Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 
RRS MY10-13 Software updates from Bodsy

Software Updates for RRS MY10-13

Timed Climate :–

The most popular software update especially during winter months is the Timed Climate function.
This update will add a new section called Timed Climate and is ONLY available for Diesel engine (any diesel variant)

Here you can see the 2010MY version,

The 2012MY version

Click image to enlarge

looks different, but you would find it under ‘Additional Features’ section. If that is greyed out, you don’t have any additional features enabled.

Timed Climate is useful all year round.

For cold days, when the temperature is below 15degrees it will start the Fuel Burning Heater and will start to heat the water around the engine. It will also start the blowers inside the car. It will not make the car HOT when you get in, but it will defrost the car and pre heat the engine block. We all know that a warm engine is more efficient than a cold engine and a warm engine will wear less than a constantly cold start engine.
You can set either the 7 day timer, or the single event timer.

2010 version

2012 version
Click image to enlarge

For warm days, when the temperature is above 15 degrees, it will start the fans internally and help to circulate the hot air inside the car, removing that blast of hot air and helping reduce the insanely hot surfaces that you can get when leaving it in the sun.

Remote Climate is the same as Timed Climate, but with the addition of a receiver, an aerial and a remote plipper.

Remote Climate works best when you look out of your bedroom window on a cold frosty morning, remember that you’ve set the timer for your usual 7.30 start, but today you need to start at 6.30 and you forgot to make the change. Just press the remote button and the Climate function will come on in the same way as normal.

Remote Climate Function can be added, EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE A SATNAV SCREEN!

4x4 Info Screen.
Most RRS have this already
This is a great 'gizmo', can assist in fault finding if there are any height sensor issues, but its biggest use is when in mud or parking and you’re not sure what direction the wheels are pointing. This gives you a much more accurate display of wheel direction and the heights to maintain momentum in the right direction.

2010 version

2012 version
Click image to enlarge

Also gives you Compass direction, exact Lat/Long and height information, so even if the satnav is driving across fields, you at least will always know where you are.

2010 version

2012 version

Click image to enlarge

Those that take it further afield or off the beaten track, then if you have an accident (or you come across a stranded walker/horse rider etc that needs emergency car, you have the right Lat/Long to give to the relevant service.
But it doesn’t make you a cup of tea and it won’t peel your grapes for you (unless you have the LuxXL model)

Locking Chirp

Whilst you can get the mirrors to fold whilst locking the car, sometimes it’s nice to have the addition of the reassuring CHIRP or CHIRP CHIRP when locking or unlocking the car. This can be enabled

Follow Me Home Reverse lights

Same as the D3/RRS, this can be enabled so that when you use the third button on the key remote, the front lights come on, press it a second time and with this enabled, it will put the reverse lights on as well. This is great for when you need to unload the shopping/tools/dead bodies and you want to have more light whilst doing so.

Steering wheel paddle shift enable

You can retrofit the steering wheel paddle shifters for the extra sportier look.

Towing Electrics
You can easily fit the LR towing electrics, but they will need enabling in order to work properly (some cars they will physically work, some cars they won’t depends on the settings. But to avoid going into off road mode when you have a caravan or similar in tow, you will need them to be enabled. Should also stop the reverse sensors beeping when you have something connected.

Use Horn as Alarm Sounder
The standard alarm sounder on a RRS is pathetic quite frankly. I can enable the alarm to use the horn as the sounder so that you can definitely hear it.

Reverse Camera

Reverse camera can be enabled, so everytime you go into reverse, it will put the reverse camera screen up. But you will need of course to also actually fit a reversing camera. Either the LR bits (about £200) or one in the tailgate handle light area, anywhere from £10 to £100 for the camera + fitting depending on supplier and quality!
There are other bits that can be enabled, but these generally require much more work, wiring and modules to be fitted.

As I remember other little bits to enable, I’ll try to add them on here.

If anyone is interested in any of these updates above Discovery 4, RRS or the Discovery 3 updates listed (Clicky Here), please let me know directly.

Many thanks
Bodsy (Ian) Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Last edited by Bodsy on Thu Mar 05 2015 11:28pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #452288 Wed Feb 11 2015 11:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ABSport

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Ian I'd like the "Chirp" and the gearbox re-set when you are down my way again please.

Post #452294 Thu Feb 12 2015 3:23am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #452325 Thu Feb 12 2015 11:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PEACHY

England 

Very Happy Locking chirp for me please & the reversing lights Bow down 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #452333 Thu Feb 12 2015 1:58pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Shocked Didn't know about "follow me home reverse lights" and "horn as alarm sounder". I should have checked out new functionality after updating firmware to v3 a while back ... or may be these features were always there and I never noticed Embarassed Will be making these changes to mine Very Happy Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Last edited by fkarim on Thu Feb 12 2015 2:47pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #452336 Thu Feb 12 2015 2:24pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Peachy, no problem. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Last edited by Bodsy on Thu Feb 12 2015 2:59pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #452337 Thu Feb 12 2015 2:43pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #452339 Thu Feb 12 2015 2:49pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Weathers getting colder again.... Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Post #452909 Wed Feb 18 2015 4:32pm
AlanEricThompson

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I like the timed climate control, I already have the 4x 4 screen. Is this an upgrade that my local dealer could/ should do? 3.0 HSE RRS Stornaway (current)
Evoque Prestige Lux (gone)
3.0 a Disco 4 (gone)

Post #453198 Fri Feb 20 2015 9:17pm
Andyjay123

Tv

Ian can I get to on mine? 2006 RRS Supercharged 4.2 HST muthuaflecka!

Post #453220 Fri Feb 20 2015 10:08pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

No, dealers can't change it.
I'll drop you a PM, I can do Nuneaton too. Thumbs Up

As for tv, yes, I can enable, but you need to retrofit the modules and wiring needed. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Post #453224 Fri Feb 20 2015 10:50pm
Willywilson1980

United Kingdom 
Timed (and maybe remote) climate

Hi bodsy - tried to PM but just signed up and won't let me. I'm interested in the software update to allow timed climate. I have a 61reg RRS 12MY (SDV6). Can you PM me with details? I'm based near Chester. Cheers, Paul

Post #475316 Mon Oct 05 2015 12:00am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Hi Paul, no problem, will drop you a message. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Post #475320 Mon Oct 05 2015 5:30am
Willywilson1980

United Kingdom 

Hi all - does anyone have experience on which is more useful......timed or remote climate?

Post #475325 Mon Oct 05 2015 7:50am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Depends on your driving pattern. If, for example, you leave for work and back home around the same time daily then timed could be very useful to prepare the car for you without you needing to remember. If it is more unpredictable then remote is better. Remote requires additional hardware whereas timed should just need to be enabled on your car. You can have both by the way.

My previous car came with timed climate as standard but was useless for me as I don't drive to work and car usage is more "random" so I added remote climate to it. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #475329 Mon Oct 05 2015 8:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>