RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Rejecting a car within 30 days of ownership - experiences?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

james5599

United Kingdom 

Sp13l wrote:
It amazes me that people take the time to criticise spelling on an informal forum but each to their own.

Anyone able to come up with some advice rather than smart alec remarks?

The foot waving (like so many things in life Laughing ) is about technique ! Practice mate!

Unsure on the indicator stalk .....

Seat rubbing I d need to check on mine but entirely plausible, easily fixed by the sounds of it.

I think tbh you may be slightly nit picking, don’t take that the wrong way, obviously you have raised some bonafide issues and they should be fixed but don’t be a Censored now Rolling with laughter 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #538663 Wed Oct 18 2017 10:04pm
nickessex

United Kingdom 

hi, what is the AEB fault, have had the same thing happen and had it fixed ?
if it says AEB initialising every now and again , you need to tell them to fit a new forward facing camera under warranty and it should do the trick !

Post #538669 Wed Oct 18 2017 11:02pm
wilf

I don't think that there is any illumination to the column stalks, so one less thing to worry about.

The foot waving thing sometimes takes two or three goes for me, but the boot lid does always open fully as normal. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #538674 Thu Oct 19 2017 7:50am
Sp13l

England 

Ok. Thanks for comments.

Car delivered to dealer with the full list of faults. I must say i agree that some of it was nitpicking but the frustrations with the car possiblly amplified my concerns that i may have a problematic car.

The car remains with the dealer anx i am in the sales manager's ffrr which is massive! Nice car but not for me. However, i may be forced to live with it for a few days. Not the worst thing in the world.

1. Aeb/front alert. New camera has been fitted but the technician is experiencing 'difficulties' is syncing the camera to the car.

2. Sim reader. After the sales guy tried and failed to install sim this was investigated. Quote' we have no idea why it isn't working' . Whilst i am not a lr technician, i suspect it is faulty and needs replacing like many others? Anyway they have not concluded this investigation but i suspect a new reader will be forthcoming.

3. Boot. Sales guy seens to have sorted this by bolding the open button forcten seconds and waiting for a beep. I tried it again and seens to have done the trick.

4. Farting noise ( nitpick moment i agree) to bd resolved by Vaseline. I hope he neant on the seat and not on me?

5. Stork lights. Confirmed they dont light up in the dark. Bit wierd as they can be difficukt to operate wgen you are new to the car but i am sure my yoda like instincts aill soon kick in.

So in conclusion still ongoing. I do hope it returns fault free but i am concerned that tbe bugs will remain. I understand that in respect on the 30 day rule that this pauses for the length of time the car is sith the dealer. Is that right? My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #538713 Thu Oct 19 2017 6:03pm

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

You can still reject a car upto 6 years if the fault was present on delivery. After 30 days you do not get all your money back, a deduction can be made for use of the vehicle, also you have to give the dealer one opportunity to repair a fault, and I think after 6 months it rises to 3 opportunities to repair.

Post #538731 Thu Oct 19 2017 8:29pm
Sp13l

England 

Ok.thanks. i read up on it and there seems to be a pause clause for the days it is with them which will be two so far. Anyone confirm the pause aspect? My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #538779 Fri Oct 20 2017 10:00am
Sp13l

England 

Was due to pick up car today but still in workshop. They have replaced the front camera but havent resolved the sim issue. Wont fet any further update until monday. Frustrating My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #538876 Sat Oct 21 2017 7:19pm
Sp13l

England 

So, the saga goes on added to by some dishonest or incompetent behaviour from the service department. I will try to explain.....

Despite being assured by the service department at my LR dealer that he would call me this morning with an update, of course, he didn't. I called around 1pm and enquired on the car. Response was 'Yeah, it is ready...." After suggesting they might want to have called me to advise me of this, the cheeky f**ker reply was, 'well you know now'. Confirmed if all the issues had been addressed.... yeah, yeah, all done. Fine. And the Sim Reader? 'All working - you put the card in the wrong way.." Informed him that the sim card was put in by the sales guy at LR and that I was confident it was done correctly. He assured me it wasn't and that he has put the dim card in, set it up and it was working fine. Not wanting to argue the toss on this I left it at that

Arrive about an hour later, car waiting for me, all clean etc - all looking promising.....

Sat on the forecourt and tried to connect the sim - 'sim not found' AGAIN! to add to this, they said they would also sort the AEB/FA with a new camera, fix the boot gesture control which is only half opening and oil a squeaky seat. As I didn't travel anywhere in the car, I can't see if the AEB/FA is sorted (but no message came up) but the rest of the issues remain - Effing Liars!
Waited for half an hour for the master tech to come and see the car with me. He tried the sim and other faults and confirmed they are still the same as before, but assured me a new camera had gone in. Interestingly, the service department had said that it needed a new reader unit on Friday, and clearly, this wasn't done. So it remains with the dealer for another day and 2 hours of my life that I won't get back.

Incompetence of deceit? My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #538989 Mon Oct 23 2017 5:46pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

This whole saga is appalling but the icing on the cake was the service depts comment re the phone call you didn’t get. That sort of service(?) gets right up my nose.

I am not in a position to spend the sort of money we are talking about on a brand new car, but feel that if I were in your shoes I’d be telling them where to stick their RRS and be off to a competitor via your solicitors. Of course I am not in your shoes and perhaps if I was there I’d persevere as it’s a working RRS that you really want after all. Whether you’ll have any confidence in it once (?) fixed I’m not sure.

I don’t envy you at all. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #539000 Mon Oct 23 2017 6:40pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Are these the most incompetent ignorant people on the plant?
All i can say is its Censored disgraceful. Censored SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #539001 Mon Oct 23 2017 6:45pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Sp13l wrote:
So, the saga goes on added to by some dishonest or incompetent behaviour from the service department. I will try to explain.....

Despite being assured by the service department at my LR dealer that he would call me this morning with an update, of course, he didn't. I called around 1pm and enquired on the car. Response was 'Yeah, it is ready...." After suggesting they might want to have called me to advise me of this, the cheeky f**ker reply was, 'well you know now'. Confirmed if all the issues had been addressed.... yeah, yeah, all done. Fine. And the Sim Reader? 'All working - you put the card in the wrong way.." Informed him that the sim card was put in by the sales guy at LR and that I was confident it was done correctly. He assured me it wasn't and that he has put the dim card in, set it up and it was working fine. Not wanting to argue the toss on this I left it at that

Arrive about an hour later, car waiting for me, all clean etc - all looking promising.....

Sat on the forecourt and tried to connect the sim - 'sim not found' AGAIN! to add to this, they said they would also sort the AEB/FA with a new camera, fix the boot gesture control which is only half opening and oil a squeaky seat. As I didn't travel anywhere in the car, I can't see if the AEB/FA is sorted (but no message came up) but the rest of the issues remain - Effing Liars!
Waited for half an hour for the master tech to come and see the car with me. He tried the sim and other faults and confirmed they are still the same as before, but assured me a new camera had gone in. Interestingly, the service department had said that it needed a new reader unit on Friday, and clearly, this wasn't done. So it remains with the dealer for another day and 2 hours of my life that I won't get back.

Incompetence of deceit?

A mate of mine was getting the round-around so he called LandRover assistance and made out the car wouldn't drive. When LR guy turned up he gave him a hard time. The technician ran his diagnostic kit and his car was booked into the dealer by LR and it got their attention when they knew LR was aware

Sometimes its necessary to get creative when dealing with liars!

Post #539006 Mon Oct 23 2017 7:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I would suggest that as they have had their attempt to rectify the faults and they haven’t been able to (whether through incompetence of their service staff or the lies they pedal) you should now set the rejection process in motion because that will get Land Rover and (if you had finance on the car) the finance company both involved - problem is once you have started the rejection process you must not drive the car. You should mention that you brought the car in to be sorted and the impression that you were given was that everything was fixed but the car is as it was when you left it, therefore you have to assume it cannot be repaired......... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #539007 Mon Oct 23 2017 7:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sp13l

England 

Thanks guys.

I have sent an email documenting the saga to the sales guy as to be fair he has been ok. Shot across the bow as it were. Here is the email

are aware that my car has some issues and has been with your service ream since Thursday and the majority of the issues remain.

As you know i was in the dealership to collect the car today after my wife being informed by your service department that all fixes were complete. Unfortunately this was not the case which is extremely disappointing.

To summarise the position:

1. AEB and forward assist not working. Apparently a fault from manufacture and i am told the forward camera is now replaced. Clearly i haven't been able to check this but i didn't see any dash warning on starting thd car today so i am hoping this is working now.

2. Sim card reader still not working. This is a major concern for me as i rely heavily on the satnav live updates for meetings. I also dont have the other features associated with needing data sim as is advertised with the car.
When i called on Thursday, the service team said it needed a new card reader. I then called on Saturday morning and was informed this wasn't done as yet but would be on Monday. Sue called around 1pm and was told that the car was ready and that the fault had been that the card was inserted incorrectly. You know that we both tried the card and you inserted it correctly. We then took it out and left it in the cupholder for the mechanic. As this was the case, how can your service guy say it was inserted incorrectly by me? He also said to Sue that he had inserted it and it was up and
running. When i got to the car this afternoon the same fault was there. I don't believe that it was even looked at. It certainly wasn't fixed. They lad on the service desk said it had a new card reader, your service guy on the phone said it hadn't. Someone is mistaken? Your master tech looked at it, agreed it wasn't working and said he would order in a new reader. He didn't bdlieve it had a new reader either. It doesn't bode well.

3. You will recall we spoke about the boot gesture opening only partially. I checked that again with your mastertech and the same thing happened.
4. Squeaking seat when aligning to driver setting. You recall we spoke about that. Leather rubbing against centre consol. Needs oiling but still present and i suspect was forgotten about?

I am less than impressed with the service and contradictions given by your service department. This is disappointing as the buying experience given by you was good.

However, the overiding feeling and concern i have is in the build quality of this car. I am not sure if it is limited to my car or the model in general but the internet is full of stories of issues particularly with the electronics of the model. It is not acceptable i my opinion that a 'premium' brand and a car retailing at this level should have so many issues. In all my time with BMW, i never had any complaints about build quality or reliability and i expected the same from Land Rover.

As you know, i am within my 30 day period under the consumer act 2015 where i can reject the car and i am giving this consideration at the moment. I understand that should i want to proceed with this then i need to go to LandRover finance in the cirst instance. Is that correct?

I am reliant on my car for work and i need to have the confidence that the car will not let me down. I am quickly falling out of love with this car.

I would appreciate your thoughts and comments on the above.

Thoughts? My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #539009 Mon Oct 23 2017 8:10pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

If you are seriously thinking about rejecting then I would suggest talking to a solicitor, and don't give the dealer excuses. Comparing to a BMW does nothing to your case, nor does "premium brand" or "selling point". It is what it is. Also doesn't help talking about all the stories you've read on the internet. As far as the dealer is concerned you could well have read those before you bought the car and still went ahead. Why does a non-working SIM reader and squeaky seat make you think the car will let you down? Falling out of love with the car is also not a valid reason to reject.

Personally I think you'll have a hard time having these faults judged as significant and hence able to reject. Easier to give them the chance to fix and offer you something in return (servicing, or example, costs them nothing).

Sounds like the one side of the dealers hasn't a clue what the other is doing, and their treatment sounds dreadful. However, their incompetence doesn't make what was a number of minor faults a significant one.

I would just lay out who said what when, who did what and when, and ask for a definitive action plan and timetable for them to fix the agreed faults by.

Good luck. 

Post #539015 Mon Oct 23 2017 8:51pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Spot on Phil.

Post #539016 Mon Oct 23 2017 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>