RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > MOT Fail - Lower Arm Bushes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

adameverett

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
MOT Fail - Lower Arm Bushes

Car Failed today on play on lower arm bushes Big Cry I just cannot believe the arms have failed in just 18 Months since they were replaced, and probably only covering 12k miles in this time. I know they are heavy cars and lower arms are prone to fail but 18Months Confused

It's not as if the car gets used heavy, it only does school runs so to have them fail again is puzzling to say the least. My local indy has recommended I try the Poly route expensive but consumption at this rate is a joke.

Was I unlucky, or is this the norm?

Post #534749 Thu Sep 07 2017 7:40pm
Copilot

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

No idea if this is the norm pal. All I can say is that in nearly four years of ownership, covering 36k, I have had no problem with lower arm bushes (MY10) - I would be peeved at having to replace any part twice in eighteen months though.

Post #534754 Thu Sep 07 2017 7:57pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

If they have not been fitted correctly, they can wear out even quicker than you have experienced...

Post #534755 Thu Sep 07 2017 7:59pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Bad luck on the MOT failure.
If they are genuine LR parts they carry a full 2 year warranty on them, as do all LR parts for the RRS. If so get them returned asap for replacement.
A genuine LR service centre would know this and should have said straight away, unless they didn't fit them properly the first time?

My car has done over 50,000 miles and still on same originals, I don't know what sort of mileage they last for, but normally I carry various heavy loads, much off road use, plus town, country roads and of course Motorways, so not sure how normal this is. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #534757 Thu Sep 07 2017 8:12pm
adameverett

thanks guys, certainly got me questioning previous fitment. I would be happy with 5 years life but this just seems premature failure to me. Mad

Post #534759 Thu Sep 07 2017 8:18pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Isn't somebody selling the poly bush set in the FS section?.

Post #534970 Mon Sep 11 2017 8:51am
adameverett

cheers bud for the thought Thumbs Up , I checked they were rears Sad . Indy has fitted me some poly bush on the front arms, not sure if its just my imagination but ride does feel stiffer, but then again if the rubbers were worn then new rubbers might have same feeling. Some people have said they squeak, I don't want to curse it but no squeaks!.

Picked up car tonight and all good except for a annoying faint grinding/scratching noise from the NS rear wheel when turning right. Indy replaced the rear discs they said they were scored and cleaned up the existing pads (pads were new/replaced a month ago) Bizarre the sound only comes from turning right (like a T junction / island), and not under braking Confused . Going to pop it back for them to take a quick look tomorrow lunch time.

And just to top it off I was desperate for a tyre and went to a local garage by me tonight (spa motors) to get a new tyre, having read about bad fitters I purposely went to the public viewing room. and to my horror the young lad shoved the jack under the air compressor location and got a few pumps of the handle down, and something went bang Evil or Very Mad . Car dropped on the jack about 1 cm. I shouted the shop manger who went running over and relocated the jack further underneath onto the rails. Tested the car in the shop seem to lift up and down but still but really not sure if any damage under the box covers. Tempted to remove the box covers and take a look in the day light.

I took a quick photo just as proof,

Last edited by adameverett on Mon Sep 11 2017 9:49pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #535054 Mon Sep 11 2017 9:38pm
sweetafton

England 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Sorry to say but I bet the damage has been done. Think it takes a couple of days. Big Cry MY11 Autobiography supercharged. Santorini Black. Monaco interior. Rear screens. Privacy.
Gone MY08 Supercharged HST. Java black. Ivory premium interior. Rear screens. Privacy. Missed a lot.
Gone MY04 Discovery V8 Petrol ES Premium. Awesome.

Post #535055 Mon Sep 11 2017 9:49pm
squizzel

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

I fitted poly bushes to the front lower arm's, both bushes (front and rear). They are a bit firmer, but I don't get any squeaking in fact quite pleased with them.

Post #535062 Tue Sep 12 2017 6:15am
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

It's worth taking the compressor cover off (only 3 bolts if it's the same as aD3) and checking the alloy compressor bracket to see if they have broken it. If they have the compressor will vibrate against the chassis.
Some people paint "NOT A JACKING POINT" on the plastic cover, for obvious reasons.

Post #535063 Tue Sep 12 2017 8:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1