RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Overfinch Rims
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Neilradders

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Adriatic Blue
Overfinch Rims

Morning everyone . I have a chance to buy these wheel rims .has anyone ever put these 22 inch overfinch wheels on a 2005 RRS tdv6 before , and if so what problems did you come across when fitted . I'm running 18 inch at moment but thanks to the local carwash gangs the paint is peeling so it's either spend money having them all re-sprayed etc or buy new wheels which I like the look of but not sure if my RRS will cope with

Post #529928 Mon Jul 10 2017 6:18am
Jaggs

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

As I understand it you shouldn't put anything bigger than a 19 on a 2005 unless it's got dynamic response and even if it does only 20" then.
Maybe someone with 22 s will comment but I think the ride will be harsh and there's a good chance the wheels will crack with the weight of the car, stick to genuine LR rims Nanocom Evo

Post #529939 Mon Jul 10 2017 7:23am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I would be cautious as you may find they are Overfinch fakes, as they appear to have Range Rover on the centre cap and unless things have changed genuine Overfinch centre caps are something like 71mm dia. and L/R-R/R one's will not fit as they are something like 62mm dia. and will fall through. They may well be cheap Chinese copies.

Cheers
Col

Post #529942 Mon Jul 10 2017 8:11am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Genuine Overfinch wheels also come with Overfinch and not Range or Land Rover logos on the centres IIRC. That design is called the Tiger and hasn't been sold by Overfinch for a few years now - it was also available in 20" if you like the design but don't want to run on 22's. So anything "new" will be either a refurbed set, old stock or a copy.

Edit - I've also just found from an internet search how to tell original Overfinch wheels from fakes - those are "copies" as they appear to be missing one crucial identification give-away that should be visible on the face side of one of the spokes of a genuine Overfinch wheel. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #529944 Mon Jul 10 2017 8:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Neilradders

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Adriatic Blue

Thanks very much chaps .. I will be taking your comments on board..

Post #529974 Mon Jul 10 2017 2:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1