RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Bushes done Now for wheel alignment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

squizzel

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost
Bushes done Now for wheel alignment

Well I have finally got to do the front lower wishbone bushes. Only one rear bush had gone on the passenger side, but I have replaced front and rear bushes on both sides with poly bushes. I know some like them and some don't, but I thought I would give them a go. Now my steering wheel is out a bit so I have found a hunter wheel alignment centre not far away so will give them a call in the morning.
I took it for a test drive and after about 1 1/2 miles the yellow light with the car and the arrows side to side, and also the yellow triangle with the arrow around it came on. Also it said special programmes not available suspension lowering.
I am hoping that this is to do with the steering angle and the alignment will cure it, as nothing other than the lower wishbones were messed with.
Switching off and restarting cleared it and it didn't come back on. I have read the fault codes and there's nothing there, ( I have a hawk eye with the latest firmware )
Do you guys think its just the alignment ?

Post #530207 Wed Jul 12 2017 8:10pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Well done that man. Replacing lower arm bushes can't be easy. Which polybushes did you choose? Please let us know how you find them and include the details of your wheels and tyres.

Are you sure the faults popping up are not just low battery as presumably the car may not have been run for a day or two while you were working on it? You'll obviously need the alignment anyway and hopefully the guys doing that know their stuff. Some places take time over it and get all the readings bang in the middle of the target range whilst some just think if they are "in the green" that's good enough. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #530208 Wed Jul 12 2017 8:55pm
squizzel

I don't think its the battery, its only been off the road today. Started at 9am this morning, finished both sides at 5pm. Everything that could be seized or stuck was. I think I am getting a bit too old to be crawling about the drive with these sort of jobs now.
The place down the road only does wheel alignment and are on the hunters recommended list. The place my son works at is also on the list, but they only do their own cars / builds (they convert cars for the disabled).
Reading on the net someone had the same as me after fitting new arms, and alignment cured it, so fingers crossed.
I put in the orange poly bushes, first impressions are good, but it needs alignment to drive properly. I will report back after then, I am running my car on 255/65 18, with GGAT. I like the bigger sidewall as I do go off road, not done it with this one yet though

Post #530212 Wed Jul 12 2017 9:27pm
Socast

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

It's the steering angle sensor, tbh rather than looking for someone with a hunter setup you need to look for someone who knows how to track the sport, it's a fussy beast Thumbs Up

Post #530224 Wed Jul 12 2017 11:07pm
squizzel

unfortunately there the best shot around here, otherwise its a main dealer around 40 miles away.

Post #530237 Thu Jul 13 2017 8:30am
squizzel

This is the place, will give them a call when they open.
http://www.wheelalignmentcentrebirmingham.co.uk/index.html

Post #530238 Thu Jul 13 2017 8:33am
squizzel

Didn't use that place in the end, extremely expensive, not that I don't mind paying but I didn't feel confident with them when I was on the phone. So I used a place called Addison tyres, when I turned up they had a top of the range audi sports car on there, then there was a mercedes slk next then me. When mine was on as expected it was miles out, he tried to adjust the drivers front and one of the new cam washers stripped the 2 little lugs off. So he made it driveable and I came home to get the old washers. When I returned he replaced the washer and did the alignment.
Well I can say it drives better now than even when my dad bought it, and it had new bushes in then. It has always had a humming noise which we thought were the tyres, as they are quite a blocky tread, but its gone.
My wife is happier with the car too, no more humming and a much better ride, which I put down to the one bush being shot.
As for the poly bushes, so far I am really happy with them, ride is comfortable, and it doesn't seem any harder ride. This though could also be partly due to me running 18" wheels / tyres as they have a bigger sidewall, I don't know if it would make the ride any different if running tyres with a smaller sidewall.
So all in all I am pleased with the new bushes and the alignment, its like a new car, and the knocking I had on turning right has gone too.

Post #530259 Thu Jul 13 2017 4:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1