Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > My car locked itself
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Feelingfoxy

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand
My car locked itself

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this?

My car completely locked itself yesterday with my keys & mobile inside.

Is this normal?

I've had the car from new 15 plate. It's currently with the dealer but I'm unsure if I want it back. My baby was trapped inside for nearly 15 minutes until it unlocked itself.

I can't get my head around how it happened. The wing mirrors were still out suggesting it wasn't locked.

The dealer has said they have reset the locking mechanisms, is this enough?

Any feedback is greatly received, thank you.

Post #527880 Sat Jun 10 2017 10:31am
IRBails

Australia 

In Australia if you leave any young child in the car alone you are locked up. I know you want answers and I don't know the facts but leaving a baby in the car unlocked still isn't that great. Even so I feel your pain and if it is your desire to leave a baby alone in the car then I would not like a car that locked you out. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #527920 Sun Jun 11 2017 8:03am
Feelingfoxy

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.

I completely agree.

I was told yesterday that signals from my iPhone locked the car with the smart key, a known fault with this model. I've been informed of this fault, has anyone else?

Post #527922 Sun Jun 11 2017 8:17am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

In my owner's manual it says that other keys and mobile phones in the same pocket /bag as the key fob can cause the key fob signals to be mucked up - however from experience the car refuses to lock rather than locking itself. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #527968 Sun Jun 11 2017 9:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

You have to be very careful and an advice/warning to anyone that has to use an Insulin Pump.
If in same pocket as key fob, or even when fob is on seat or elsewhere in the car, it can lock the doors itself if you are outside. (as long as engine isn't running).
This is evidently down to the remote control facility on some models of Insulin Pumps interfering with LR fob (and other car makes) and even more dangerous the LR Fob can be altering/interfering with the dosage etc on your Pump.

PLEASE be very careful not to mix and always frequently check your Pump or completely turn off the RC facility on it.
I know this won't affect many people, but it is a known problem, pump manufacturers give a warning as do the Diabetic Association.
There is even a warning in handbook about not putting mobile phone in same pocket as key fob.

Back to main thread discussion. Thumbs Up John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #527974 Mon Jun 12 2017 1:18am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

It sounds to me like this is the final nail in the coffin for keyless entry/ignition. What was wrong with the key in the lock facility we all used to have and I still do?
No need to protect my key by putting it in a tin box or buying a pouch. No mucking up your insulin dosage and potentially killing you. No criminals hanging around outside your house with scanners at 3 in the morning.
Bring back the KEY. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #528046 Mon Jun 12 2017 9:59pm
Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hurrah for common sense!!!

It even has a convenient slot to store it next to the steering wheel when you are driving. Rolling with laughter

I used to think that the electric handbrake was a solution to a problem that doesn`t exist, but it is definitely usurped by the keyless entry. Shocked

I wish JLR focused more on building massively capable cars, not electronics showrooms. But I suppose the marketing is very, very successful.

Post #528188 Thu Jun 15 2017 10:50am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If LR didn't build them like a Maplins catalogue then folks would complain that xxx, yyy. Zzz electronics are available on a cheap and nasty X5/X6 or Kia and how come LR doesn't offer them... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #528213 Thu Jun 15 2017 4:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IRBails

Australia 

Black Bess wrote:
Hurrah for common sense!!!

I wish JLR focused more on building massively capable cars, not electronics showrooms. But I suppose the marketing is very, very successful.

Well for me RR has failed if they were trying to build an electronic showroom! The electronics are the worst feature and most outdated. Have a look at what Subaru and other manufactures offer. I do agree that RR should be a quality engineered vehicle with quality components and for me some of this standard is met. I have said before they should do vehicle build like Audi's the base spec's have every thing your choice then become the true options of colour, wheels , Entertainment system . All features that are safety related are standard. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #528231 Thu Jun 15 2017 10:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1