RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Making an offer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Dogboy

United Kingdom 
Making an offer

Hi all. New member and first question, so go easy on me.

I've been reading many of the recent threads on valuations, coupled with the recent announcement of the MY18 model with interest.
I'm now in a position to buy a used approved RRS and am actively looking for a 16 or later Autobiography or well specced HSE Dynamic.
Short to medium term residuals aren't that important to me as I intend to keep the car for some time.
I've seen a few that fit the bill and made an offer on this which was politely declined. It's been for sale for over five months and has been recently 'reduced' in price. onefile:///C:/Users/dogboy/AppData/Local/P...081789.pdf

So my question is as follows. Given all the factors that make up the current state of the used RRS market, do you believe I should wait for the new model to surface, thereby softening current prices or are there deals to be done?
BTW, I offered 55k with a hint I might go slightly higher. My rational for this was the length of time it had been for sale and the colour isn't everybody's favourite, although I like it.

Post #538064 Wed Oct 11 2017 10:44am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Welcome to the forum. Your link isn’t a recognised address, could you check again, cheers. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #538066 Wed Oct 11 2017 10:49am
Dogboy

United Kingdom 

Sorry, link may not work so replaced https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...amp;page=1

Post #538067 Wed Oct 11 2017 10:50am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Have you had a look on the LR Approved site.
http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #538079 Wed Oct 11 2017 12:42pm
Dogboy

United Kingdom 

I’ve looked there Andy. A few that tick the boxes and will be making some tentative enquiries later today. Still not sure if I’ll get more of a deal if I hold off until the MY18 model hits the roads??

Post #538081 Wed Oct 11 2017 12:50pm
Tyrefitter

Cannot see the sense in waiting,,by the time they hit the road you will be saying ill wait till the 18.5 comes out then the 19,,just go out & buy one,,the price diff stays the same.2 weeks ago I bought a SC knowing the price would drop this week but it was the spec I wanted & I'm not regretting it.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #538082 Wed Oct 11 2017 12:54pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi and welcome,

Think I would be wanting the car from main dealer at that price (55 not 60!!) although still balance of manufacture warranty IF serviced on time
Make contact with any dealers that have a car you like and offer what you think it’s worth to you
They can only say no 👍
And if you don’t get the sales manager ringing you back you did not go in Low enough . 😎
Buy now before any bad weather increases the value ???

👍 Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #538083 Wed Oct 11 2017 1:02pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

£55,56 seems a fair bid to me. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #538085 Wed Oct 11 2017 1:10pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Dog boy Welcome, I think the problem with that car is it's the cheapest AB around a year old with sub 10k miles on the LR website & auto trader, so they will be keen to move it on but maybe not that keen! You will have a better chance of discount on a higher spec one at a bit more money, but if you have a budget that you want to stick to it might be worth a trip down & don't leave until your happy with the deal. I have noticed that if your in their garage wanting to deal you get on better than trying to do it on the phone or by email, to save wasting your time I would check that they will reduce it by something before you travel then its down to negotiation!

If you could stretch a bit you could probably get a new stock Hse dynamic with a good spec this quarter for mid to late 60's there's a few of them available but not that many AB's

Good luck

Malc

Post #538088 Wed Oct 11 2017 1:57pm
Canary

England 

Welcome dog boy seems a great car for that price, have you asked them if they would take an offer? MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #538103 Wed Oct 11 2017 4:28pm
Dogboy

United Kingdom 

Thanks everyone for your valued comments and opinions. Andy, if life was that simple. I’d love to be able to just not sweat the small stuff, but every little helps and whilst not destitute, I do have a budget which I’m fairly rigid in maintaining.
You might say in that case I might have to lower my expectations, but I felt in my 55K with a little further negotiation was a fair offer.
With regards to visiting dealers, most of my locals stock are at the high end of the price range and having spoken/dealt with some of them in the past are quite intransigent when it comes to offers. This coupled with punters here having more money than sense doesn’t lead to a conducive environment for negotiating a good deal.
I’m optimistic with abit if work on my part, I’ll find the right car at the right price. Just might take a bit of time.

Post #538112 Wed Oct 11 2017 6:24pm
RallyXS

United Kingdom 

Advice from my dealer, who I have a good relationship with, is to wait until March or just after. This was a month or two ago, but he thought prices could come down by as much as 10k due to Velar and new sport, which is quite a change, not just a regular update. Been looking at 16 plate AB's, and just can't do it if they are going to come down anything like that. 2012 RRS SDV6
2014 BMW 320d X-Drive Touring
1999 VW Polo stage rally car

Post #538119 Wed Oct 11 2017 8:51pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Guys, I have learned in the 14 months of ownership of a new Rrs that you have to budget for losses of £1k per month even on 2 year old cars, before i bought mine I thought maybe £20k over 3 years based on residuals spring 2016 when I started researching them before taking the plunge. Some posters on here who have had more RRS than me said then budget for £1k a month & I thought they were being over cautious but they seem correct.

Even buying a nice spec RRS 2 Hse dynamic at 2 years old with 20k miles from a LR dealer, you will pay around £55-60k, they probably only paid £47-50k out on the car at most, so you are still up to £10k behind at that point, going forward it will still loose around the £1k per month so after 1 year you could easily be £17k plus down without interest if you hp or pcp them. The secret is to buy the best spec, lowest mileage car you can get at the lower end of the £10k price spread.

A few 3-4 year old ones are selling on the LR approved used website for around £2k below cap clean trade money so values do seem to be dropping faster than they were.

As others have said on here the models are always evolving every 6-12 months it would seem, if you want one & you can buy it, go for it! I'm not happy at the losses however the drive is second to none in my opinion, they are great cars.

Good luck with your search!

Malc

Post #538121 Wed Oct 11 2017 9:24pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If f you like the car, you think the price is reasonable then go for it. If you worry about residuals (which are a worry if you only intend to kept the car 2-3 years) you will never buy one and they are great cars, much belittled by those who have only read the forums and rate then as unreliable over priced rubbish but have never owned one. They ARE over-priced for sure but we still love them, the people who win from them being overpriced are those who buy them at 3-4 years old when depreciation sorts out the value for money quotient. So dealers make a killing every time time we sell and buy within the network, but then when you sell and buy houses or any other high value item it is the same, the estate agents and lawyers make a fortune out of you - it is capitalism is action!

That car is a lovely looking car, I have no idea why it has sat on Lookers West London's forecourt for so long as usually they shift their cars on pretty quickly - it maybe that it is an ex LR management car or a car run by one of the management at Lookers, in either case you will find it has been well looked after, it has the balance of the factory warranty, it might have the service agreement that is transferable and you could ask Lookers to chuck in used car warranty to run after the new car warranty has run out. So it's not one of the most common colours, that means there aren't 6 of them on every street unlike Black ones and white ones, it does also have a good spec. Business is business, they have a price they won't go under but also they won't keep it forever on their forecourt and would much rather sell it a bit below asking than send it to an auction and risk a very low price for it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #538146 Thu Oct 12 2017 12:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tyrefitter

You are right Tim,,they are overpriced but,but so are plenty more cars,at the end of the day if you want one then buy it.If I had the money what ive lost in the last 10 years on RRS's I would be able to buy a house.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White