RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Issues so far after 2 weeks
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

paulmoz10

United Kingdom 
Issues so far after 2 weeks

Ok so picked up my new RRS on Friday 8th September and have spotted the following issues. Don't know if it's just me or if anyone else has had these also.

1. Bluetooth lost my phone halfway through my journey. Couldn't find it again. Only solution was to connect via lightning cable USB

2. Playing music from iPhone though USB cable the screen froze. Music kept playing. It I couldn't stop pause skip etc as screen was frozen.

3. Satnav on ocassions takes almost the entire journey before it even switches on. Just get the land rover screen

4. Tried to set up auto access height which I assumed meant that when I stopped and turned off it lowered it for me but no. It appears to do nothing.

5. Is there anyway to turn the sound off on the speed camera alerts? Driving me insane on the new smart motorway

6. Front parking sensor decides to work when it wants and even throws on the odd mystery object that is not there but goes mental beeping at you.

I love this car and the drive is very good. Am I being picky expecting that the above work or do I have to live with it?

Any advice would be welcome.

Post #535721 Mon Sep 18 2017 7:37am
Hedders007

Morning,

I can honestly say that all these items work perfectly on my car!

However, I did have an issue with my iPhone not connecting properly to InControl Apps. After lots of advice offered on this great forum, the fault was traced by my dealer to a faulty wiring loom behind the dashboard!
Once this was replaced, the car has been faultless.

If you are having the issues that you do, I would suggest a dealer visit just in case you do have a hardware issue. These faults are faults - not normal operation!

Good Luck,

H.

Post #535723 Mon Sep 18 2017 7:53am
donny dog

United Kingdom 
Re: Issues so far after 2 weeks

paulmoz10 wrote:
Ok so picked up my new RRS on Friday 8th September and have spotted the following issues. Don't know if it's just me or if anyone else has had these also.

1. Bluetooth lost my phone halfway through my journey. Couldn't find it again. Only solution was to connect via lightning cable USB

2. Playing music from iPhone though USB cable the screen froze. Music kept playing. It I couldn't stop pause skip etc as screen was frozen.

3. Satnav on ocassions takes almost the entire journey before it even switches on. Just get the land rover screen

4. Tried to set up auto access height which I assumed meant that when I stopped and turned off it lowered it for me but no. It appears to do nothing.

5. Is there anyway to turn the sound off on the speed camera alerts? Driving me insane on the new smart motorway

6. Front parking sensor decides to work when it wants and even throws on the odd mystery object that is not there but goes mental beeping at you.

I love this car and the drive is very good. Am I being picky expecting that the above work or do I have to live with it?

Any advice would be welcome.

1 I've never lost my Bluetooth connection but I use Android. (I do, however, frequently lose 3G and have to re-boot it from the 'Connections' option where I find mobile data has turned itself off).

2 My system often seems to 'forget' what I've got plugged in to the USB port, which in my case is a flash drive which I use for music (and that because the downloaded CDs on the hard drive can't be sorted or labelled even though they're all there, so I have to use USB instead). However, it invariably finds it if I unplug it and plug it in again. On my radio I get 'No Reception' quite often, when clearly there IS reception and you can get it back only by cycling the system.

3 My sat. nav. is always slow to boot up, but not to the extent to which you describe - unless you have some extremely short jorneys! Laughing

4 I've no experience of auto. access as I have deployable side steps so don't use it (on dealer's advice). However, it works OK manually

5 Can't answer that, as I live rurally so don't see many camera, and value the alert if I come across one (although it IS loud as you say!).

6 It took me ages to find out how to get front parking sensors to be on permanently, especially as the dealer said it couldn't be done. Otherwise, they are only on if you have previously been in reverse, and then just for the duration of that maneouvre. You can make them permanent in menu settings. They are, however, super-sensitive and frighten the life out of you when you aren't near an obvious hazard. (Where the supposed hazard is located is displayed on the graphics). If, however, you're referring to it not alerting even when it IS on, mine has only done that when reversing towards a fence with vertical bars, where it obviously was 'looking' between the bars and allowed me to get too close to open the boot. (Luckily, I got out to check!). Going forwards, it has twice failed to alert at all even when heading towards a solid wall.

One thing I can say, however, is that the accumulated knowledge on here is better than my dealer's knowledge on the MY17 set-up (which isn't actually saying a lot!) so you may end up having to tell them what's wrong with it to get it fixed. The other clear fact is that LR are just not very good at car infotainment systems. (You would think that, being so slow in modernising their systems, they'd be able to benefit from developments already made by other manufacturers - they should reverse-engineer a few competitor's cars and find out how it's done!).

Post #535733 Mon Sep 18 2017 8:49am
paulmoz10

United Kingdom 

Thanks donny

Update.

1. Bought a cable so not bothering with BT anymore

2. Happened again today. No idea why it does it but look like gonna have to with it

3. Satnav is slow to load but not as bad as first week so let's see.

4. Finally figured this out and works like a dream now.

5. Not sure this can be done without turning the alerts completely off so will live with this

6. Got them completely on now thanks to Donny, but they still seem to pick up the odd ghost and give me a dead tone when nothing is there.

Overall this week has been a lot better. Even managed a trip to work with a 44.6mpg so happy days.

Love this car and just gave her a proper wash tonight and you get to see all of her curves. She is sexy.

Had a full detailing done last week so will post and share the details shortly. Very impressed

Post #536199 Fri Sep 22 2017 7:00pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Speed Cam alarm - long shot with this one as I don't have all these gizmos on my car but have you tried to adjust the volume rotary knob for the radio/ ICE while the alarm is sounding, some S the way you adjust the volume of the satnav directions? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #536240 Sat Sep 23 2017 9:22am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

paulmoz10 wrote:
Thanks donny

Update.

1. Bought a cable so not bothering with BT anymore

2. Happened again today. No idea why it does it but look like gonna have to with it

3. Satnav is slow to load but not as bad as first week so let's see.

4. Finally figured this out and works like a dream now.

5. Not sure this can be done without turning the alerts completely off so will live with this

6. Got them completely on now thanks to Donny, but they still seem to pick up the odd ghost and give me a dead tone when nothing is there.

Overall this week has been a lot better. Even managed a trip to work with a 44.6mpg so happy days.

Love this car and just gave her a proper wash tonight and you get to see all of her curves. She is sexy.

Had a full detailing done last week so will post and share the details shortly. Very impressed

How did you set up auto height access, i'm looking to do this on mine but cant figure out how to do it myself SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #536248 Sat Sep 23 2017 2:45pm
wilf

See here: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic48905.html MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #536256 Sat Sep 23 2017 4:07pm
james5599

United Kingdom 

Not to thread hijack but my 17 SVR has got niggles with the infotainment system

Screen has a twitch sometimes whilst on the home screen,

I get nav not available periodically

Bluetooth disconnects iphone

Did just average 25 mpg over 800 miles though. Was chuffed with that 😂

That’s about it so far. Could be a lot worse by the Sounds of it! 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #536266 Sat Sep 23 2017 5:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1