RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > What android unit have you fitted?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

M9G UK

United Kingdom 
What android unit have you fitted?

In my last car I fitted an Xtrons android unit with +dab and reversing camera and it was amazing but now I have a 2008 RRS I miss my android, what unit have you fitted and was it a relatively easy install?

Ive seen a few posts in here with android units but they are like 10 year old posts and obviously there is a lot more available on the market now

Many thanks

M9G UK

Post #574460 Sun Feb 03 2019 10:07pm
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

M9G UK, have a look here. I fitted this last year and am still playing around with the final set up. Currently using Head Unit Reloaded to run Android Auto over WiFi and am looking to invest in a inCarTec MOST converter to be able to use the existing FOC amplifier to cut down on the cables running through the Sport.

There's also this build which has interested me, even though it's for the newer 2009+ models, also from last year.

However if you want easy, get a bog standard 7" android head unit with Android 8.1, a decent double din converter for the dash plus all the necessary cables to wire it up (easy but expensive) and job done.

My build was relatively straight forward, but I had a good fabricator to strip back the 8.8" head unit surround and incorporate it into the double din surround I bought. Also, I got lucky and got a surround with the return at the bottom, specific for the RRS. the wiring is relatively simple but the cable sets are not cheap, especially if your have the Logic 7 radio install.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #574919 Sun Feb 10 2019 7:41am
M9G UK

United Kingdom 

Cool thanks will have a good read of it all later, I will probably go down the easy route due to time, work and family. Will a standard double din unit just fit in then? I wasnt sure if the original stereo was a standard double din size and if there would be any issues with cables and canbus

Appreciate the time you have taken to reply Thumbs Up

Post #574923 Sun Feb 10 2019 8:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1