Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > TOPIx spec ? PTC heater, cooler box, tracker
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

riverblanche

United Kingdom 
TOPIx spec ? PTC heater, cooler box, tracker

Hi,
I have been working through a TOPIx report (MY16 car) and trying to confirm if these items are Standard or Options are exactly what they are Question

PTC heater is listed, I have tried the "search" function and only results I have found is Tim mentioning this on the Evoque as the ceramic heater, really quick to give heat when car started, I think Muddy had it listed for his car as well?

Front Cooler Box is listed, is this the fridge in the centre console (have one in our 2010 HSE Lux) ?

Stolen Vehicle Tracker, is this the standard alarm system or was it an option (more money to pay out, subscription Laughing )

Anyone know, another visit to the dealers next week so will ask them as well.
Thanks

Thumbs Up

Post #532266 Mon Aug 07 2017 10:51pm
kmpowell

PTC heater - if it means park heater then it's an option.
Front cooler box = Armrest fridge - standard on the AB.
Cat 6 Tracker - standard on the AB, 3yr subscription will be active from date of registration SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532269 Mon Aug 07 2017 11:21pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Thanks KM Thumbs Up

I went on L/R "build your car" last night and could see the Cool Box as an option, but not the other 2

I don't think the PTC heater is the park heater though as No FBH or timed climate is listed on the TOPx sheet and sadly it is not an AB Thumbs Up

Post #532309 Tue Aug 08 2017 4:26pm
kmpowell

Just logged into TOPIx to see what listed on mine...

"PTC HEATER" is listed as fitted, and it also says "LESS PARK HEATING", so PTC is defo not the Park heating. I'd guess PTC is just the standard heater. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532311 Tue Aug 08 2017 4:35pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Try searching for "jaguar PTC heater", that comes up with a few hits. Looks like an electrical (not fuel burning) auxiliary heater for diesel engine cars.

Post #532320 Tue Aug 08 2017 6:36pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
well think I understand them all now Confused

PTC heater is a ceramic heater and is standard believe it heats the water in the engine Before the thermostat opens to speed up the engine getting up to temp, no doubt there will be specific parameters for it to work in.

What was called the Fridge in our car is now the Cool Box and is an option.

and the stolen vehicle tracker is fitted as standard to work with InControl remote and secure, if the car has the two covered switches one each side of the interior mirror then it has the SOS & Assistance call buttons and the Tracker, dealer said there will be a subscription after year 3 but could not remember how much it was except for "It is not a lot of money" Rolling Eyes

Thumbs Up

Post #532772 Sun Aug 13 2017 10:09pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

'Fridge' would be a misnomer, even 'Cool Box' is pushing it, as they're not very cold. They might keep pre-cooled bottles cool, but mine seems incapable of cooling liquids from ambient temperature. By contrast, my Merc, has a proper fridge in terms of what you'd expect a fridge to do.

Post #532775 Sun Aug 13 2017 11:06pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Perhaps your thermostat has failed? as my fridge keeps everything cold, not as cold as home Fridge, but between 5c-6c minimum temperature. It takes a couple of hours of running to cool new items installed down to this, and ensure cover is on, for some reason without this the temperature rise a couple of degrees.
I have not seen any official temperature setting for this "Fridge" but it is described as a cooler in most literature, so was design changed after MY2012, and does current models have a different unit fitted?
LR also sell a cooler box for the load space area of car which plugs into the power socket in the load space area. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #532930 Tue Aug 15 2017 7:54pm
Canary

England 

We travel from Scotland to beds regularly and the cool box does exactly what's asked of it, it's most definitely a cool box rather than a fridge. MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #532961 Wed Aug 16 2017 8:41am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Johnski wrote:
Perhaps your thermostat has failed? as my fridge keeps everything cold, not as cold as home Fridge, but between 5c-6c minimum temperature. It takes a couple of hours of running to cool new items installed down to this, and ensure cover is on, for some reason without this the temperature rise a couple of degrees.
I have not seen any official temperature setting for this "Fridge" but it is described as a cooler in most literature, so was design changed after MY2012, and does current models have a different unit fitted?
LR also sell a cooler box for the load space area of car which plugs into the power socket in the load space area.

Two hours running to cool something down seems a lot! By then, the average journey would be over. As I said, I keep spare water bottles in a real fridge and then put them in the cooler on departure. The bottom of the cooler does get really cold to the touch, but it's way off being a fridge. It's possible they've down-rated them in recent models to protect batteries(?), although they don't work when the ignition is off anyway. (I always keep the cover on, by the way).

Post #533137 Fri Aug 18 2017 9:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1