RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Engine failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

ozzievechi

England 

not sticking up for them in anyway.....they cost e more as I had to go for a SDV8.... but what they are prob thinking is to recall all potentially affected cars (are we sure its just MY13-16?!?) and replace cranks (how much does that cost) would cost an arm and a leg....replacing the engine post failure on 5-10% prob works ok with their numbers...

its not right but they are a big corp...so that's their thinking.

Post #552607 Thu Mar 29 2018 1:53pm
wilf

The burning question here is whether or not the Extended warranty is covering these engine failures.

We have one instance of "Not", waiting to hear on this one.

When Porsche had 911s dropping liners they simply replaced without any quibbles whatsoever. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #552611 Thu Mar 29 2018 2:23pm
ozzievechi

England 

i asked 3 dealers when looking for mine...they said extended wont cover it, you have to ask land rover and they will goodwill in full....wouldn't like to try it though

Post #552612 Thu Mar 29 2018 2:25pm
Nowaytk

England 

Just a bit of an update,
So far the warranty company has got my dealer to strip down various parts, sending photos etc and ending up with the crank, and have agreed it needs a new engine Rolling Eyes they’ve been told to send all costings to them, so all I’m waiting for is the big decision which I’m told should be today, which is quickly running out Rolling Eyes all this stress is not doing me any good at all.
Ozzievechi can you tell me which dealers told you it wasn’t covered, PM me if you want 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #552622 Thu Mar 29 2018 4:15pm
ozzievechi

England 

inchcape (formerly Hunters) in Guildford
Grange in south woodford
Rokar in London Stratford

said manufacturers warranty would cover it, out ofd that extended wouldn't but LR would good will it

Post #552623 Thu Mar 29 2018 4:17pm
Nowaytk

England 

Thanks for that, Thumbs Up , let’s hope this nightmare will end very soon 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone

Post #552625 Thu Mar 29 2018 4:26pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Fingers crossed!!! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #552633 Thu Mar 29 2018 5:39pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

What i don’t understand is the claim limit on my paperwork for extended warranty says upto the value that was originally paid for the car from the dealer with the figure stated. So surely that claim limit more than covers a new engine and labour?? 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #552634 Thu Mar 29 2018 6:14pm
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Buckster if it is a Land Rover extended warranty it won’t cover it at all...!

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic49343.html

Post #552639 Thu Mar 29 2018 8:25pm
thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Makes me think why do we pay the extra from dealers to have this extended warranty as its worth nothing anymore!!!! Landrover just seem to screw us over all the time nowadays Evil or Very Mad

I had found after a week of having mine a 14 plate back in last August when i got her it had a crack appear in the drivers headlight only visable once the bonnet was open. As im always Polishing under the bonnet i noticed it !!

My rubbish dealer Hunters Norwich said well its not visable when the bonnet is closed so its not a issue !!!! Grrrr !!!

I got them to look at it eventually and they said it was caused by bonnet alignment being out so its not covered by warranty !!!

They just sold it to me so how was that my fault !!! They should of checked this in there checks !!! Eventually went to customer care who were useless too after about 3 months the dealer Norwich and customer care decided they would put another light in her from another vehicle and put my cracked light back in the other vehicle !!! Poor person who buys that one !!

Anyway just want to say landrovers service is poor certainly gone down hill in the last 10years !!
People like Kia have such great customer care makes me think why we bother sometimes.

But i love my sport Hse dynamic its just the service from dealers and customer care which lets the experience down.

I now go to Landrover Marshalls Of Halsworth and they are very professional and a decent dealer thankfully. Its about a extra 20 miles each way but prefer top service then the cowboy outfit which Landrover Hunters Norwich offers !!!!

Post #552746 Fri Mar 30 2018 11:09pm
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Warranty - so what
Why would you buy a car that is a ticking time bomb - even if you have a warranty, think of all the agro.

Just buy the TDV8 or the 5l SCV8 petrol.

If you buy a Range Rover with economy in mind you have bought the wrong car.

Post #552789 Sat Mar 31 2018 11:15am
Nowaytk

England 

Update,
the warranty company were supposed to give an answer last Thursday, as apparently once they have all the relevant info they have 24hrs to give an answer, but Thursday went by and no answer, which certainly raised the stress levels a bit, then obviously the bank hol weekend followed so was expecting decision today, didn’t hear anything, what with hearing a lot of people on hear saying it definitely wouldn’t be covered on the extended warranty, I was fearing the worst, then hoping LR would then step in with the all important good will payment.
Well I can now say, the warranty company, in my case, will 100% cover it Very Happy as you can imagine feeling a lot better now, I might even get some sleep tonight, just a shame it has taken sooo long for them to decide, 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone

Post #553076 Tue Apr 03 2018 6:07pm
Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

great news although you really have gone through the mire to get to this point. Sleep well Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #553077 Tue Apr 03 2018 6:13pm
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Nowaytk wrote:
Update,
the warranty company..... ,

Glad they're covering it. Which warranty company? Merc C220 estate Sport AMG
Merc C220 estate Sport AMG 125 year edition
Alfa GT
Rover 76 V6

Post #553079 Tue Apr 03 2018 6:17pm
Nowaytk

England 

I have the LR extended warranty but I believe it is a third party company? 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone

Post #553086 Tue Apr 03 2018 6:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>