Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Engine failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345

drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Nowaytk wrote:
Update,
the warranty company were supposed to give an answer last Thursday, as apparently once they have all the relevant info they have 24hrs to give an answer, but Thursday went by and no answer, which certainly raised the stress levels a bit, then obviously the bank hol weekend followed so was expecting decision today, didn’t hear anything, what with hearing a lot of people on hear saying it definitely wouldn’t be covered on the extended warranty, I was fearing the worst, then hoping LR would then step in with the all important good will payment.
Well I can now say, the warranty company, in my case, will 100% cover it Very Happy as you can imagine feeling a lot better now, I might even get some sleep tonight, just a shame it has taken sooo long for them to decide,

Post #553089 Tue Apr 03 2018 7:44pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Nowaytk wrote:
Update,
the warranty company were supposed to give an answer last Thursday, as apparently once they have all the relevant info they have 24hrs to give an answer, but Thursday went by and no answer, which certainly raised the stress levels a bit, then obviously the bank hol weekend followed so was expecting decision today, didn’t hear anything, what with hearing a lot of people on hear saying it definitely wouldn’t be covered on the extended warranty, I was fearing the worst, then hoping LR would then step in with the all important good will payment.
Well I can now say, the warranty company, in my case, will 100% cover it Very Happy as you can imagine feeling a lot better now, I might even get some sleep tonight, just a shame it has taken sooo long for them to decide,

This sort of situation simply should not happen with a car this young, expensive and covered by a warranty!!

Post #553090 Tue Apr 03 2018 7:47pm
wilf

@Nowaytk - really glad you got this result, it is as it should be, shame you had to wait so long. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #553253 Thu Apr 05 2018 3:23pm
Nowaytk

England 

Thanks everyone,
I think it took a long time as they have to go through set procedures with photos etc and I’m assuming checking for things like maps etc, or anything that shouldn’t be, basically anything that would mean they could wipe their hands clean of it.
Anyway, got the handover or the velar to look forward to now which I’m hoping will be next Wednesday which should be a few more years of trouble free motoring Rolling with laughter 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #553256 Thu Apr 05 2018 3:51pm
Nowaytk

England 

The sport love affair is now officially over, picked up the velar today Very Happy , I know some people must think I’m mad going for another SDV6 engined LR, but I’ll only be keeping this one for just under the 3 years so hopefully no worries re snapping cranks, and hopefully the EV options might be a bit more varied as would like to go down that route eventually. Although this forum has been a great source of information and interesting/funny stories which is a plus, the downside for me was it also added a great amount of unnecessary stress due to the fact that I wouldn’t of known about others issues re the crank with some saying that the extended warranty wouldn’t cover it, which thankfully for me, turned out to be not the case.
Chances are I’ll still be lurking in the background like many others, just to see how people are getting on etc and if it’s allowed to maybe post my experiences with the velar Thumbs Up

2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #553833 Wed Apr 11 2018 10:01pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

My RRS had it's first service yesterday so I took the opportunity to ask the service manager about crankshaft issues and warranty. Yes they have had cars with the problem and all had been covered by LR whether in or out of the initial warranty. He did admit they have to push LR if the car is out of its initial warranty but they have always been successful.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #553843 Thu Apr 12 2018 12:33am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Looks like Ford is doing something about this problem even if LR aren't Whistle

dgardel wrote:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-for...tails-news

To ensure that the engine has the grit to stand up to the abuse of domestic-pickup-truck owners, Ford began the overhaul at the bottom by fitting the 3.0-liter V-6 with a forged crankshaft, like the one found in the 2.7-liter EcoBoost gasoline engine, complemented by purpose-designed main and rod bearings. A variable-geometry turbocharger takes care of boost, and common-rail direct injection running up to 29,000 psi handles the fuel supply, while dual fuel filters keep the supply clean. Aluminum cylinder heads sit atop a compacted-graphite iron block, and a two-stage oil pump keeps the 6.5-quart oil supply circulating with an eye toward efficiency by reducing parasitic loss.
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #554575 Thu Apr 19 2018 10:48am
timhum

United Kingdom 

Given that Ford build the V6 diesel engines for LR I guess these upgrades will be incorporated in the LR motors.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #554580 Thu Apr 19 2018 11:20am

United Kingdom 

If there is going to be a 6 cylinder Ingenium engine any time soon I doubt LR will bother with the V6 upgrade, just try and bluff it out until all V6 vehicles are out of the 3 year warrantee. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #554584 Thu Apr 19 2018 11:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GregP

Australia 

According to the article " It will be produced in Ford’s Dagenham Engine Plant in the U.K. alongside the Land Rover engine. " Presumably that means that LR wont actually be getting it, just looking at it longingly from a distance. MY15.5 SDV6 HSE Dynamic without the H . Yulong White

Post #554632 Fri Apr 20 2018 12:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345