RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SVR Returned to JLR after less than a month
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Did you buy the car from a Lookers Group dealership? If so that that will be why they are using Taggarts as it is a JLR franchise bought out by Lookers Group about 3 years ago. Do a search in the forum search function for Taggarts - there are some alarming posts about their bodyshop. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #531402 Thu Jul 27 2017 6:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nod1

United Kingdom 

Good Morning Tim

This is all Bizarre !!
I bought the car from Rocker Landrover London and they are no part of the Looker Group as I did some checking on them originally.
Oh now I am getting worried... Are Taggarts a shower ??? RRS SVR 2018
RRS SVR 2017 (Rejected within 1 month due to damage)
FFRR AB 5Ltr Santorini Black
Mini Cooper Convertible (For Fun )

Previous
FFRR S/C AB Santorini Black
FFRR 4.2 Vogue Santorini Black
Ferarri 360 Modena

Post #531403 Thu Jul 27 2017 6:37am
james5599

United Kingdom 

Having an SVR on imminent arrival (supposedly) if it wasn't exactly as It should be at any price point tbh but certainly at 100k plus, i d be backing the car and either getting a replacement or refund.

By all means hear out what the dealer MD has to say etc but at this point when you're getting no clear answers as to why your car is in the state it is and they are trying to railroad you into a bodged repair I d be fighting fire with fire.

Simply remember this , JLR are clearing looking out for themselves, you're left to look after yourself, so do exactly that.

Post #531406 Thu Jul 27 2017 7:31am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Nod so sorry to hear about this. Your SVR is stunning with the special paint which just seems to add to the anger imo.
I agree with James this car needs to be rejected straight away , damage and overspray on any new vehicle is unacceptable yet alone one that costs over £100k.
These reject cars are getting more common all the time seems every one is having problems what the Censored is going on JLR? Censored
I wish you all the best and hope its sorted all in your favour Nod. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #531409 Thu Jul 27 2017 8:10am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

My £20k Abarth has perfect paint FFS and so did the previous one WTF. Censored SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #531410 Thu Jul 27 2017 8:16am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Both my Range Rover products have had perfect paint - it must be the luck of the draw and/or SVO-related. (As often pointed out on here, you generally only get to hear about bad cars, and this is a very well used forum).

Post #531411 Thu Jul 27 2017 8:29am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Nod1 wrote:
Oh now I am getting worried... Are Taggarts a shower ???

Not a 'shower' but I took one of my previous cars there for a service and warranty work once and never went back as it was dirtier when it was returned than when it went in and smelled like it had been used as the runner to collect the workshop lunches from the local Macdonald's ......... they didn't even clean the oily bootprints off the red carpets... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #531416 Thu Jul 27 2017 8:54am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I would also bring this up on the LR Representative thread and see if you get a better response or help there.
Personally I must say I would have rejected the car as unacceptable and asked for a full refund, and if still wanting one purchase elsewhere. With a Solicitor involved be careful and chase them to sort it out as to what you want, but other than a new body shell and complete respray I don't suppose you will ever be happy with this car.
As to why it's happened, there may never be a way to find out. It might not have happened at LR being built, or if damaged, who tried to hide it by bodge repair. Delivery driver, dealer there is so many avenues, and who ever did it is lying and didn't report it by the sound of things.
Just get your money back or a brand new vehicle as per your specification. All the best. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #531441 Thu Jul 27 2017 11:24am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Car was factory collected though john. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #531445 Thu Jul 27 2017 12:04pm
Autobiography

Just reject...it's a simple process these days. You also don't need a lawyer.

Post #531449 Thu Jul 27 2017 12:46pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

TDV8HST wrote:
Car was factory collected though john.

Sorry, must have forgot or misread earlier when reading. Embarassed
More reason to bring it up on representative thread on here too.
It seems even more to just reject the car and get full refund or a brand new car no arguments your spec at no increase in price.
Trading standards would love this case. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #531451 Thu Jul 27 2017 1:00pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Nod how are you getting on? Understand if you can't say much. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #531499 Fri Jul 28 2017 8:21am
denny111

United Kingdom 
Damange new car

Hi
purcased a new RRS from Harwoods of Edenbrige in January after having ordered it in August 2016
After a night time drive l noticed it did not have high beam assist which was on my spec
No problem Harwoods reordered me another car which l received in June no problems their
A week after taking delivery l decided to leather the car down before putting it into my garage as we had just had a brief shower
Thats when l noticed a chip in the driver door had been touched in but not filled also the front corner of the front offside bumper had a couple of chips that had been touched in but not filled
Also the bumper was out of alignment slightly with the front wing.
I contacted my Solicitor who sent me a templete letter of rejection which I sent to Harwoods stating that l did not want a repair but a full refund which l received without any argument.
They nevered offered a explanation as how it had occurred nor has JLR been in touch.
I am now waiting for details of the 2018 model before l reorder via a different dealership
In all l feel its pretty shoddy all round on a 74K car
Disillusioned by far

Post #531507 Fri Jul 28 2017 9:19am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Wow two rejected cars denny, Nod has a very strong case in comparison then? SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #531513 Fri Jul 28 2017 10:58am
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red
Re: Damange new car

denny111 wrote:

I am now waiting for details of the 2018 model before l reorder via a different dealership
In all l feel its pretty shoddy all round on a 74K car
Disillusioned by far

Obviously not disillusioned enough to turn your back on LR altogether. What makes you think another dealer will be any better?

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #531517 Fri Jul 28 2017 12:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>