RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Ordered SVR MY18
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 31 <123 ... 141516 ... 293031>

SVR575

United Kingdom 

Hmm Andy.
imo. lights back and front better, exhaust tips i like them, seats equal, steering wheel much better, Bonnet vents love them, side vents not so much, wheels if black more aggressive , silver, old ones better.
So all in all with power rise and small changes its better, faster and better looking! Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #547417 Fri Feb 02 2018 8:43pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Tyrefitter wrote:
HSE Dynamic wrote:

Don’t like the wheels.
Don’t like the exhaust tips
Don’t like the bonnet vents,from the side it just looks like any other hse.
I much prefer the previous shape,it def looks more aggressive & will turn heads more.
Cantona,you made the right decision

Andy.

Thanks Andy, my view exactly. I think the biggest disappointment are the bonnet vents, I thought they were going to be a big plus but in the flesh they are completely non discript!
The car to look out for will be the new SvR in a couple of years or so, they have to get that right.
Not sure what they have achieved with these changes, they’ve taken a work of art and f***ed around with it for no good reason at all!
For mid cycle tweaks I would have perhaps done all the touch screen bits and pieces (as they have) although I haven’t seen these so I can’t really comment if they are an upgrade or not, I would have made a good job of the air vents in the bonnet, they can’t be that hard to get right! I would have kept the blue break callipers and previous wheels as they were (are!) fantastic and perhaps introduced another couple of options, but they would have been as good as the current wheels not worse! A great car has to have great wheels otherwise you are p***ing in the wind before you even f***ing start! The side air vents had to stay, making them the same as every other model is stupid, side on it’s not an SvR anymore!
The new front grill looks good but all in all that’s about it.

Post #547423 Fri Feb 02 2018 9:43pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

No guarantee the next SVR will be based on the Sport of course. The rumours of a Velar SVR (although the car going round the ring has the 6 cylinder 3 L engine) and the fact that there is currently only one SVR, one SVA, one SVX, one SVC suggest there won’t be two SVRs in the Land Rover range at once. 

Post #547431 Fri Feb 02 2018 11:34pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Could be keeping our cars for a while then Phil!

Post #547434 Sat Feb 03 2018 12:08am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

I am looking forward to getting mine but agree about the wheels and tailpipes. There is just something about quad pipes Very Happy

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #547435 Sat Feb 03 2018 12:13am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Jeez sagging leather on the SVR too - why can't JLR get this right!?

I think the new SVR looks fantastic Thumbs Up

Post #547438 Sat Feb 03 2018 12:22am
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

I might be in the minority but I love the changes and those photos make me happy since they are non press shots from Land Rover. And honestly if the non Range Rover fan out there can't see the difference between an SVR and HSE I'm fine with that too. I'm not sure they can with old models either. But that's why I loved Audi's S models 15 years ago -- the trim changes were subtle, like front grill and exhaust tips only. But they didn't need to scream "hey everyone I'm fast and more expensive". It's why I like the SVR over a Mercedes or BMW. I want to be more stealthy until I hit the gas of course.

Anyway regarding the bonnet, without the exposed carbon fiber like in the show cars and press shots it looks like it's missing something. Agree it's not as special. The wheels are growing on me for sure. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #547439 Sat Feb 03 2018 12:37am
Alan61

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi All,

It's been a while since I have posted on the forum although I've been an avid reader over the last few years. I had one of the first RRS2's on the road way back in 2013 and since then have dabbled in Merc AMG, BMW M4 and currently Porsche Panamera Turbo S., but I miss the RR Sport and I am looking to order a MY2018 SVR

On looking at the JLR marketing info, feedback from this forum and talking to my friendly dealer I think there are still a few points that need clarified re the 2018 model, maybe someone here knows the answers?

1. I think that the 'quad exhaust' on the new model consists of bumper moulds finishers with the hidden exhaust pipes behind, a bit like the Merc AMG exhausts rather than exposed exhaust pipes?

2. The exhaust sound on the new model has been muted somewhat compared to its predecessor, this is listed as 'LESS external exhaust sound/ amplification' on the LR specification sheet I saw at the dealers today?

3. New wheels are Censored compared to previous?

All in all though I can't wait to get back into the RRS2, especially the SVR, current issues re quality and service levels aside.

I'd be interested in any views or clarification from those more up to speed with the 2018 SVR? MY 2014 HSE Dynamic
MY 2012 RRS HSE
2009 Audi A6 Avant- superb quality but boring never missed
2007 Q7 -loved it but not a patch on RRS
Various BMW's, Audis
199 TD5 Disco XS, great car big improvement on previous Disco
1981 Fiat Mirafiori Sport 2000 TC - Bright Orange and Black, great Car when new but soon deteriorated, those were the days

Post #547443 Sat Feb 03 2018 1:02am
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

1. Yes they're "fake" exhaust tips. Seems to be the new trend. Many brands are doing this now. It just means design wise they can use whatever shape they want instead of the actual round pipes. I thought it was lame at first but they're actually easier to keep clean than polished tips.

2. The 18 SVR doesn't have a quieter exhaust. On the build sheet it lists features that are deleted from the build, but calling them "LESS". So that item "Less external exhaust sound" is probably for the model under it, supercharged dynamic or something that uses a module for the exhaust sound. It doesn't mean that there is literally less exhaust sound.

3. Matter of opinion of they're sh!t or not. I think they're a nice change. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #547449 Sat Feb 03 2018 6:36am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

sally wrote:
OK, Wasnt sure what involvement SVO really have, other than a badge.

I hope you get it soon, then at least those of us that are waiting know the elusive SVRs do exist.

I dont think i need to write this but.... Plenty of pictures will be needed on arrival please!

Sally, yes absolutely will. But as SVR575 has pointed out I think Nod May be the first here to take delivery. I will happily settle for a podium place Cool

Post #547456 Sat Feb 03 2018 9:10am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

There are at least five forum members who are changing from the current car to the new one so let's wait and see what they have to say when their new car arrives.
Even some review would be good , but there is nothing. Big Cry SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #547470 Sat Feb 03 2018 10:22am
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Which dealership is that car at as that looks exactly the same as what I've ordered so want to go see it in the flesh! Thumbs Up 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange incoming

Post #547490 Sat Feb 03 2018 11:35am
Lyonhead

Wales 

I believe it’s written somewhere the pictures are taken at the Aberdeen Dealership..

A bit of a schlep from Cheltenham Lee to just have a look Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing

Post #547492 Sat Feb 03 2018 11:46am
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Cheers mate, I won't be going to have a look then!! Laughing 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange incoming

Post #547493 Sat Feb 03 2018 11:49am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

SVR575 wrote:
There are at least five forum members who are changing from the current car to the new one so let's wait and see what they have to say when their new car arrives.
Even some review would be good , but there is nothing. Big Cry

That's a good point. Even putting the SVR aside, I haven't come across a single journalist's review of the MY18.

Post #547496 Sat Feb 03 2018 12:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 15 of 31 <123 ... 141516 ... 293031>