RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography Order. Discounts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>

markymarkf

United Kingdom 

totally stunning, enjoy many happy miles SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #546169 Wed Jan 17 2018 9:51pm
Canary

England 

Awesome looking beast congratulations on your new motor, you'll be turning heads for sure. MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect đź‘Ť
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect đź‘Ś
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect đź‘Ś
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect đź‘Ś
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #546183 Thu Jan 18 2018 9:39am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

That looks amazing,,the exact color combination I would go for if buying new.Glad so see your happy with your purchase.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #546186 Thu Jan 18 2018 10:14am
Pakolainen

Finland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Rimini Red

Looks stunning. Enjoy. 2019 RRS P400e Autobiography
2014 RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE Dynamic
2006 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSe
Alfa Romeo Guillietta 2.0 JTDM 2011
Mazda 3 1.6 2010
Subaru Impreza 2.0 WRX 2005

Post #546192 Thu Jan 18 2018 12:08pm
rox10h

United Kingdom 

thanks for the kind words guys.

Some interior pics at night (i love the ambient lighting!)

Untitled by irfan sardar, on Flickr

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

But, and there is a huge but.

Im close to handing the car back on a refusal basis.

The new sat nav screen pops and tilts out of the dash about 30 degrees when the engine starts to make viewing easier. The main reason why i couldn't pick my car up for the last two weeks, was because the screen was popping out and in and tilting with a mind of its own - LR recognised this as a software fault, and the whole point of the two week wait was the software update would cure said problem.

Since yesterday the car has been spot on. This morning however, i've started the car and the screen had a fit - the screen was going black, and then the display would come on, and the screen continuously kept tilting in and out when it felt like. This went on for about 3-4 minutes, all the while the radio was playing fine. DAB reception also dropped several times and i couldn't even select FM as a back up. This evening the car has been fine like it never happened again.

The above tells me that
A) LR didn't do nothing regarding an update and just handed the car to me hoping for the best, or;
B) Said update went on, they tested it once and seen it was working, and that was it.

So, spoke to a solicitor today for advice and in turn spoke to LR. i will give them ONE opportunity and a few days to sort it as i appreciate its a weekend. They are collecting the car tomorrow and handing back the MY17 loan car i had for the last two weeks to sort the issue. they couldn't comment on how long this would take.

Issue here is, this will potentially be 3 weeks without the car. This has almost defeated the object of having the car early and being registered on a 67 - hence why i think for the sake of another 5-7 weeks odd, just make do and wait for an all new car with hopefully the Censored bits ironed out. The leather on the front seats is also a little saggy and needs sorting. I just feel the handover was rushed and they wanted rid.

Honestly, what would you guys do in this situation? bare in mind the last two odd weeks ive been messed about as well, am i being too soft by giving them another opportunity to sort the car? should i just point black refuse the car and wait for another?

And with regards to refusing the car, in my opinion it isn't fit for purpose and thus I'm fully entitled to my money returned or another car. However the dealer and solicitor said its still seen as 'fit for purpose' as mechanically its sound... But my screen isn't so it isn't bloody fit for purpose in my eyes!!

Sorry for the rant and lengthy post. As always i appreciate your input and advice/thoughts. Be honest with me!

Irfan MY18 RRS Autobiography SDV6 (Awaiting delivery)
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG
2013 VW Transporter Sportline Kombi Lwb
2006 BMW 530d M Sport

Post #546225 Thu Jan 18 2018 9:48pm
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Well I probably wouldn't refuse it over the screen issue. I've had the InControl Touch Duo thing since September in my Velar and once it a while it's done some weird things and then never again. It's buggy. One time the screen tilting was doing the opposite of what it should, and a couple times the main lower screen took a while to startup and was black for a while. But without any software updates it's running perfectly now and has done for a few months. It's new tech for them and they're working the kinks out. I'm sure they will get it sorted.

I'd be more upset about saggy leather. I've never seen it on my two Range Rovers or any of my 4 past Audi's. My Velar interior is flawless. I saw the sagging on another 2018 video and this is troubling. Hope the SVR seats don't suffer from this as well.

And by the way -- your chosen spec looks amazing! Congratulations. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #546234 Fri Jan 19 2018 2:47am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Regarding what you say was a rushed hand-over - LR pays the dealer for a fixed time for a handover -IIRC 2 or 3 hours, so the incentive is to get it done to move onto the next client/ “piece” of new business. It could be LR is being less than generous with the time allowed for the dealer to hand over. It is like PDI, LR allows a ludicrously short time of 2 hours which they consider adequate for the dealerships to PDI a new car any more and it comes out of the dealership’s pocket. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #546236 Fri Jan 19 2018 4:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SVR575

United Kingdom 

I just feel its such a shame to pick up a brand new car of this quality or any come to think of it and have these sort of problems.

LR really should get there act together. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #546240 Fri Jan 19 2018 8:43am
rox10h

United Kingdom 

Update:

My dealer promised to call me yesterday with an update and he failed to do so. I called him and gave him a piece of mind unfortunately as its just not good enough - problems with the car happen and I accept that, poor customer care and making false promises is not. He told me that ''the update on the software for your screen SHOULD be Friday but i cant see that myself'' - What the hell does that actually mean to me? is it a yes, or is it a no for Friday?! i had a meltdown and told him do what they want with the car but i am going to refuse it and will wait for a new one to be ordered for me in March.

He accepted that and didn't have an issue with it what so ever '' i don't blame you sir'''. just so infuriating to deal with and just agrees with everything i say. Even if my car is sorted and is spick and span Friday I'm not having it and il wait till March. If they value you my custom and appreciate the absolute idiocy ive had to deal with they will let me keep this loan car till then, but i wont hold my breath.

If a car cant be delivered for march, I'm taking the plunge and will just go completely left field and go for a used X5M and keeping the change to run it. Appalling, Atrocious, Pathetic dealership to deal with but i'll give them one last benefit of the doubt with another car. Generally i don't think this is a reflection on JLR as a whole, but more so the very popular JLR franchise that I'm dealing with - unsure if i can name them due to forum policy (or not?) but think around the Capital of South Wales.

rant over..sorry! MY18 RRS Autobiography SDV6 (Awaiting delivery)
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG
2013 VW Transporter Sportline Kombi Lwb
2006 BMW 530d M Sport

Post #546711 Thu Jan 25 2018 10:06am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

I think you are very entitled to feel this way, these dealers incompetence is just staggering.

Would love to be there when they see you walk in though.. Laughing SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #546717 Thu Jan 25 2018 12:32pm
EstorilSVR

United Kingdom 

Hi,

I am having these issues with my car too. My lower screen went blank and I also lost the speedometer too! Further more I now have suspension failure! I have just posted about this on another thread. I am also thinking of rejecting the car but am giving them another day or two to see what happens. Totally appalling!

Post #546730 Thu Jan 25 2018 3:20pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

- unsure if i can name them due to forum policy (or not?) but think around the Capital of South Wales.

Rox10h I live less than a mile from this dealership and when I had my first RRS I had appalling service from them and now they have a huge shiney new showroom and workshop facilities but guess what, my last 3 RRSports including the SVR I have now I travel 35 miles and deal with another dealership who are a lot lot better. Not perfect but better as we are limited in South Wales to only 3 Dealerships you have to take what you get. But we are not in isolation, the more you read the forums the more you see that others have problems all around the U.K. Shocked Shocked

Post #546732 Thu Jan 25 2018 3:29pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

When you go in to the dealership, have a rant on the showroom floor, hopefully with a few customers around that can hear you.In fact tell anyone there how Censored the car/dealership is. Don't let them take you into an office. The one thing they don't want are potential customers frightened off Big Cry

Post #546733 Thu Jan 25 2018 3:48pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

This is such a shame. Buying an expensive top of the range car should be a pleasurable experience, not one that causes you stress and makes you angry!

We went back to Land Rover in 2012 as they appeared to have improved their quality control and customer service, but now they seem to have slipped back to where they were in the late 1990’s and early 2000’s. It was at this time we switched from Land Rover and enjoyed 10 years of problem and stress free motoring curtesy of Volvo, BMW and Audi. 10 years where we received excellent customer service and never had any problems with our vehicles whatsoever.......

I really think that Land Rover need to up their game!

Jim

Post #546737 Thu Jan 25 2018 4:26pm
HossBog

United Kingdom 

I bought my AUC RRS from this dealer in the summer and to be fair they were good to me - also bought a Disco 4 from Stratstone Newport a couple of years ago and equally faultless.

Unlike my local dealer Suy Galmon who have now failed to sell me a car on three occasions because of their incompetence.

Post #546746 Thu Jan 25 2018 6:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>