RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Poor quality of Revere and Overfinch alloy wheels cracking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

huffty500

United Kingdom 
Poor quality of Revere and Overfinch alloy wheels cracking

Hi all

I'm relatively new here, but not new to the wheel game. Ive been buying and selling wheels for about 10 years now just as a background. There used to be some really solid makes out there like Alessio and the older Kahns made in Italy etc that were bomb proof

My main concern is, and I'm not scared of naming names because they should be exposed! Sales pitches and brand marketing are one thing, but i've seen so many overfinch and revere wheels cracked or welded that it's not funny anymore. These wheels are definately of a cheaper cast quality now and from what I've seen they are no better than replicas. I had a genuine set of overfinch olypmus the other day I refused to buy because every wheel had multiple welds. I know they were genuine as they were stamped on the back. Same with revere aswell. Saw one wheel with 6 welds this week. I rang both companies and was just fobbed off. I've come accross equally dodgy replicas aswell. I think a set of 3grand wheels you shouldnt need to worry about.

My advise would be is to go with genuine rangerover wheels, or wheels made in Europe. I'm not happy because I sell used wheels and what can I really say to someone whose wheel has cracked two weeks later? It reflects bad on me

Post #534349 Sat Sep 02 2017 1:34pm
Puslinch

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

I had a set of Revere 22" on my RRS when purchased and never got a long with them. One morning I was leaving the house and two flats later, I bought a set of OEM 20" and replaced them. When I pulled the Revere's off they had been welded a few times over the years. The ride on the 22 wasn't bad it was the cracked wheel that put me off, perhaps if it was a better quality alloy it would have ended differently. 2018 Telsa MS
2012 Range Rover Sport HSE+
1990 Porsche 944
1985 LR 90 Soft top V8

Post #534351 Sat Sep 02 2017 1:46pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I would never have a cracked wheel welded,Ive seen too many of these crack again once they've been welded.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White