RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > CRANK POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL ISSUE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sheridan32

United Kingdom 
CRANK POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL ISSUE

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm no car expect as you will tell from this post..! I have placed a deposit on a RRS 2012, Autobiography in black. I have test driven a few Sports, but the 2012 model seemed to me to be the best drive. It was a very noticeable difference from 2010/11 models I tried. I put it down to the newer engine/gear stick. This one has 100k on the clock and is the most expensive car I have bought. Im buying from a fore court dealer. I'm a little concerned as there is no 'book history', only printouts that dont tell me much. I have been advised the cam belt has been changed but haven't seen any receipts. I have contacted RR and am waiting for them to come back to me to verify history. I have just performed a full vehicle HPI check and the following flashed up; This car is recorded as: Recall Outstanding.With status: CRANK POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL ISSUE.Last update: 07/08/2017.For further information we recommend you contact the manufacturer. - does anyone know what this might mean? in addition, im a bit confused as to why there was a MOT on the 28th October 2016( pass with this advisory - Offside Rear Upper Suspension arm has slight play in a pin/bush ) and then a further MOT march 2017 when two advisories were notified - Front Brake pad(s) less than 1.5 mm thick and rear (3.5.1g), Nearside Front Gas suspension unit leaking and off side front (2.4.D.2) - test passed two weeks later. Why would you need to re MOT a car within 5 months? any thoughts/views suspicions on that or any of the advisories really appreciated...

Post #532349 Tue Aug 08 2017 8:42pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Don't worry about the crank sensor recall.

Just get it booked in to a landrover dealer after purchase.

I guess you would re MOT it within 5 months, if you wanted to sell it with a 12 month MOT. So be warned it may have been sold on a lot ?

or maybe the first MOT wasn't trusted and owner wanted a re-evaluation by someone else

Post #532355 Tue Aug 08 2017 8:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1