RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > BA computer issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
BA computer issues

So the issues a week ago were caused by "a technician unplugging then powering up the system" which he was not authorised to do - err in the best BA excuse tradition it still doesn't figure - BA doesn't run data centres on PC's they use main frames that don't plug in and I'm sure that the circuit breakers will have been labelled.............. probably with a label that says "Never switch off" Anyway isn't the first instruction from iT experts and computer technicians when fault finding "Have you switched your computer off and back on?" Mr. Green 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #527686 Tue Jun 06 2017 5:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
adameverett

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I don't believe it IMOP there was more to the story. I work in IT/ data centres, and power issue by an employee may well of started the ball rolling Embarassed but I very much suspect it was not the total failure. We have had power and other faults trigger the DR (disaster recovery) systems to fail over. These system have been poorly configured/tested and in the past we had the failed computer still running processing the same data queues Rolling Eyes My mate works for IBM data centres managing DR for big players paying £££££££, constant sub outsourcing policy and training/skills issues are a big problem (guys pushed by the company into jobs with no skills/experience to back up the role Shocked

Post #527687 Tue Jun 06 2017 6:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1