RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Will these fit, 22 inch?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Betonklinker

Netherlands 
Will these fit, 22 inch?

Will these alloys fit on my 2007 RRS TDV6?

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-onderdel...pp_android

Thankss .... Mabey anyone picture's of these wheels on a RRS? Now - RRS L320 TDV6 Stornoway Grey
Old - FFRR L322 td6 Bonnati Grey

Post #528966 Sun Jun 25 2017 11:43am
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

They would, but:
- ghetto looks,
- 22" gives an awful ride quality and slow down the car even more (you've got a 2.7, don't you?)
- 22" makes the RRS actually less than usable in any terrain, so what's the point of having a complicated 4x4 SUV with exceptional off-road capabilities and then killing it with such wheels? They sure look good on an X5.
- according to the ad you'd need to buy at least 1 new Accelera Iota tyre (1 x Hankook Ventus ST en 3 x nieuwe Accelera Iota 103Y banden) because you can not mix tyres. Accelera is a low-end brand BTW.
- the pictures show at least two wheels with Ventus tyres on them, so I am not sure if the seller knows what he's selling.
- ghetto looks. Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #528993 Sun Jun 25 2017 7:20pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Wojtek - have to disagree with you over the offroad use of 22" tyres/ wheels on RRS having today and frequently run my L494 HSE Dynamic shod with OEM 22"wheels and tyres on forest fire roads and muddy ground no problem at all. I even did 1/2km of rock crawling today up a riverbed with a little trickle of water in it just enough to make the rocks slippery, as part of a club off-roading run. Was a bit concerned when the Lunch break was over and I found the car had sunk up to the top of my Style 504 rims and also had a expanse of wet long grass to drive over to get back onto the track to start the rock crawl............... Low ratio and mud and ruts setting on the TR and the TC didn't intervene once but the centre and rear eDiffs were definitely having to work a bit! I know it isn't normal to use that size of wheel and 100% road biased tyres for off roading but on OEM 22" tyres it is perfectly feasible even with an L320 if you know what you car is capable of. I would have taken my Defender had it not been in the garage for annual government test, service and some new LED side and brake lights and won't come back home until Tuesday so the RRS had to earn its keep and it has done regularly in my ownership. Now if I had a set of AT3's for it and it was 10 years older it would get used even more seriously and I could sell my Defender.

BTW I 100% agree with you about the ghetto looks of those wheels and the crappy cheap tyres on them, most unsuitable for the capabilities of any RRS or FFRR.

Click image to enlarge
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #528998 Sun Jun 25 2017 7:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tim, well, you're right, but then - the L494 was designed to run such wheels from the ground up. In this case it's a 22x10" rim for a L320, so 285 is barely a minimum width tyre to fit onto it to avoid German Kult Style tyre wrap. And I believe it might be troublesome for front suspension, but then again, I'm not sure. Anyway most tyre manufacturers recommend 305 on a 10" wide wheel, in 911 world people fit 325 section tyres on 10" wide rear wheels.

And I might be taking it a bit too far, but I think a 285 with sportscar-like sidewall doesn't work particularly well on anything non-tarmac but dry sand.

Anyway, ghetto looks, it's a dealbreaker for me Wink Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #529005 Sun Jun 25 2017 8:49pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Agree that 22" wheels/ tyres on the L320 not only ruin the ride but will also lead to overloading of the steering rack that is not designed to have that sort of loading on it - best to run with maximum 20" for comfort and parts longevity. If it is a pre 2007 RRS then it shouldn't run bigger than 19" wheels as those cars only had the uprated rack if the Dynamic Response pack was specified. After 2007 all RRS's got the uprated rack when LR realised that people wanted to run on big "gangsta" wheels but even then bigger than 20" was not advised. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #529021 Mon Jun 26 2017 8:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Socast

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

22" wheels are NOT suitable for off-road use, sure you CAN use them, but check back with us in a few months when they're full of cracks, don't hold air and need welding. Then tell us how good they are for off-roading Rolling with laughter

You need 18"s or lower for off-road use, the tyres absorb the hits rather than the rim. With low profile tyres the alloys just can't take the punishment.

The fact that you can put 22"s on a new RRS is another example of Land Rover moving away from (expensive) utility vehicles and more towards prestige show cars, but that's an argument for another day... (you wand an actual off-road monster buy a Land Cruiser)

Post #530111 Tue Jul 11 2017 12:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1