Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Potential RRS Autobiography SDV6 purchase
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

donny dog wrote:
wilf wrote:
Wonder if "access height" on the suspension would be good enough for her?

My missus is 5' 1", and, at least for her, not enough for comfortable access. (She could still manage, however, if that were the criterion).

I have a 2012 L320 RRS and the access height on that was adjusted (lowered) by LR as my wife has a similar problem.
You have to be careful if doing it yourself with a GAP IID BT tool as you can bottom it out, it will also slightly lower your off road height to, but if not off roading, fine. (You can easily reset with a IID tool Wink ) If doing yourself, write down all existing figures before adjusting.
I presume the later models have the same facility/arrangement? John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #531067 Sun Jul 23 2017 10:24pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ex-Managament cars will not have any "strange" options they are either less than 3 months old/ 5000 mile cars run by LR staff as company cars, cars from the press fleet, cars run by rental companies or cars loaned out to Land Rover Ambassadors. They are NOT ex Land Rover experience cars, those get sold on via the local dealerships AFAIK, they also tend to be HSE Dynamics with very one of the whizz bang gizmos specced as the LRE's have to be able to demonstrate all the fancy optional extras on their cars - they are also 99% of the time Fuji White. They can be good buys as they have been looked after mechanically by LR themselves, even the cars run by the leasing companies and rental fleets have restricted usage rules for miles and age. Ex-Management cars are just like any car you would buy new, only thing is that they will be pre-registered and have a previous owner on them. There are ex management cars in the approved used lists with as low as 200 miles on the odo, only for sale because they have reached the time limit rather than the miles limit. What you do have to watch out for though is a low miles car that has been returned as "not fit for purpose" by a previous owner and there are some unscrupulous dealerships who do not disclose that the car might have been back to the factory for remedial repairs for that purpose. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sun Jul 23 2017 10:29pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #531068 Sun Jul 23 2017 10:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I'm not sure. However, we got the deployable side steps (which are great) so it's not a problem.

Edit: This was intended to be a reply to Johnski, I hadn't realised that Tim had posted in the meantime.

Last edited by donny dog on Sun Jul 23 2017 10:30pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #531069 Sun Jul 23 2017 10:28pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #531070 Sun Jul 23 2017 10:30pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Riddler90 wrote:
It is an odd colour but I saw it on a disco today and quite liked it.

The next decision is whether or not I get the side steps.

Riddler, if I was you & you are happy with the car/deal, I would tell them the lack of deployable side steps is a show stopper, if they supply and fit foc you'd take the car, if they have 3 similar in stock they will be keen to deal I would have thought, especially this month, if they won't do it, meet them half way on the cost of around £2400 not the £3k list price, if they won't do that I would walk away, there will be loads coming into the market in the next few months when people decide they want the new 2018 model & some people change every year.

Good luck with the game!

Post #531086 Mon Jul 24 2017 11:11am
kmpowell

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Ex-Managament cars will not have any "strange" options

Not sure if that's pointed at me, but if it was then I didn't say they would have any strange options, I said there might be options not shown on the UCL.

Before the cars hit the dealer's forecourt, there is limited known information about the cars they are actually getting, normally just the pictures (taken at LRHQ) plus the reg number. Some dealers go into their system and fish around for what options are fitted before putting them on the UCL, most don't, which is why most cars are listed as box standard when in fact they aren't.

My car for example is an OY plate ex LR management, and it was listed on the UCL without any of the options it has. It took me asking for the VIN then going into TOPIX myself to find out what was fitted above standard. I was there I saw it had 5+2, TV, Dual, privacy etc. The UCL had none of the options listed, so my advice was not to go by what was on the UCL alone.

Dealers are forced to buy a specific number of these O* plate cars per year for a fixed price, and they have very little margin in them.

Personally I think they are a great buy, as they are at the bottom of the price band, usually with good specs and low miles. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #531095 Mon Jul 24 2017 1:17pm
Tim in Scotland

Sorry I didn't mean it to be inflammatory maybe I misread it. For sure even the approved listings descriptions can be way out with "features" listed. I looked at a used 1 year old SVR a couple of weeks ago that had dual view, TV and the Meridian 1700w system fitted but none were listed in the spec on the LR website and to make it worse I'm sure that the salesman who i spoke with had no idea that there was a further £6000 of options on the car than were listed online and they weren't listed on the spec sheet in the showroom either! It was only when I look ed Topix after noting the VIN and got home that I found out what the true spec was. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Mon Jul 24 2017 3:20pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #531102 Mon Jul 24 2017 2:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Tim, presumably, if you decide to buy this car, you will point out this error and offer to pay an extra £6,000 for the car. Wink We don't want dealers being out of pocket in any way! Laughing

Post #531105 Mon Jul 24 2017 3:10pm
Tim in Scotland

The car was overpriced anyway, in that way that dealers try to catch out the unwary - they reduced it it by a further £2000 after I looked at it which bought it to £89900 which was still high for the miles on it. It the salesman is not savvy enough to get the spec right that is his loss......... I won't be buying the car because I'm not a great fan of that particular dealership - one bad experience was one too many. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #531106 Mon Jul 24 2017 3:23pm
kmpowell

Funnily enough my dealer was VERY surprised when I turned up to pick-up the car and I started checking the 5+2 seats were working. They claimed they had no idea the car even had them! I didn't mention the prices of other cars with the seats were a lot higher! Laughing SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #531109 Mon Jul 24 2017 3:50pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
It the salesman is not savvy enough......

That reminds me - when I bought my last Mercedes the salesman rang me up a few days later to tell me that they had given me £500 too much discount, and could they have it back! Shocked I gave him the 'John McInroe' reponse! Laughing

Post #531133 Mon Jul 24 2017 8:52pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter seriously!!! Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #531184 Tue Jul 25 2017 3:06pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Riddler90 wrote:
It is an odd colour but I saw it on a disco today and quite liked it.

The next decision is whether or not I get the side steps.

I have the 'fixed' side-steps on mine, I prefer the look, it keeps the side of the car cleaner and they don't go wrong and a lot cheaper... Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #531185 Tue Jul 25 2017 3:09pm
Riddler90

United Kingdom 

Still unsure what to do. I doubt the dealer will move on the side steps as this is a ex management car so margin is low already.

My gut feel is to leave it and see how I get on. Can always add them later if required.

Post #531339 Wed Jul 26 2017 7:55pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

I know as others have said they need to take so many of these management cars but I would not believe a word any dealer says about margin in a second hand RRS, my reasoning is they tell you they buy in at Cap clean & only have a small margin in the car which is lies from my experience, I was offered £56k for my Hse dynamic fully loaded with stealth pack at a year old with 8k miles on against a brand new £85k ab, they tried to tell me they would only retail mine at around £60k but after checking their own stock they had a basic spec Hse dynamic with similar miles & age on their forecourt retailing at £65k so there is no way they would put mine up for any less than around £67k which would give them around £11k across my car which only needs valeting, when I told the dealer this he went very quiet, I just never bothered answering his calls & will just keep what I have. If you really want side steps I would hold out or move onto another, plenty more out there might just need to travel.

Have you tried peter Vardy in Aberdeen they always seem keen on price?

Post #531371 Wed Jul 26 2017 9:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>