RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Satnav DVDs now available online
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad No need to twist the knife in the wound... Wink Here in North America we didn't get satnav on the move for MY2007. And we almost surely won't get it in 2008. Or 2009. Or ever. I am sure we have some lawyers somewhere to thank. Bottom line is, if the new discs wipe out the 1791 hack as I fear, we are f*cked. Owners of 07s are f*cked already. 

Post #73351 Fri Jan 05 2007 2:40pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear that umbertob Sad 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #73353 Fri Jan 05 2007 2:42pm
KevinJM

Yugoslavia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

MDP wrote:
Cheers umbertob - I have just emailed them to ensure that the disc available online @ £129 plus vat & shipping is going to be an updated version to that installed in my sept 2005 model?

MDP, did they ever reply to your e-mail? MY model is the same age. A colleague of mine is about to take delivery of an HSE TDV6 and they told him at LR (overseas sales) that there has been NO update to the nav system RRS TDV6 (gone)
RRS TDV8 HSE(gone, burned out)
ML 320 CDI Airmatic

Post #75952 Wed Jan 17 2007 4:12pm
umbertob

I wrote them as well, asking for the version number of the DVD they sell online (I am in the USA)... It must be a big secret because this is the answer I got:

Quote:
Dear Umberto,

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ.

The 2006 update available online at http://www.navigation.com (or by phone at the number below) is newer than what was included in your vehicle. The current cost is $199 plus shipping and tax.

How the heck would Big Brother know what version of nav DVD is in my car? Laughing

I think I read somewhere (either here on on disco3) that European DVDs were upgraded for the 07MY, and that the new DVDs contain coverage of some countries that was lacking on earlier version(s). And the new DVD disables the 1791 hack code, but that's a different story... Sad Speaking of that:

thebishman wrote:

Didn't know it might disable the 1791 hack; that sucks. I'm surprised actually since the updated Navteq disc doesn't up-grade the firmware, only the software, (data); or so I thought.
Bish

Bish, did you get the update DVD yet? What happened to the hack, and did you notice any improvements to the system besides the greater number of POIs and increased coverage (I'm thinking graphics, route calculation speed, etc.)? 

Post #75963 Wed Jan 17 2007 4:22pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

KevinJM wrote:
MDP wrote:
Cheers umbertob - I have just emailed them to ensure that the disc available online @ £129 plus vat & shipping is going to be an updated version to that installed in my sept 2005 model?

MDP, did they ever reply to your e-mail? MY model is the same age. A colleague of mine is about to take delivery of an HSE TDV6 and they told him at LR (overseas sales) that there has been NO update to the nav system

Here is their reply.........

Thank you for your inquiry.

However when reviewing it we noticed that the following information was missing which we need in order to be able to answer your question.

Cd-part number that looks like T1000-XXXX and can be found on the back of the box just above the barcode or on the outer circle of the disk itself With this number we can see which system you are using.

If there isn't any Cd-part number on the box or disk, than does it say DENSO on the box or disk? If so than you are using an colour touch screen navigation system and for this system we have to refer you to your dealer.

It would be appreciated if you could please supply the missing information by returning this email. You may also contact us through our Customer Service Centre at the phone numbers provided below.

When responding, please refer to this email including your reference number.

With kind regards,

NAVTEQ Customer Service Centre
PO Box 501
7300 AM APELDOORN
THE NETHERLANDS
International Toll Free Number: 00800 18 23 53 22 Local Toll Free Number Germany: 0800 181 6065 Local Toll Free Number France: 0800 914 478 Local Toll Free Number Italy: 800 781 145 Telephone Number: +31 555 384 245 Fax Number: +31 555 433 947

Post #75968 Wed Jan 17 2007 4:34pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

At least they have an International Toll Free phone number so you don't spend your hard earned cash on an interenational direct dial call 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #75973 Wed Jan 17 2007 4:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
umbertob

MDP wrote:

If there isn't any Cd-part number on the box or disk, than does it say DENSO on the box or disk?

D'OH! They don't seem too bright over there, either. Why would they ask you to look for a CD part # when all our cars come with the Denso DVD touchscreen system? 

Last edited by umbertob on Wed Jan 17 2007 4:54pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #75979 Wed Jan 17 2007 4:49pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Exactly what I thought too Wink

Dealer it is then Banging Head 

Post #75982 Wed Jan 17 2007 4:52pm
umbertob

Within the confines of a relatively small company like Navteq, you can nevertheless see the difference in business philosophy between an American and a European company.

The US company is only interested in making a quick buck, so it will tell you its part will work without really bothering to check if it really will. They don't really want to help, all they want is your $199 - plus shipping and tax.

The Euro company is stuck in bureaucracy, asks seemingly useless questions and says you may have to contact a different department, so eventually you become so frustrated you no longer want to do business with them. 

Post #76003 Wed Jan 17 2007 5:43pm
Roland

Switzerland 

umbertob wrote:
Within the confines of a relatively small company like Navteq, you can nevertheless see the difference in business philosophy between an American and a European company.

The US company is only interested in making a quick buck, so it will tell you its part will work without really bothering to check if it really will. They don't really want to help, all they want is your $199 - plus shipping and tax.

The Euro company is stuck in bureaucracy, asks seemingly useless questions and says you may have to contact a different department, so eventually you become so frustrated you no longer want to do business with them.

Exactly Umberto, couldn't agree more ! SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #76036 Wed Jan 17 2007 7:30pm
KevinJM

Yugoslavia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

LR sales are now "checking" to see what is available and if they can supply a spare DVD (not for free of course!!) It seems they have no clue because it is not their product and is simply something they buy in.
As far as I can see from the Navteq website, there is more coverage (czech republic and slovakia - for anyone wants to go there) but also more detail for areas previously poorly covered. I still not too chuffed at the idea of forking out for something that might not be what it claims. RRS TDV6 (gone)
RRS TDV8 HSE(gone, burned out)
ML 320 CDI Airmatic

Post #76198 Thu Jan 18 2007 10:11am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Still no disc for Cyprus then... Banging Head Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #76337 Thu Jan 18 2007 2:12pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

You know how to get to the beach though...what else do you need? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #76365 Thu Jan 18 2007 2:34pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
You know how to get to the beach though...what else do you need?

Just follow the boobies! Very Happy Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #76377 Thu Jan 18 2007 2:49pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

MDP wrote:
What do you expect = it's German ........ and now you know why xxangelxx buys british Wink

HA i just found that ! Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #76391 Thu Jan 18 2007 3:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>