RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY 16 / 16.5 / 17 differences and brochures
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

syl

United Kingdom 
MY 16 / 16.5 / 17 differences and brochures

I recently test drove all the different RR family vehicles back to back and I'm hooked on the RRS, only questions really are when I'm going to buy one (this year or next) and if I'm going to get new or nearly new.

It's probably going to be a 3.0D Autobiography from the past year or two. After a bit of Googling, I've managed to get .PDF brochures from each of 2013/14/15/16. I presume this is MY14 MY15 MY16 and MY17.

I seem to recall people talking about a MY16.5 - were there two brochures printed in 2015 or 2016 and how would I tell the difference between the two, preferably on the approved use search either by spec or by something visible in the photo?

Importantly, when did the iPhone app allow for remote engine start and heating? That's one function I definitely want.

Post #532367 Tue Aug 08 2017 11:50pm
GregP

Australia 

I have spec sheets for Australia for MY15, 15.5, 16, 16.5, 17 and they are all slightly different.
Park Heating with Remote Control (assuming this is what you mean) is listed as an option across all models, i.e not standard equipment on any model, since MY15; in MY17 its name changes to Remote Park Heat with Timed Climate. Probably not standard here due to higher temps generally, just guessing.

Post #532373 Wed Aug 09 2017 2:21am
syl

United Kingdom 

I'm talking about the in control remote feature where you can start the car from the app and thus heat or cool it. My wife's Evoque has it.

I think it might have come in with MY16.5 - so what I need to know, I guess, is how to tell a MY16.5 car apart from MY16. I think MY17 got the bigger (wider) LCD so that's easy to tell from a distance.

Post #532387 Wed Aug 09 2017 9:18am
kmpowell

Remote start requires Park Heater, which is an option on the 3.0 at all grades..

My understanding is that didn't change on 16.5. The only difference with 16.5 over 16 was a slightly updated ICTP and some engine tweaks across the range. MY 17 then brought in new 2.0 engine, Low Friction Launch and the completely new ICTP. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532398 Wed Aug 09 2017 11:14am
forest172

United Kingdom 

is it only autobiography sport that gets incontrol app as standard. I have a my16.5 dynamic and don`t appear to have it

Post #532406 Wed Aug 09 2017 12:14pm
syl

United Kingdom 

It's not incontrol apps (they're crap) it's incontrol remote premium (which is an iPhone/android app - search the app store for it). My understanding is that initially it had all the functionality EXCEPT starting the car, but that functionality started working at some point, possibly MY16.5. It also tells you where the car is, can lock/unlock it, tells if service is due, screenwash is low, petrol is low, etc.

My wife's Evoque has it, and that certainly doesn't have the park heater! The app starts the car engine, and that heats (or cools) the car for up to 30 minutes, then it turns off if you haven't got in it by then. The screen heaters come on too I think, if the temperature is low. Works great in winter - you can start the car from the kitchen whilst having a cup of tea. Also works well in summer when coming back to your car after it's been left in the sun (hahahaha) all day in a car park.

Post #532424 Wed Aug 09 2017 3:43pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

What he said above is 100% correct for the Evoque.

I think the RRS got this from MY17.

Post #532425 Wed Aug 09 2017 3:57pm
crocs

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

syl wrote:
It's not incontrol apps (they're crap) it's incontrol remote premium (which is an iPhone/android app - search the app store for it). My understanding is that initially it had all the functionality EXCEPT starting the car, but that functionality started working at some point, possibly MY16.5. It also tells you where the car is, can lock/unlock it, tells if service is due, screenwash is low, petrol is low, etc.

My wife's Evoque has it, and that certainly doesn't have the park heater! The app starts the car engine, and that heats (or cools) the car for up to 30 minutes, then it turns off if you haven't got in it by then. The screen heaters come on too I think, if the temperature is low. Works great in winter - you can start the car from the kitchen whilst having a cup of tea. Also works well in summer when coming back to your car after it's been left in the sun (hahahaha) all day in a car park.

Started with MY17 and works great. Left in the sun? You must be flying back to Glasgow Cool

Post #532449 Wed Aug 09 2017 7:55pm
kmpowell

syl wrote:

The Incontrol Remote App works on my MY16 AB, but the remote start screen isn't there. For the RRS that functionality only came in on MY17, but only if the Park heater was/is fitted. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532502 Thu Aug 10 2017 1:04pm
crocs

To avoid confusion, the MY17 has an App that switches on the engine remotely so that the car's temperature can be raised/lowered to the requested level. If not entered within 30 minutes, the engine switches off or can also be switched off remotely via the App.

No Park Heater is necessary.

Robert

Post #532503 Thu Aug 10 2017 1:15pm
RallyXS

United Kingdom 

I'm in the same position as the OP, looking for an AB approx 12 months old.

How can I tell if the car is a MY17?

Thanks, Scott. 2012 RRS SDV6
2014 BMW 320d X-Drive Touring
1999 VW Polo stage rally car

Post #532531 Thu Aug 10 2017 10:16pm
syl

United Kingdom 

I know that one - it will have a wide sat nav screen with no buttons down either side.

Post #532534 Thu Aug 10 2017 10:46pm
RallyXS

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up 2012 RRS SDV6
2014 BMW 320d X-Drive Touring
1999 VW Polo stage rally car

Post #532535 Thu Aug 10 2017 10:47pm
kmpowell

RallyXS wrote:
How can I tell if the car is a MY17?

It'll be the one sat in the dealer workshop, broken, awaiting the promised software update from JLR that has been delayed 4 times and still not known when it'll be released... SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532551 Fri Aug 11 2017 9:41am
crocs

Que?

Post #532603 Fri Aug 11 2017 9:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1