RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > gen 2.1 Sat-Nav Update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

b0nh4ch

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red
gen 2.1 Sat-Nav Update

I have found a place where I can get the Gen 2.1 sat nav updates from for about half the price of LR, USB stick and Activation Code, has anyone done this Map update themselves, I have been told it takes about 3hours, How hard is it to do.

Post #533265 Sat Aug 19 2017 8:26pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

It is fairly straight forward to update by plugging into USB socket and in my case it took about 2Hr 20mins from memory to load fully. You can return to download and it will continue. Some people have loaded new while on a long drive, others at home on drive, obviously if you got a LR dealer to load it would cost you. Rolling Eyes That does sound a very good price, as long as it activates ok.
I have only ever purchased genuine direct, so cannot comment on any problems you may incur purchasing non genuine.
It should hopefully be the same time, system etc.

Details above refer to loading onto a MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE with HD Sat Nav. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #533273 Sat Aug 19 2017 9:00pm
NeilRRS

United Kingdom 
Re: gen 2.1 Sat-Nav Update

b0nh4ch wrote:
I have found a place where I can get the Gen 2.1 sat nav updates from for about half the price of LR, USB stick and Activation Code, has anyone done this Map update themselves, I have been told it takes about 3hours, How hard is it to do.

Where from, and how much?

Post #536988 Mon Oct 02 2017 8:34pm
Evo5man

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

I had no problems with the update (a genuine USB stick & activation code). Once you put the USB stick in the USB slot the update starts automatically, just follow the prompts on the screen and enter the activation code. The activation code is specific to the VIN number of your vehicle so the same USB stick cannot be used to update more than one car.

While the system is updating you cannot use the SATNAV and some of the other infotainment features. As John has said, if you turn the car off during the update, when you restart the car the USB stick will continue the update from where it was before being turned off.

I just ran the car locally on normal stop/start journeys for a few days and it completed the update during this time.

I am not aware of any issues that you may face using a non-genuine USB stick and activation code but if you do decide to purchase a non-genuine product some feedback on your experience would be welcome.

Steve Thumbs Up

Post #536999 Mon Oct 02 2017 9:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1