Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > WHATS IT WORTH ? ADVICE APPRECIATED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
WHATS IT WORTH ? ADVICE APPRECIATED

Hello Members

Thinking if i get the right price for my car might want to buy the new plug in hybrid and was wondering what you guys think i should sell the car for either privately or via p/x as this is the first time i have thought about changing my car so soon after i just bought it. WBAC gave a valuation of £50k but on LR approved used cars they are selling for around £70k so not sure which price is more accurate. Would love some feedback from you guys

I have a santorini black diesel atb with the following

registered 30/03/17
3.5k mileage
mudflps
fixed step
tyre & alloy insurance
small bumps insurance
22" 504 alloys
4 zone climate
ebony interior inc headliner
hot/cold front seats
extended grey veneer
large washer bottle
privacy glass
red brakes
surround cameras

Post #537523 Fri Oct 06 2017 10:44am
BKHK

Australia 

Keep it for 3 years.

Post #537526 Fri Oct 06 2017 12:01pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

The LR price is a resell price and you won’t get anything like that for it. LR trade in currently £2k more than WBAC.
You will loose a lot getting rid of car so soon, I agree, wait 2-3 Years. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #537527 Fri Oct 06 2017 12:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've been down this route and you will be very lucky if you get even 60% of what you paid for it so soon after buying it, also you will get nothing, zilch, zippo, nil for most of your options, you might get something for the privacy, the 22" wheels and the larger washer bottle but all the rest you might as well write off, to you they are essentials but to the next buyer they aren't worth paying for and they won't so a dealer will value the car as a bog standard Autobiography. Also be careful where you sell as Black only seems to be popular in the SE and London and could be a loosing factor too, not a lot of people want a black RRS as the "Drug Dealer" associations still linger 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #537532 Fri Oct 06 2017 1:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Haha black RRS not wanted.....Spoken like a true car buyer. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #537533 Fri Oct 06 2017 1:39pm
kmpowell

Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? ADVICE APPRECIATED

rrsfan wrote:
Hello Members

Thinking if i get the right price for my car might want to buy the new plug in hybrid and was wondering what you guys think i should sell the car for either privately or via p/x as this is the first time i have thought about changing my car so soon after i just bought it. WBAC gave a valuation of £50k but on LR approved used cars they are selling for around £70k so not sure which price is more accurate. Would love some feedback from you guys

registered 30/03/17
3.5k mileage
mudflps
fixed step
tyre & alloy insurance
small bumps insurance
22" 504 alloys
4 zone climate
hot/cold front seats
extended grey veneer
large washer bottle
privacy glass
red brakes
surround cameras

You've not stated what engine, so I'm guessing it's the SDV6, but 'CAP clean' for a AB of that age is £57k, so I think a p/x price of £57-60k would be reasonable.

Are you sure it's an AB though, because red brakes, hot/cold seats are all standard on the AB. If it's an HSED then you can take £3-4k off the CAP clean price.

Privately you may get a few thousand more if you're lucky, but not many private punters have that sort of cash. Tootle is a good place for a car like that, expect a few thousand over CAP. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #537544 Fri Oct 06 2017 3:13pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

RRS fan,

The trade ins I've been offered against a stock AB this quarter are pitiful, they all keep going on about cap clean & no more, have you had a bid from we buy any car sir? We have a price promise we have to be the cheapest on the net! Even though the terms state the comparable car has to be the same spec, mileage, age, condition etc, they all seem to be trying to drive the 1 - 2 year old cars prices into the ground. What is worrying though is there are reasonable colour Hse dynamics for sale at 3 years old on the LR approved website for as low as £42-44k which is around 2k less than cap clean trade in! Meaning if I did keep mine until it was 3 years old I would be lucky to have 1-2k equity in it! But there are others very similar retailing at £50+ it seems crazy, I think if I started a trade book like Cap & cut 10% below them all these dealers would start using my book!

If LR dealers offered more money for their cars they would probably get people to change more often. This would be better for them as if you buy on pcp the first years are where you pay the most interest.

I'm waiting on a deal that may happen next week with mine, then I'll give you some more info on my pain!

Post #537583 Fri Oct 06 2017 8:21pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Ive just sold (2 weeks ago) my14 AB in white to a none LR dealer for £48750.Tim I hope your not saying I’m now a drug dealer.? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #537588 Fri Oct 06 2017 8:46pm
rrsfan

Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? ADVICE APPRECIATED

kmpowell wrote:
rrsfan wrote:
Hello Members

registered 30/03/17
3.5k mileage
mudflps
fixed step
tyre & alloy insurance
small bumps insurance
22" 504 alloys
4 zone climate
hot/cold front seats
extended grey veneer
large washer bottle
privacy glass
red brakes
surround cameras

You've not stated what engine, so I'm guessing it's the SDV6, but 'CAP clean' for a AB of that age is £57k, so I think a p/x price of £57-60k would be reasonable.

Are you sure it's an AB though, because red brakes, hot/cold seats are all standard on the AB. If it's an HSED then you can take £3-4k off the CAP clean price.

Privately you may get a few thousand more if you're lucky, but not many private punters have that sort of cash. Tootle is a good place for a car like that, expect a few thousand over CAP.

Defo an atb. 3ltr diesel. I am pretty sure you had to select for red brakes even though it was a free option.

Post #537596 Fri Oct 06 2017 10:04pm
rrsfan

m13lky wrote:
RRS fan,

The trade ins I've been offered against a stock AB this quarter are pitiful, they all keep going on about cap clean & no more, have you had a bid from we buy any car sir? We have a price promise we have to be the cheapest on the net! Even though the terms state the comparable car has to be the same spec, mileage, age, condition etc, they all seem to be trying to drive the 1 - 2 year old cars prices into the ground. What is worrying though is there are reasonable colour Hse dynamics for sale at 3 years old on the LR approved website for as low as £42-44k which is around 2k less than cap clean trade in! Meaning if I did keep mine until it was 3 years old I would be lucky to have 1-2k equity in it! But there are others very similar retailing at £50+ it seems crazy, I think if I started a trade book like Cap & cut 10% below them all these dealers would start using my book!

If LR dealers offered more money for their cars they would probably get people to change more often. This would be better for them as if you buy on pcp the first years are where you pay the most interest.

I'm waiting on a deal that may happen next week with mine, then I'll give you some more info on my pain!

WBAC quoted me £52k

Post #537598 Fri Oct 06 2017 10:05pm
rrsfan

m13lky wrote:
RRS fan,

Cant wait to hear back from you Smile

Post #537600 Fri Oct 06 2017 10:08pm
rrsfan

Tyrefitter wrote:
Ive just sold (2 weeks ago) my14 AB in white to a none LR dealer for £48750.Tim I hope your not saying I’m now a drug dealer.? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Andy.

I have sent you a pm mate. hopefully you can help me out

Post #537608 Fri Oct 06 2017 11:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1