RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Potential RRS Autobiography SDV6 purchase
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

kmpowell

No problem - I went through the same process as you last November when I was looking for mine. I'd made my mind up on a MY16>, but the Land Rover website doesn't list any paid options correctly, so I was using TOPIX as a benchmark.

I'll upload tonight when I'm home from work. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions. It's a bit of a minefield, and the large price spreads make it difficult to get a level of where prices should be.

My advice is buy at the bottom of the very price brackets, in a spec that's desirable, with lowish miles. Easier said than done though if you're local dealers don't play ball with prices. I had to travel 350miles to get mine! SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #530719 Wed Jul 19 2017 9:21am
kmpowell

No need to wait until I get home, I've found it in my emails, so I've uploaded to my dropbox for you...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvb8j5pptsr71d8/...6.pdf?dl=0 SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #530722 Wed Jul 19 2017 10:17am
Riddler90

United Kingdom 

Very kind, thank you!

It looks like my budget is allowing for a standard AB in MY16 spec. Looking through the brochure now to decipher what I get and what I don't.

Post #530739 Wed Jul 19 2017 2:30pm
kmpowell

All Terrain Progression Control, Auto Access Height, Hands Free gesture tailgate and Wifi were all made standard for MY16 on the AB over MY15/15.5. Plus MY16 got the Software Interface update for the ICE system and some dash button relocating.

AB is loaded with everything you could wish for TBH. As you've identified, all the available options are listed in TOPIC on every car, so if it's not fitted it has LESS against it. What I did was copy all options available then reference against what I wanted/needed. I came to the conclusion very quickly that nearly everything I wanted was standard (ACC, climate seats etc) on the AB and I only needed/wanted above standard the 5+2 seating, Privacy glass and the Fixed pan roof (in place of the opening roof). SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #530741 Wed Jul 19 2017 2:41pm
Riddler90

United Kingdom 

Think I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow!!

Has anyone retrofitted the electric step? I'm 6'3 and the Mrs is 5'1. She definitely needs either the electronically deploying step or a fixed step to make getting in and out easy.

Post #530927 Sat Jul 22 2017 10:47am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

The deployable side steps are a dealerfit option, around £3k at full price, if you want them I would find a car with them already on, either that or do the deal on the car & use these as the final item to nail them down on, I would think they won't even cost the dealer anymore than a grand.

Good luck!

Post #530938 Sat Jul 22 2017 1:12pm
wilf

Wonder if "access height" on the suspension would be good enough for her? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #530943 Sat Jul 22 2017 2:53pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

m13lky wrote:
The deployable side steps are a dealerfit option, around £3k at full price, if you want them I would find a car with them already on, either that or do the deal on the car & use these as the final item to nail them down on, I would think they won't even cost the dealer anymore than a grand.

Good luck!

I paid £2,300 dealer fitted, which, going by LR prices, is probably about £1,000 of 'real' value as you say.

Post #530945 Sat Jul 22 2017 2:58pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

wilf wrote:
Wonder if "access height" on the suspension would be good enough for her?

My missus is 5' 1", and, at least for her, not enough for comfortable access. (She could still manage, however, if that were the criterion).

Post #530946 Sat Jul 22 2017 3:00pm
Riddler90

United Kingdom 

donny dog wrote:
m13lky wrote:

Good luck!

I paid £2,300 dealer fitted, which, going by LR prices, is probably about £1,000 of 'real' value as you say.

Do you mind if I ask what dealer that was from? Edinburgh want £3k fitted.

Post #531019 Sun Jul 23 2017 2:13pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Stratstone, Doncaster.

Post #531021 Sun Jul 23 2017 2:41pm
kmpowell

Which one are you considering, Riddler. The Corris, Mariana or Carpathian?

All three are Ex-LandRover Management cars, so you might find there are options on the cars that aren't listed on the UCL. Thumbs Up SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #531032 Sun Jul 23 2017 4:43pm
Riddler90

United Kingdom 

Haha how did you know it was those I was looking at? Laughing Do ex managemt cars make any difference?

I'm thinking waitamo grey...

Post #531037 Sun Jul 23 2017 6:09pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Have you seen Waitomo 'in the flesh'? It's relatively flat compared with normal metallic paint. The upside is that it changes colour in different lights (variously grey, blue, and brown), but on a dull day it's basically......dull. My missus loves it, but I wouldn't have it again.

Post #531043 Sun Jul 23 2017 7:24pm
Riddler90

United Kingdom 

It is an odd colour but I saw it on a disco today and quite liked it.

The next decision is whether or not I get the side steps.

Post #531052 Sun Jul 23 2017 7:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>