Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Leaky Sunroof - Air gap -
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Citizen55

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Tonga Green
Leaky Sunroof - Air gap -

Hi all,

I have a leaky sunroof, it doesn't seem to be sealing properly around the back. With it fully closed I can actually see the sky through a tiny gap. Also it sounds windy on motorway, so annoying.
I have tried the reset trick with holding the button down etc, but it made no difference.

Anyway, I have bought a new seal, LR023393 - but I have no idea how to fit it. Do I need to take the headliner off? I have search internet and YouTube and no luck.

Thanks, John 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.2 s/c with Arden bodykit

Post #538260 Sat Oct 14 2017 10:57am
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Interested to know how you get on as i can see light through mine and water drips in but apparently that's normal Rolling with laughter

Post #538275 Sat Oct 14 2017 5:15pm
Cymruambyth

Wales 

Laughing Steve.

Post #538281 Sat Oct 14 2017 7:55pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You local dealer will probably tell you it is a ”characteristic” of the car now that one person has raised it........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #538292 Sun Oct 15 2017 2:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black
Re: Leaky Sunroof - Air gap -

Citizen55 wrote:
Hi all,

I have a leaky sunroof, it doesn't seem to be sealing properly around the back. With it fully closed I can actually see the sky through a tiny gap. Also it sounds windy on motorway, so annoying.
I have tried the reset trick with holding the button down etc, but it made no difference.

Anyway, I have bought a new seal, LR023393 - but I have no idea how to fit it. Do I need to take the headliner off? I have search internet and YouTube and no luck.

Thanks, John

You do not need to remove the headlining, the seal locates in a groove/recess in the actual sunroof panel which you will not see until you remove the old seal. Tilt the Sunroof panel and remove seal from rear of panel and part way down the sides, then open sunroof part way and remove rest of seal. To refit close and tilt panel, start in centre of panel on rear edge and work seal into locating groove, basically refit in just same way as removed old seal starting at rear working towards front. Make sure you refit the seal in the correct orientation, make a note which way round the old one is before removing it. You might also need something to push seal into the groove like some sort of plastic tool that will not damage the seal.

Cheers
Col

Cheers
Col

Post #538294 Sun Oct 15 2017 5:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1