RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Missing Turbo Actuator on MY2010 RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Dawen35

Wales 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Missing Turbo Actuator on MY2010 RRS

Hello all, I know this has no doubt been covered sooo many times but however many times I read the forums or watch the YouTube videos I cannot seem to find my actuator rod on the side of my turbo.

I have recently had the car go into limp mode and when the fault was scanned it lead me to the MAP sensor, I cleaned it and subsequently replaced it (Note to self, don't poke anything down the sensor as they break) but I am still having issues which I believe could be down to the turbo actuator. When I drive the car normal it appears to run ok although if I put my foot down to drive it like I have stole it then I get a good plume of black smoke and the car accelerates hard up to about 4k revs then jump into restricted performance.

I have looked from the top of the engine and through the wheel arch but cannot see the actuator rod and wondered if RR have sold me a car without the actuator on or if they can be located anywhere else.

Any help to assist my sanity would be greatly appreciated.

Dai

Post #533055 Thu Aug 17 2017 1:34pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Lol

It will be there it's just In deep.

When you turn the ignition off it should move but as your sounds completely stuck, not much help

Post #533075 Thu Aug 17 2017 5:48pm
Dawen35

Thanks for the reply Andy, I took it out for a quick spin before with the thought if I use it it may free itself and it started behaving for about 5 minutes until it went bang. I am hoping by the noise it started to make that it has blown a turbo pipe, needless to say it is now in the hands of a local garage as it didn't have the power to get back up the hill to the house.
Fingers crossed I don't get too big a bill as I am saving for the cambelts to be done next month!!

Post #533077 Thu Aug 17 2017 6:18pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Sounds like it could be a split inlet manifold...

Post #533080 Thu Aug 17 2017 6:39pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I hope to god you didn't take it to LR Conwy Llandudno Junction, they over charge and had very poor service from them. Big Cry Censored John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #533090 Thu Aug 17 2017 7:59pm
Dawen35

No Johnski, I only take it there for a service and my stamp as like you say they are too expensive for me. I had a problem last year with my transfer box and they wanted £3k just to take it out!!!!!
The garage suspect it is the pipe from the intercooler as it is the most commen one to blow. They also suspect I may have a sticky EGR valve so they will check that out whilst they have it. I'm hoping the bill will be sensible as I have asked them to quote for my cambelt change which is due soon.

Post #533094 Thu Aug 17 2017 8:08pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
I only take it there for a service and my stamp

Why? A 2010 is 7 years old - why worry about an overpriced stamp in the book? Get an equally valid stamp from a much cheaper, and likely better, indie.

Do you think the stamp will improve the resale value? If so, will it offset the increased cost of the getting the stamp over the cost from an indie? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #533099 Thu Aug 17 2017 8:47pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Do you think the stamp will improve the resale value? If so, will it offset the increased cost of the getting the stamp over the cost from an indie?

That's a valid point that I'd never considered before. I think I'll keep my LR stamp for the duration of Approved warranty then go for an independent. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #533102 Thu Aug 17 2017 8:54pm
Dawen35

I never thought of it that way - I just thought since I bought it with fsh and will be looking to swap it next year I should keep up with the service even though I won't let them do anything that isn't covered by basic service. If the car needs extras like pads or discs they are done at home, I just keep receipts for everything I buy. It's the way I was brought up, all my cars have a folder of history

Post #533105 Thu Aug 17 2017 8:59pm
Dawen35

Update - news from the garage, the DPC filter is blocked solid. Not sure if I have done the right thing but opted for removal of the filter and a remap. Car back early next week

Post #533164 Fri Aug 18 2017 12:58pm
Dawen35

Latest update, I'm fed up now. Been to the garage today to be told that although the DPF has been removed and remapped there is still a fault on the drivers side air flow boost. They suspect the turbo actuator but are quoting silly money to investigate it further. Needless to say the car is now back home whilst I try and work out what to do. I am not sure if the turbo is working and when I have looked at it I still can't see any actuator rod like in the videos. I have attached a pic of the type of turbo I have and am looking for ideas as to how I can test/fix this without it breaking the bank.

Any help is very much appreciated

Post #533815 Fri Aug 25 2017 5:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1