RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > REAR ACE leak - What to look for
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

johnsporttdv8

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Alaska White
REAR ACE leak - What to look for

Hi guys new to forum posting so forgive any tech blunders.

Rear ACE leak spotted a couple of years ago at MOT car now 7 years old. Done 43k miles had from new and never been driven hard or off road. A true Chelsea Tractor my mate tell me! TDV8 MY2010 AB

Had to take it to my Main Dealer as my Indy said body needs to be lifted and he won't take the risk. They tell me that the whole unit is needing to be replaced and I reckon the leak looks like it is coming from the two pipes that enter the main body. If the unit is a sealed part how can it be leaking from another place.

Does anyone have any advice about this as I am wondering if the Main Dealer is just making it a quick profitable job? I don't feel confident that it is actually cracked or whatever they say is the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am in need of making a decision for the fix.

Cheers. SVR On My Wish-List
MY 2010 RR Sport TDV8 Autobiography (current)
MY 2006 RR Sport TDV8 HSE

Post #534968 Mon Sep 11 2017 8:42am
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

When mine was replaced due to leaking it was a partial body lift on the rear to remove rear Anti roll bar with ACE 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #534973 Mon Sep 11 2017 9:08am
DrRob

United Kingdom 

I'm sure I read on here somewhere to try replacing the O rings as a first try..... ?
Worth spending some time searching carefully on here Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #534975 Mon Sep 11 2017 9:33am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

They can leak from the pipe-to-bar connection and this can be fixed. If the leak is from the ram itself then a whole new ARB is required.

The unit is sealed but it is basically a hydraulic cylinder and so can leak if the seal starts to fail.

I would suggest finding an alternative indie for the work. LR dealers will fit LR parts and that means £1400+ for the ARB plus fitting. The same bar can be had OEM for half that price. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #534977 Mon Sep 11 2017 9:55am
johnsporttdv8

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Alaska White

The main dealer has offered me a special price after getting LR to make a contribution due to low mileage and exceptional condition of the car in general.

They are going to replace the ARB complete rear assembly with new and charge me £1000.00. INC Vat. I guess that is pretty good considering the car is 7 years old. today I got prices for OEM parts and they were in the region of £700 without labour.

Think I may have been lucky on this occasion. the job also comes with a 2 years warranty so at least I have peace of mind for a while.

thanks for all you assistance chaps. it can seem quite a lonely place when you are out of your comfort zone and relying on main dealer honesty. I guess they have looked after me on this one.

Cheers All SVR On My Wish-List
MY 2010 RR Sport TDV8 Autobiography (current)
MY 2006 RR Sport TDV8 HSE

Post #535048 Mon Sep 11 2017 9:00pm
TheSaturnV

United States 

Sure sounds like it! Very Happy

I had a 1985 Toyota Supra that was at least 4 years old when the main computer went out and the dealer warrantied it.

Sometimes they have mercy!

Go for it.

Post #535146 Tue Sep 12 2017 10:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1