RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Gearbox Frustrations?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dal74

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black
Gearbox Frustrations?

After doing exhaustive searches on here without finding the correct response i am throwing it out to you knowledgeable lot...

Basically, my car (2005 4.s SC) has developed a pretty severe lurching/hunting when on a gentle constant throttle and normally between 1250 - 1500 RPM you can see the needle fluctuating , it is happening at the everyday driving speeds. It feels as though the car is in a gear to high? . It really is quite noticeable and you can actually hear the engine hunting. if i give it full beans she pulls ok it literally only happens on gentle throttle at the lower end of the rev range.

Before I take it to the garage I was wondering if anyone had anything similar before and if so what the diagnosis was? Could it be a Tork convertor? She does need a service which is overdue but i am sure has nothing to do with the issues im having.

Please help as it is making my car practically undrivable Sad

Ps, I had a Magnaflow Catback exhaust fitted a few months back and it seems to have happened since then. Could it be a tuning issue?

Thankyou for any response and feedback i get, it all helps

Post #528899 Sat Jun 24 2017 11:33am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Has the car ever had a MegaFlush and new transmission fluid - it doesn't last for ever and in the 4.2 leads a pretty hot life with high underbonnet temperatures. The other thing could be that sensor wiring around the gearbox might have been disturbed when the exhaust was modified. Also there are reported MAF sensors getting oily and causing the rev fluctation symptoms you report 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #528911 Sat Jun 24 2017 1:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dal74

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Thanks for the reply Tim

The current mileage is 64500 I can't find any paperwork to say the gearbox had been flushed, My thoughts exactly regarding the wiring around the exhaust, again i cant see anything obvious having looked under there but you can never rule it out. Silly question alert.....Where is the MAF sensor ? and is it something a competent (ish) home mechanic can do?

Post #528913 Sat Jun 24 2017 1:52pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

There are some good independent LR garages in Essex. Search on here and Disco3 site for recommendations Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #528917 Sat Jun 24 2017 4:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1