RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > 2016 RRS satnav autozoom
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

strangeroversport

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Nara Bronze
2016 RRS satnav autozoom

I've an ongoing issue with the Autozoom function on my 2016 sport. When in guidance mode, meaning there's a destination input into the satnav, and you have autozoom selected, my screen view can rotate up to 90 degrees to my actual direction of travel.
The handbook states that when under guidance the screen view should be heading referenced, so what you seen on the screen is what you see in front of you through the windscreen.
The car has been back to the dealer and they say there's nothing wrong. They are either incompetent or covering up a know fault with the software driving it.
Anyone else got same issue or does yours work properly?

Last edited by strangeroversport on Thu Oct 05 2017 5:32pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #537395 Thu Oct 05 2017 10:30am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

The view can either show what you want, as explained above (I prefer that too) or the actual direction of travel i.e. North, East, West, South. It may be obvious but still worth checking ... have you tried changing that? From memory it is either done by tapping the compass icon on the map (marked 'N'?) or perhaps a 'soft' button on the screen. Sorry for being vague but I haven't used the built-in satnav for a while so can't remember exactly how to change it. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #537414 Thu Oct 05 2017 1:12pm
strangeroversport

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Nara Bronze

I understand what you are saying, and I've done all that. All those functions work fine. Like I said, it to do with the autozoom while under guidance. If you've never selected autozoom ON while under guidance the screen behaves property.
The owners manual states clearly what the display should do, mine doesn't work as advertised.

Post #537419 Thu Oct 05 2017 1:34pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Understood. Sorry, no idea then. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #537427 Thu Oct 05 2017 2:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1