Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

The se has a useless sat nav as well Rolling with laughter

Post #530000 Mon Jul 10 2017 6:50pm
ard9719

United Kingdom 

The Sat Nav i guess i can go without i have an iphone which is rather good for that, the main thing i did want was Bluetooth for my phone built in and also able to play music through it with ease. Does an SE come with the Harman sound system?

Also front parking sensor, although visibility i find quite good when parking it, it's a nice safety feature to have.

Cruise control i'm not sure if that's covered, surely it depends on what upgrades were paid for by the original owner but this wouldn't be an issue. I don't do enough motorway miles for it to be an advantage for me.

Post #530005 Mon Jul 10 2017 6:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Unless a previous owner specced the BT/Handfree as an option then there wasn't a standard fit system until 2007 or 2008. I fitted a Parrott system to my 2005 SE and it was way more useful and had better functions than the OEM system. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #530012 Mon Jul 10 2017 7:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoffsnook

cruise control yes front parking sensors probably but easy enough to upgrade you you can get a blue tooth system from one of the site sponsors on disco3 so not a problem to retro fit and its quite easy to do so the difference would maybe tv and dvd player Question Thumbs Up

Post #530015 Mon Jul 10 2017 7:31pm
GodivaNige

England 

Not wishing to deny a fellow forum member out of a potential sale but are you really in a rush to buy? You need to look at a few, test drive a few and make an informed decision which you buy rather than jumping in and buying the first you see. There are plenty around for sale and if you're prepared to travel, your options will be even wider.
If you can find someone with RRS experience whom you can take along to view cars, this would also be to your advantage.

Post #530016 Mon Jul 10 2017 7:47pm
ard9719

United Kingdom 

I agree that i can't rush the decision, however i have already been looking for a few months. The main issue i'm having is that i am only 21. I have had cars but this will be my first 'pride and joy' car. This is why i want it to be the right one - but also want one rather soon!

I have had all my stupid dinks and scratches, now i want something i can be proud to call mine. However i also cannot afford to keep ummmming the decision if that makes sense. The trusty audi shall not last much longer and neither will i

Post #530017 Mon Jul 10 2017 7:53pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Heated windscreen ?
Memory seats mirrors. (Good if your dropping the rear seats and tall )

Post #530031 Mon Jul 10 2017 9:24pm
geoffsnook

My se had the both of them i think to be honest its only the likes of front parking sensors/fridge maybe the tv and dvd system and the logik seven but most can be specced Thumbs Up

Post #530036 Mon Jul 10 2017 9:34pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ard if you email me or pm me your email address I can email back a scanned copy of the 2005 full and concise brochures and the price list with all the options and standard kit that was on in 2005/2006 cars - all models.

There were no TV systems offered on early cars, only RSE which was a screen that dropped down from the roof.......... not even head restraint screens if you have a 2005 or 2006 car with the head restraint screens they were aftermarket fittings. The Logic7 and cooler box were options as was the sat nav system on S and SE's. All models except S had heated front and rear seats and heated front and rear screens, electric heated wing mirrors with memory. S had cloth covered seats with optional prt leather, SE had part leather (only on the cushions and back, the seat sides and the backs of the chairs were faux leather that w=is very realistic) HSE had all leather and S/C had perforated leather sports seats!
One of the least popular options was the electric sunroof - it is quite rare to find an L320 RRS with one but they are around. Factory built HST and First Editions IIRC have a sunroof. S and SE had 18" wheels from the factory, HSE had 19's unless the car had dynamic response fitted when they got 20's like the S/C. Dynamic response is worth looking for on a 2.7 HSE. I cannot remeber but I think S only had rear parking sensors, SE upward had front and rear sensors. Reversing cams didn't come until 2010 facelift cars. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #530038 Mon Jul 10 2017 9:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12