RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > copied DVD's in the Factory installed DVD player
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

chopperneil

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
copied DVD's in the Factory installed DVD player

Does anyone know what the movies have to be encoded in for them to be recognised in the RR dvd player? I have a few discs that a friend has lent me that I copied for the kids and they refuse to play?

Post #487666 Tue Feb 16 2016 6:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Not totally sure but on my car the are played via Usb Stick and Disc, I think it's Divx or something like that, not sure about a disc so could be completely wrong.

Cheers
Col

Post #487667 Tue Feb 16 2016 6:23pm
chopperneil

Yea no USB on my 09 unfortunately, to early I guess? I have the AUX in so could connect IPAD's etc but prefer to use the DVD if I can

Post #487668 Tue Feb 16 2016 6:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Thread Revival....

@Chopperneil - Did you ever get an answer for this?

I'm currently using the USB to put movies on in the back although it's a pain in the butt...

When plug into the Rear USB port you cant watch the movies in the front.....when alone with the little one I can't change the anything front the front as i need the remote...the remote doesn't have a better indicator so I need to dock it each time...I cant see the menus from the USB stick in the front as it displays on the back screens.

Therefore I'm looking at making copies of the DVD's I have in the house to keep in the front of the car, this way I can manage them front the front screen rather than the back remote.

Any help if you got this working would be appreciated, the manual does say that copied disks may not work.

Secondly does anyone know how the get the audio from the screens in the back playing through the car speakers rather than the headsets? I have put it in Limo mode and selected cabin audio on the rear remote to no avail, but only with USB so I take it this might work when I'm using DVD's from the front.

Post #535162 Wed Sep 13 2017 8:16am
chopperneil

Yes I got it to work, it took me a few attempts to get the format selection correct when burning the DVD's but it is possible. I ended up buying a Nero (dvd burning software if you havent heard of it)licence to be able to do it, not overly expensive.
When burning the disc you have a choice of formats, I tried 2 or 3 before I got one that worked as it should.

Unfortunately I have since got a new laptop and havent got round to burning any since so have no idea what the format was that I chose im afraid!

Cant help you with the sound im afraid, on my 09 it plays front and back automatically, you select DVD from the audio options.

Post #535164 Wed Sep 13 2017 8:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1