RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Dealer screwed up my order - what would you do?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mikef

United Kingdom 
Dealer screwed up my order - what would you do?

I placed an order with deposit in April this year with a certain dealer not a million miles from Milton Keynes for a new SDV6 Dynamic and at the time the delivery was estimated at June/July. Since signing the order form I have heard nothing from the salesman. I've been pretty busy recently and my 2014 SDV6 is still running nicely so I didnt chase the order with the dealer but yesterday I sent the salesman an email asking him to confirm the delivery date

Today I received a call from the salesman all apologetic and admitting that "due to a computer problem" the wrong specification for my car was put into the system and they didnt notice this until the car arrived at the dealer. I immediately smelt a rat not least because the salesman didnt try to persuade me to take this wrong specification car as you would expect him to do if he had an unsold car on the forecourt. Basically what it looks like to me is that the dealer used my build slot for another customer's car and the salesman has simply not bothered to contact me about it. Anyway now he is trying to persuade me that this really is a blessing in disguise since not only can I wait for the new registration plate in October but I will get a MY18 car. He couldnt explain what changes there would be between a MY17 and MY18 car

One part of me is thinking that if my order is so important to the salesman that it was never placed and he couldnt be arsed even to contact me about it, I should tell him to stuff the order where the sun dont shine and go off and buy a SQ7. The other part of me says that actually this could be a blessing if there are significant MY18 changes which are worth waiting for

What would you do? Anyone know what the MY18 changes are yet?

Post #530858 Fri Jul 21 2017 1:48pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I reckon your reasoning and that someone else got your build slot is about right. I would be straight round to see the Dealer Principal, and insist on an early MY18 slot with the same discount you were getting originally plus whatever it takes to get the price back to what you were paying before, or equivalent inducements that are cheaper for them to offer but of equal value to you (such as a five-year service plan). Whatever MY18 brings, you will still be getting the new model, and you might yet come out 'smelling of roses!. (By the way, those in 'the know' suggest MY18 will have external cosmetic changes such as lights, exhaust trims, rear bumper, and front intake and fog lights, plus Velar-style touch screens).

Post #530867 Fri Jul 21 2017 2:22pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ask the dealer for a copy of the Vista2 printout for the present order - if he cannot give you one then the order was never put into the computer in the first place. Even if the wrong spec was ordered there will be a Vista order in the system for it with the incorrect spec. I think if you do a search this isn't the first time that that dealership has done the same thing to clients. The Vista printout also shows the last changes date and the dealer should have at the very least told you that date and asked if you wanted to make changes. Very smelly rat is lurking I think............. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #530868 Fri Jul 21 2017 2:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1