RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Doing what it was designed to do!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Doing what it was designed to do!

Short but brilliant gentle offroad drive on forestry commission tracks (with written authority) near to Loch Long - even 22" wheels and 100% road biased tyres can cope.............. it was wet and the midges were out in force, but a new venue for our club and a really nice non-damaging drive. I did a much longer stream crawl further along the stream in the photos - only myself and another were prepared to give it a go - it was a 4.4 FFRR on MTR's all the Defenders and Discos stayed back and watched, hoping I would bash the RRS I suspect, but Rock Crawl mode in TR saw us through no problem.
https://sgrc.smugmug.com/Glen-Croe/n-FNsqdf/i-9TFJCs8
https://sgrc.smugmug.com/Glen-Croe/n-FNsqdf/i-gq46WDB

Click image to enlarge
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Jul 04 2017 7:44pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #529055 Mon Jun 26 2017 2:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ferret15

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Sumatra Black

What a scenic view. Looks like fun.

Post #529059 Mon Jun 26 2017 2:45pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Nice one Tim. Shame no shots of the longer stream run. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #529083 Mon Jun 26 2017 5:06pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Looks great Tim, just looked at all the pics following the link. Nice selection of vehicles there too Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #529084 Mon Jun 26 2017 5:14pm
Tim in Scotland

The club is the Scottish Green Road Club - www.scotgrc.co.uk - and if you are ever up this way take a look at the club website and forum to see if they have a run on - which is every month to 6 weeks year round and we have another club that all members are automatically made a member of - basically a training club to teach owners how to drive their Land Rovers safely off-road and how to winch/ recover safely. Visitors can join us by prior request, but the club fees are very cheap to become a full member - a one off £30 life time membership fee and then £10 for each drive that covers the fees to the land owner and to play Public Liablity Insurance premiums. It is child and dog friendly too - dogs under control at all times, children to be kept on a lead............. Laughing As we drive on closed roads at these events (there is no public right of way in Scotland, you must have the written permission of the land owner to drive off-road here, and that can be very hard to obtain and costly) often teenagers will get to drive too. The runs we do are selected to be non-damaging and the ethos of the club is to get Land Rover owners to get out into the countryside and enjoy the capabilities of their cars - there are no car wash princesses amongst the members cars! Our membership ranges from babies through to our oldest who is 91 years old and still driving, he starting driving Land Rovers in 1948 as an ambulance driver! He was there this weekend in his Metallic Caribbean Green Disco1 5 door - the one in the photos with stickers and flags all over it.
https://sgrc.smugmug.com/Glen-Croe/n-FNsqdf/i-gvBC8c2 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #529088 Mon Jun 26 2017 5:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
naks

South Africa 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

thanks for sharing Tim!

Sounds very much like our Cape Land Rover Club here in Cape Town. Thumbs Up

btw, we are always open to visitors joining us on a trail even if they do not have vehicles. We can organise that you hop a ride in someone's car for the day --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Post #529112 Tue Jun 27 2017 8:37am
gorby

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Looks like a great trip. Andy
2005 RRS Black with a few bits added and some scratches.

Post #529539 Tue Jul 04 2017 9:16am
Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Looks like a stunning drive Tim. Brilliant.

Post #529541 Tue Jul 04 2017 11:01am
d-9

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

That's really good info Tim, if I'm ever planning a visit to Scotland in the sport, I'll try and fit in with one of your trips.

Post #529570 Tue Jul 04 2017 6:11pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

On hitting what should be second picture get transferred to page that says I'm infected by a virus. Complete balls of course, but thought I'd warn people, don't click on link it asks you to obviously to get rid of alleged virus, or you will have problems if a Windows machine.
Photobucket has had lots of problems lately. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #529572 Tue Jul 04 2017 6:29pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Nice day out by the looks of it Thumbs Up

P.s. Have you seen Photobucket are going to charge for online forum postings and you may notices your links stop working

Post #529580 Tue Jul 04 2017 7:32pm
Tim in Scotland

As a precaution I have deleted the link to the Photobucket album - must admit I only use any windows OS's at work and last week our entire worldwide systems were brought down by the big ransomeware attack and still only the most basic functions on the company networks are up an running while the iT dept and Microsoft and IBM rebuild our systems.......... At home I'm running all Apple equipment, have only had Windows OS equipment when I have to do CBT online from home because I cannot access them from Safari..... Interestlingly the company was going to change to Apple equipment last year......... but it was going to be too costly. 8 days after a cyber attack we are still not back at work on our systems, cost has been way more than the cost to swap to Apple equipment would have been 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #529582 Tue Jul 04 2017 7:50pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Thanks Tim Thumbs Up All my equipment is Apple even iPads and phones, but was unfortunately using a Windows 10 laptop today when I came across this.
As stated by npinks above: Please be aware from today Photobucket have removed loads of photos of things for sale on eBay, social sites etc, by blocking links, as you now have to pay to use your images used on for sale sites using links to pbucket, been on the news and IT Pro etc, for full details. There was I thinking I owned all my copyright, which you do, but not any links posted from these sites to Photobucket.

Looks like fun, a nice gentle off road experience, better for newbies too, and those concerned about damage on the more serious off road sites, although up to now I've not had any problems. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #529589 Tue Jul 04 2017 9:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1