RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Spotted > Black 05 TDV6 made to look like a Supercharged, A46 Leics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
Black 05 TDV6 made to look like a Supercharged, A46 Leics

An odd one this, came up behind them and it had all the toys on, almost every single accessory, side steps, lamp guards, privacy glass,mudflaps,chrome door mirror covers, but then also it had supercharged style exhaust tips (in the wrong shape) and a SUPERCHARGED badge on it. That made me cringe. Rolling Eyes I have nothing against making an HSE look nicer with the grilles etc but trying to pretend it was a real S/C just looks sad, my opinion of course. Confused

The driver saw me I think and seemed to be trying their damndest to get away from me on the M1 and each time they floored it plumes of black smoke came out the rear end, the ULTIMATE giveaway that it was a fake! (IS that normal for a TDV6? Otherwise I'd suggest they had a sick engine)

The car also had an old style black with silver letters numberplate too, which I thought was an odd choice, unless the driver was going for the all over black look. Something about the plate looked wrong though. Old styles are for old cars, not new ones.

I know each person's tastes are different but I thought they'd gone too far on that one, plus they'd not done the wheels so it was still on 19's.

Apologies if it's your car and I sound very opinionated, each to their own! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3340 Fri Oct 14 2005 3:06pm
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

How did you know it was a diesel if it had all those changes? How did the chrome mirrors look? Is it worth getting?

Post #3354 Fri Oct 14 2005 4:17pm
Biggles

England 
Re: Black 05 TDV6 made to look like a Supercharged, A46 Leic

RRUK wrote:

The driver saw me I think and seemed to be trying their damndest to get away from me on the M1 and each time they floored it plumes of black smoke came out the rear end,

Quote:
How did you know it was a diesel if it had all those changes? How did the chrome mirrors look? Is it worth getting?

The answer was in the original post Wink Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #3355 Fri Oct 14 2005 4:34pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Obviously a drug dealer or worse a politician. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #3356 Fri Oct 14 2005 4:40pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Yeah thats my car..

How very well dare you!

Post #3364 Fri Oct 14 2005 6:12pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Kidding of course..
Yes the TDV6 blows out LOADSA black crap..
I like it though, makes my point very clear when someone is tailgating me..

This prat in his E36 318IS with his front fogs on at dusk was trying to get up my ar** today on my way home from the office.. had great pleasure in sticking on the anchors and leaving him a 2.5 tonne obstacle in his path.. and then floored it and gave him a nice new black and grey layer of crap over his front windscreen! He kept away from me then..

Post #3365 Fri Oct 14 2005 6:15pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Yeah and No, i don't sport a Supercharged Badge.. would be an insult to the brand and model if i got punnelled by an X5 off the lights and he actually thought i was in an SC!

Post #3366 Fri Oct 14 2005 6:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

kam100 wrote:
Kidding of course..
Yes the TDV6 blows out LOADSA black crap..
I like it though, makes my point very clear when someone is tailgating me..

This prat in his E36 318IS with his front fogs on at dusk was trying to get up my ar** today on my way home from the office.. had great pleasure in sticking on the anchors and leaving him a 2.5 tonne obstacle in his path.. and then floored it and gave him a nice new black and grey layer of crap over his front windscreen! He kept away from me then..

If such a new TDv6 as yours is kicking out enough crud to be noticable I think you need to get it into a service bay pretty darned quick and get it hooked up to some diagnostics ....... I cannot recall ever having seen clouds of black smoke coming out the tail pipes of any modern Land Rover. Maybe that power hike is wrecking your engine kam! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #3368 Fri Oct 14 2005 6:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

Nah mate, i am slightly over exagerating.. They do kick out a bit of black smoke, but nothing more then an X5 3.0d or a Merc Ml CDI or anything, but if you got out of a petrol version and drove our TDV6's you would notice it kicking a bit more out of the back then what you would be used to in your petrol version..

Last edited by kam100 on Fri Mar 17 2006 1:16am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #3369 Fri Oct 14 2005 6:44pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:

The car also had an old style black with silver letters numberplate too, which I thought was an odd choice, unless the driver was going for the all over black look. Something about the plate looked wrong though. Old styles are for old cars, not new ones.

The plate is also TOTALLY ILLEGAL Evil or Very Mad 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Last edited by MDP on Sun Oct 16 2005 3:15pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #3410 Sun Oct 16 2005 2:49pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

MDP wrote:
RRUK wrote:

Also TOTALLY ILLEGAL Twisted Evil

Yes MDP, but so are the weird fonts and logos and things you see on plates, as is driving over 70 mph, but is anybody going to do anything about it? I think not............................ Now sure as eggs is eggs if I did that on my car the cops would be round to the house like a shot! I have been pulled over because the number plate on my Ivor Williams vehicle transporter trailer had a different numeral on it to the one on the back of the car towing the trailer (I have 2 consecutively numbered cherished plates on my Landies).......... I explained to them that in fact the number plate on the trailer was the same as the one on the back of the car doing the towing, it was the rear plate of the Defender on the trailer that that was not quite the same as the number on the back of the trailer or the car! Embarassed 2 very embarrased cops! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #3412 Sun Oct 16 2005 3:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #3442 Sun Oct 16 2005 10:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1