Page 1 of 3 123>

umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White
Satnav DVDs now available online

http://www.navigation.com/landrover 

Post #73149 Thu Jan 04 2007 12:09am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Cheers umbertob - I have just emailed them to ensure that the disc available online @ £129 plus vat & shipping is going to be an updated version to that installed in my sept 2005 model? 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #73162 Thu Jan 04 2007 11:13am
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

MDP nick at Yoevil does them cheaper I bought mine from him go over to the darkside(www.disco3.co.uk) and you can get details from there. RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #73169 Thu Jan 04 2007 12:01pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Would be useful if they provided version numbers.... 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #73170 Thu Jan 04 2007 12:13pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Laughing

Do they not?

One thing I HATE about the BMW satnav now is that it doesn't properly support postcode lookups, which is a Censored when you've been used to that in the RRS Evil or Very Mad 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #73197 Thu Jan 04 2007 3:13pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

What do you expect = it's German ........ and now you know why xxangelxx buys british Wink 

Post #73215 Thu Jan 04 2007 4:35pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing

BMWs excuse is that there isn't enough space on the DVD for all the Western Europe maps and postcode searches for all of them. I think that is bo**ocks. Another rumour doing the rounds is that BMW won't pay the licensing fee to Royal Mail to enable full postcode searching. Cheapskates!! 

Post #73218 Thu Jan 04 2007 4:40pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Must admit I have used my satnav about half a dozen times , but, when I have ..... I have used the postcode entry as means of identity. Confused 

Post #73221 Thu Jan 04 2007 4:43pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

I used to use my satnav lots and the postcode entry was invaluable. I actually prefer the way the BMW satnav looks to be honest but the only postcode entry you can do is the first 4 characters, not the whole 6. That gets you to an area and it then prompts you for streetname etc, which is no good to man nor beast. The touchscreen ability to type things in is much better than having to pi** about with the iDrive wheel too... so is iDrive crap? No it's not... but that's another argument Wink 

Post #73224 Thu Jan 04 2007 4:54pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Similar system is used in Audis - but as you say the touch screen of LR / Jag is really the better option for satnav. 

Post #73227 Thu Jan 04 2007 5:00pm
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

MDP wrote:
Cheers umbertob - I have just emailed them to ensure that the disc available online @ £129 plus vat & shipping is going to be an updated version to that installed in my sept 2005 model?

MDP,
The LR/Navteq site states that the disc is an 'Update disc for the Range Rover Sport from 2006'; so it had better be a new version as I already ordered one for $199. Supposed to be here Friday. My RRS is an Oct 2005 build.

BTW, has anyone looked to see how bloody difficult it appears to be to get the old DVD nav disc out and install the new one? I raised the left front seat, (driver's side here), and moved it fully forward as the manual states, and it still looks hard to access the disc loading slot. Anyone have any better ideas?
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #73238 Thu Jan 04 2007 5:51pm
umbertob

Bish, loading the updated DVD (I assume it will be the same version that ships with MY07 RRSs, if you look at the description of the new disc it says it has listings for movie theaters, coffee houses, etc., which are not included in my version, a 07/05 build) will most likely disable your 1791 "hack", if you care... Sad

Have you removed the front plastic guard/shield that's immediately under the seat? It is held in place by four very sturdy metal clips, but if you pull hard enough it will come off (you can snap it back when you are done.) It's still a PITA to get to the drive and the eject button, but with that guard in place it is nearly impossible. 

Post #73240 Thu Jan 04 2007 6:05pm
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Thanks for the tip. I tried pulling on the 'guard' at the bottom of the seat but as it didn't budge, I stopped pulling. When the new disc gets here I'll just pull a damn site harder. BTW, what's with all of the wiring spaghetti down there. LR needs to clean that up at the factory.

Didn't know it might disable the 1791 hack; that sucks. I'm surprised actually since the updated Navteq disc doesn't up-grade the firmware, only the software, (data); or so I thought.
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #73256 Thu Jan 04 2007 11:32pm
umbertob

Regarding the disabled 1791 hack, mine is only a (somewhat educated) guess based on the fact that: a) New European map DVDs loaded on 06 LR3/Disco3s and RRSs have reportedly disabled the hack code permanently, and b) The hack is no longer working on any MY07 RRS (and FFRR and LR3) sold in North America. I assume 07s include the same DVD version Navteq is now offering online. I sure hope I am wrong about this, I guess you will be the first "tester" of my doomsday theory. Smile Let us know how it goes when you get the disc, I would have ordered the update myself were it not because of this possibility. I think the new DVDs do contain the dreaded load.kwi - or loading.kwi or whatever that file name is - that modifies the satnav firmware when you first boot it up, for good. That file is notably absent in my version of the map data DVD.

Edit: If you are in the mood and have the means/tools to do it, it wouldn't hurt to try burning all files from the new DVD, EXCEPT that loading.kwi file, on a blank DVD, and try loading that disc in the drive instead of the one you will get from Navteq. You never know... Worst case, it doesn't work.

Regarding the shield, I know what you mean. I thought I was going to crack the plastic myself the first time I removed it. Just as I was about to give up, it came off... Pull real hard and evenly on each side, if you pull slightly upward the bottom two clips should come loose first, then it will be easier to disengage the upper two. You will still have to work your hand through all the spaghetti down there, but it will make access to the player so much easier. 

Post #73258 Fri Jan 05 2007 12:09am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Just a thought Confused

But I seem to remember that the 07 model year cars now have sat nav on the move...??? so no need for the hack.......

This leads me on to .....

I also believe that LR will soon be releasing a software upgrade for pre 07 vehicles. [ this was discussed somewhere on here in the past ] 

Post #73289 Fri Jan 05 2007 10:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>