RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > How about an 8 day LRE adventure in Africa?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
How about an 8 day LRE adventure in Africa?

I'm working in Namibia at the moment and quite fancy doing some form of self drive safari and a google search has found this rather pricey but I'm sure that it will be excellent choice of 2 LRE adventures out here. Not e that the price doesn't including getting to Namibia but does offer "the latest range of models sold by Land Rover" - I wonder if they have a Velar on the fleet yet? If it were Kenya then memories of Daktari come flooding back!
https://www.landrover.co.za/experience/adv...ngoes.html 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #531291 Wed Jul 26 2017 2:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

Tim see if you can get swing it on your expenses and tell them it's a corporate team building week away.... Thumbs Up

Post #531300 Wed Jul 26 2017 3:54pm
Tim in Scotland

There would be an instant sense of humour failure in Copenhagen, Mumbai and Manila I would imagine! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #531304 Wed Jul 26 2017 3:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Namibia is an amazing place to visit, combine this with an 8 day LR Experience it will be fantastic. Windhoek is a really fascinating town to visit with some incredible architecture, despite being in the middle of nowhere. Combine this with a week in Cape Town (most flights from the UK will go via South Africa anyway) and you have the vacation of a lifetime. Even though I have been to Namibia before, I am seriously considering this..... if I can get Mrs. Jock interested as well!

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #531387 Wed Jul 26 2017 10:56pm
Tim in Scotland

Jock, the transfer times at CT can be tight due to SA's slow immigration system at all their major airports - for some odd reason the other crew who are joining here found that the routes for passengers in transit at Cape Town and Johannesburg were all closed and they had to go through the immigration process despite being in transit. I flew out via Frankfurt - BA from Scotland via LHR to Frankfurt and then Air Namibia Frankfurt to Windhoek with a 30 minute internal flight to Walvis Bay. Air Namibia's ecomony class was fine on an A330-200 - a busy flight full of people getting away from Europe on their holidays out in Namibia. Spring is just starting here day time in Windhoek was a pleasant 27c but night time a chilly 6c Walvis is the same.
There isn't much at Walvis for tourists, the town of Swakopmund is about 30 minutes drive up the coast, away from the fish processing works here in Walvis and that is the "seaside" resort to go to on this part of the coast. I would avoid staying in Walvis Bay as there isn't a lot here except a busy port, a dusty town and a big fish processing works that makes very smelly fish meal! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #531397 Thu Jul 27 2017 6:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1