? Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #539051 Tue Oct 24 2017 7:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi. Bodsy,
On the 2005 we had a “Discosticks” controller and istr (regarding temp) it just fired when command given.
The 2010 (3.0) was the one that Swmbo moaned at me about being too warm!!! It had fired not just fans
But happy to be corrected with the higher temp if using Timed Climate 👍 it could have been below that so fired and made the very car Toasty for her

👍 Corris HSE Dynamic 2016

Always pick up stick in the middle !!

Post #539158 Wed Oct 25 2017 8:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12