RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Direct Line & InControl Secure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

The only trouble with a cat6 if your car gets stolen,by the time you find out it has gone it's too late it could be stripped down,put in a container & gone,,the system me & Johnski have the time it take on average before you get your car back is 1 hour,if mine goes off the drive before it gets a mile away tracker is on the Fone to me even if they have they keys.I know it works as I set of one day without the tag in my pocket & within 2 minutes tracker were on the Fone to me to alert me car was on the move.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #533188 Fri Aug 18 2017 7:37pm
KennyR

Scotland 

JOCK55 wrote:
I just renewed my insurance with Direct Line for the third year and still NO REQUIREMENT to have a tracker fitted. I asked when renewing if it was required and the girls said. "You have one fitted as standard, don't you". I told her I did but that the standard fit was Cat 6 and she said that would be fine for the geographical area where I keep the car. So KENNY R, the replies that tell you that it IS needed are not strictly true. It would appear that it depends on where you live.

Regards,

Old Jock

Hi Jock, I've uploaded the in remote secure certificate to my acct with direct line so we'll see what they say, what got me was no mention from them re tracker when I informed them of change of car..only noticed the cover letter when they reissued policy after my private plate went on 3 weeks later, when I phoned them they said if car had been stolen in last 3 weeks.. too bad, but I'm still covered for accident damage!

Kenny ____________________
Current: MY2019 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Carpathian Grey
Gone: MY2015 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography in Corris Grey with ebony and lunar leather
Gone: MY2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition in Orkney Grey, piano trim, black leather with contrast stitch

Post #533190 Fri Aug 18 2017 7:41pm
Sp13l

England 

Hi Kennyr

How did you get on? I have insurance on my 640 with direct line and they have provided a quote of £59 to change to rrs until my existing policy runs out in Feb. All they said was i needed a tracker. I said the car has a landrover tracker as standard calked incontrol secure. This didn't seem to registsr with the guy on fhe phone. He just said to send the confirmation at the time of picking up the car.
Seems some have had direct line acxept and some haven't so cofused😩
I will try to ring them again and bope i get someone with a clue!
If anyone has direct experience recently it would be appreciated.

Post #534624 Tue Sep 05 2017 6:23pm
KennyR

Scotland 

Hi, I got a letter back saying they didn't recognise the insecure certificate, so I went with Hastings Direct, same price and no Tracker required! ____________________
Gone: MY2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition in Orkney Grey, piano trim, black leather with contrast stitch

Post #534626 Tue Sep 05 2017 6:53pm
Sp13l

England 

Ok. Tbanks Kenny. Looks kike i am hitting the phone again. Painful getting insurance quotes isnt it!

Post #534627 Tue Sep 05 2017 6:55pm
KennyR

Scotland 

It is... good luck! ____________________

Post #534629 Tue Sep 05 2017 8:17pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

please delete. Post was no longer relevant. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #534688 Wed Sep 06 2017 5:20pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Things must have changed at direct line, I'm with them just now on my 66plate Hse dynamic, we are moving into a new AB so as it's over £75k I thought I would have to cancel with them & go to APlan £1050, NFU £700 or LR £1250, however direct line now do offer insurance for cars over £75k, only an extra £100 to put our new car on with them, still got 10 months to run aswell so all seems good, also happy with the incontrol secure cat6 tracker for me anyway as long as it's set up & working.

Post #537813 Sun Oct 08 2017 8:19pm
Johnski

The LR Insecure tracker system on recent cars isn't being recognised by the majority of insurers unfortunately.
Most now want CAT5 for new RRS cars, and the LR security has now been registered as CAT6 and some at CAT7 by some I won't mention, Big Cry John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #537819 Sun Oct 08 2017 10:09pm
Johnski

m13lky wrote:
Things must have changed at direct line, I'm with them just now on my 66plate Hse dynamic, we are moving into a new AB so as it's over £75k I thought I would have to cancel with them & go to APlan £1050, NFU £700 or LR £1250, however direct line now do offer insurance for cars over £75k, only an extra £100 to put our new car on with them, still got 10 months to run aswell so all seems good, also happy with the incontrol secure cat6 tracker for me anyway as long as it's set up & working.

I left Direct Line on renewal, due to them wanting CAT5 tracker, (had accepted the change of car for last month of policy with no mention of tracker) which incidentally I now have, so we dropped Direct Line, more so when you see quality of their repairs in their own workshops, there is several posts on a separate thread some time back about this. John

Post #537820 Sun Oct 08 2017 10:13pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

John ski yes I know about their repair standards, the new car is coming from taggarts, they have a free recovery assist type service no matter where or when any accident happens, car is taken to LR approved body shop & courtesy car given foc, your insurer cannot stop you getting repairs done at a place of your choice but do not normally give you a courtesy car when you choose to do this. Also as my current car & new one are on pcp & under 3 years old they have to be repaired by an LR approved body shop to keep the warranties right.

I have not fully decided if I will defo stay with them or move to nfu, once I know when the new car is coming I will make the choice.

Cheers

Malc

Post #537827 Mon Oct 09 2017 6:04am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Ive just informed my insurance that I now have the SC,,ive got a trader policy which is through Aviva & I don't need a tracker,,although the car har a cat6 Tracker locate,,similar system to our cat 5 Johnski but it doesn't have the tags so I got it activated last week & I'm just waitng for them to activate the app.I had 12 months subscription left on my cat 5 but it would have cost me £699 to have new system fitted & only 12 months subs so I got this one already fitted by previous owner for activated & only cost £339 for 2 years subs.Im trying to find a Autowatch Ghost company in my area to have that fitted also so if they do get keys they cannot start it.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White