RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Potential RRS Autobiography SDV6 purchase
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Peter Vardy are only keen on price because they have so many redundant oil workers returning cars they can no longer afford to run/ finance and who will accept very low valuations to get shot of the car. I have heard that Audi Aberdeen have so many almost new low miles cars acquired this way that they are no longer taking part exchanges at all as they have too much stock.
It must be heartbreaking to have to accept rock bottom buy back values and then see your pride and joy on the approved used listings with a mega mark up on the price they paid you, but it is all supply and demand........ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #531420 Thu Jul 27 2017 10:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kmpowell

m13lky wrote:
I know as others have said they need to take so many of these management cars but I would not believe a word any dealer says about margin in a second hand RRS, my reasoning is they tell you they buy in at Cap clean & only have a small margin in the car which is lies from my experience, I was offered £56k for my Hse dynamic fully loaded with stealth pack at a year old with 8k miles on against a brand new £85k ab, they tried to tell me they would only retail mine at around £60k but after checking their own stock they had a basic spec Hse dynamic with similar miles & age on their forecourt retailing at £65k so there is no way they would put mine up for any less than around £67k which would give them around £11k across my car which only needs valeting, when I told the dealer this he went very quiet, I just never bothered answering his calls & will just keep what I have. If you really want side steps I would hold out or move onto another, plenty more out there might just need to travel.?

Margin in a second hand RRS is dictated by where the dealer bought it from. The EXLR cars are bought at a fixed price from LR, which is why they have small margin. It's in the interest to sell these quickly as they have to buy a certain amount each month, which is why they price them lower, but that means there is very little wiggle room. The same can't be said for p/x cars, there is margin in those because they usually buy them low.

The same goes for BMW cars on YK/YH etc plates, the dealers are forced to buy a certain amount at a fixed price, which leaves them little margin if they want to sell them. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #531423 Thu Jul 27 2017 10:12am
Riddler90

United Kingdom 

Been looking at remaps, Alive in particular.

Anyone here mapped their SDV6? If so, worth it?

Post #531668 Sun Jul 30 2017 1:25pm
kmpowell

I've remapped previous cars but personally (so far) I've chosen not to do anything with the RRS...

1. LR have one of the most sophisticated systems when it comes to tracking/logging/detecting things that are not 'standard'.
2. These cars aren't the most reliable of brands, so if something, god forbid, did happen where I needed warranty/LR assistance, I don't want them having any excuse to wriggle out of it leaving me with a big bill. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #531677 Sun Jul 30 2017 2:52pm
ianmo

United Kingdom 

Riddler90 wrote:

I've had mine remapped by DMS - 356bhp, Torque 602 Cool

Great improvement over the standard, very responsive as well.

I have had every car over the last 7-8 years remaped with no problems, even when they have broken down and been returned to dealers for repair, BMW's & Audi's included in total about 11 or 12.

Post #531678 Sun Jul 30 2017 3:09pm
Riddler90

United Kingdom 

kmpowell wrote:
I've remapped previous cars but personally (so far) I've chosen not to do anything with the RRS...

1. LR have one of the most sophisticated systems when it comes to tracking/logging/detecting things that are not 'standard'.
2. These cars aren't the most reliable of brands, so if something, god forbid, did happen where I needed warranty/LR assistance, I don't want them having any excuse to wriggle out of it leaving me with a big bill.

Admittedly I do that concern too. It's the one thing putting me off going ahead for it.

ianmo wrote:
Riddler90 wrote:

I've had mine remapped by DMS - 356bhp, Torque 602 Cool

Great improvement over the standard, very responsive as well.

I have had every car over the last 7-8 years remaped with no problems, even when they have broken down and been returned to dealers for repair, BMW's & Audi's included in total about 11 or 12.

What made you go for DMS? How noticeable is the increase in day to day driving? Mpg impacted any?

Post #531682 Sun Jul 30 2017 3:36pm
ianmo

United Kingdom 

DMS have done most of my cars, I first used them in 2008.

I have found that the power is just there without running out of steam early, not sure on the mpg impact because I never check it, I just fill it up when it needs it, I've done about 12k since the map was put on a few months ago and I think that I have saved on the cost of a V8, although it's probably still a bit slower than one. Thumbs Up

Post #532000 Thu Aug 03 2017 8:21pm
kmpowell

Ridler - not sure if you've seen this, but if this price is correct then it's the bargain of the century...

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2787573

... I've just had my year older Car valued by my local dealer and they have it down as £55k trade (he showed me the value on the CAP system), plus £1.5k due to the extras I have. So this at £59k is a steal if you can live with wood! SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532071 Sat Aug 05 2017 11:10am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

That is one heck of a bargain! Shocked

Plus, I actually like the wood, so that would have been a bonus for me! By the time I got mine, that finish was no longer available so I had to settle for Zebrano, which is still nice.

Edit: Just seen the 'Gear Knob' thread where someone has pointed out that the photo in question is from a FFRR!

Post #532072 Sat Aug 05 2017 11:16am
samd

England 

Love the way that it changes from black to ivory front seats!!

Post #532075 Sat Aug 05 2017 11:27am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

I think someone has mentioned this car before, it's not an AB as the bottom door trims & corners are not painted, no AB badge on the tailgate & the rear bumper corners have no vents in, just checked the reg on Cap & its def an Hse dynamic.

Post #532077 Sat Aug 05 2017 11:42am
kmpowell

Ah yes, I couldn't see the unpainted skirts on the mobile pictures. HSE it is.

Stand-down Riddler, although hopefully the trade-in numbers will help you Mr. Green SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532079 Sat Aug 05 2017 12:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234