RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > RRS 18 inch standard fit ..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Neilradders

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Adriatic Blue
RRS 18 inch standard fit ..

Hi All . I have 18 inch standard wheels on a 2005 RRS
Will 2010 overfinch 22 inch fit the same stud pattern
Any advice will be great

Post #529923 Sun Jul 09 2017 10:58pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I don't know about the stud pattern, but if they are genuine Overfinch RRS or Discovery3 wheels they should, be careful with L322 Range Rover (FFRR aka Range Rover Vogue) as they are slightly different. Do check that the "Overfinch" wheels you are buying are genuine and are also the correct load rating - there are some reports on the forum of genuine Overfinch alloys cracking easily and many copy/fakes cannot cope with the weight of an RRS hitting even a small pothole at slow speed. Try them, but I think you will find the ride is not good ( I have read on a par with most sporty Audis and BMW's with hard sporty suspension) on an L320 RRS with huge wheels and you will be looking for something more comfortable within a short time.

There will be lots of people who will now post that they run 22" all the time on L320 RRS's (they always do) and the ride is fine and they have not (yet) suffered technical problems from running them, but I think you should be aware that the car was never engineered to run on larger wheels than 20" and your car was meant to have nothing bigger than 19" wheels without an unrated steering rack as LR never dreamed that people would want to fit huge wheels to an off-road capable vehicle. Even 20" wheels on the RRS1 seem to be very prone to kerbing so I expect with even lower profile tyres 22" wheels will be just as susceptible to that too.

It is your car, so long as you are aware of the limitations and problems that can occur doing this, then try it out and if you don't like them or the ride you can always change back to a smaller set with higher profile tyres.

I run my RRS on 22" wheels, but it is an RRS2 L494 and they are OEM wheels that were fitted at the factory - the ride on them is as good as it was on the 18's, 19's and 20's that I have run my previous Sports (same year as yours 2.7 SE and a 2007 TDv8 HSE) but then the steering, suspension and transmission of the RRS2 were designed to run with big wheels both on and off road.

Post some photos of the wheels you want too fit as I am sure that there will be members here who will have tried them at some time and can say what happened to the ride comfort. Many who have fitted them have only run a short while with them and then changed back to 20" wheels fitted with tyres with a higher sidewall. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #529925 Sun Jul 09 2017 11:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Neilradders

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Adriatic Blue

Thanks for the info I will put a picture up as soon as I can .thanks again .. have a great day

Post #529927 Mon Jul 10 2017 7:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1