RRSPORT.CO.UK

    Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > finally gone and done it
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
 
RRS-Si



Member Since: 24 May 2017
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 77

United Kingdom 

Hi markymarkf

Did you not get a order build sheet from your dealer when you confirmed the revised spec and placed the order with a deposit?

I got both the order form and build sheet from my dealer which breaks down all parts to your new build including spec codes etc (not sure the correct terminology for these sheets).

However I would agree with you that not hearing back much from the dealers seems to be the norm from LR unless you ring/ email them for updates. Some forum members do have some joy with dealerships and contact, however it seems it's pot luck. Personally I don't like to leave it in their hands for too long and like to have all the info form the outset. Fingers crossed there is no problems with your order. I have read on here it happened to someone else who ordered a car and never heard anything back until the customer found out they had sold there car to someone else... Banging Head

Post #531972 Thu Aug 03 2017 7:31am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
markymarkf



Member Since: 08 May 2017
Location: Devon
Posts: 60

United Kingdom 

i have an order form i got that the day i changed spec but no build sheet, I have emailed this morning asking for an update, i have asked for a build date and a VIN number if they have it .

I just need to know where i stand as i'm selling my current car pvt and have an interested buyer, i don't mind a few weeks without one but if we are taking a couple months then i will hold off selling. MY17 HSE Dynamic

Post #531973 Thu Aug 03 2017 8:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
RRS-Si



Member Since: 24 May 2017
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 77

United Kingdom 

I would get some clarification from them as even when you have a build date it still can be a few weeks until you can collect your new RRS as they have to call it over. Organise the transporter to collect, deliver to your dealer. They then have to pdi your car etc etc.

I would inform them you want to part ex your current car and need some confirmation. If They have a loan car ask if you can borrow it for a couple of weeks until your new one arrives. A lot of this depends on how well your dealership treats you. Thumbs Up

Post #531993 Thu Aug 03 2017 11:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
markymarkf



Member Since: 08 May 2017
Location: Devon
Posts: 60

United Kingdom 

thanks for your advice,

only issue i have there is i ordered my car from Sunderland when i was back home for a visit, but i work full time in Devon. not so easy to pick up a loan car. MY17 HSE Dynamic

Post #531994 Thu Aug 03 2017 12:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
bkstg123



Member Since: 29 Apr 2017
Location: London
Posts: 5

In two minds need your help!

11

Last edited by bkstg123 on Thu Aug 10 2017 12:15pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #532128 Sun Aug 06 2017 8:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
donny dog



Member Since: 23 Nov 2016
Location: yorkshire
Posts: 772

United Kingdom 

Personally, I'd go for it, as I don't think you'd like the 2 litre engine so you'd be well out of it. Most people think the V6 is the 'sweet spot' of the range (assuming you're talking diesel). Also, assuming there is a MY18 coming out in that timescale, the sooner you get yours the better to have longer with it before it's 'last year's model'.

However, given what people are saying on here, 10% doesn't seem overly generous - you could probably have had that even had you not been so inconvenienced, so there is no real compensation there. I would feign reluctance and try and push for more, either in cash or kind

Post #532130 Sun Aug 06 2017 8:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
bkstg123



Member Since: 29 Apr 2017
Location: London
Posts: 5

11

Last edited by bkstg123 on Thu Aug 10 2017 12:15pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #532133 Sun Aug 06 2017 8:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
RRS-Si



Member Since: 24 May 2017
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 77

United Kingdom 

Interesting, how did you manage to get them down on the standard LR finance of 6.9% (black horse). I am waiting on mine to turn up in Sept and due to setup on a Land Rover PCP deal.

Have they used a different provider as I know when they use LR finance there is a finance / dealer contribution, which you wouldn't get if from another finance provider. That said though I know owners on here have taken the LR finance out and cancelled it within 14 days and managed to keep the finance contribution.

Post #532136 Sun Aug 06 2017 8:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
bkstg123



Member Since: 29 Apr 2017
Location: London
Posts: 5

11

Last edited by bkstg123 on Thu Aug 10 2017 12:15pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #532142 Sun Aug 06 2017 9:13am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
markymarkf



Member Since: 08 May 2017
Location: Devon
Posts: 60

United Kingdom 
Re: In two minds need your help!

bkstg123 wrote:
Hi,

Ordered a 2l RRS in May - Carpthathian grey, ebony/ivory interior, privacy glass, pan roof, heated steering wheel

It turns out there's a delay at the factory and delivered to dealer has been pushed back to end of October (originally 1/9/17)

After kicking up a fuss they're trying to get me into a 3l carp. Grey ebony/ebony inter, 21" diamond turned alloy, sliding roof, ebony headlining. 10% discount v 6% originally

They've provided more into the pot and turns it to be £60 per month more - just wondered what you all think? Should I push for the same discount on 2l and wait it out or go for 3l? Not sure if I'm taking 3l just to get in a car earlier or if it's a genuinely better car and worth the additional £60

Thanks


After reading this i am wondering if there is a delay full stop at the factory, I've still not heard a peep from my dealer regarding delivery and mine was ordered beginning of June. They just wont respond to any of me mails when i ask for an update. The most i get is we will look into this for you. I've decided if mo update by tomorrow evening i'm cancelling my order. MY17 HSE Dynamic

Post #532144 Sun Aug 06 2017 9:19am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
bkstg123



Member Since: 29 Apr 2017
Location: London
Posts: 5

11

Post #532149 Sun Aug 06 2017 9:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
All times are GMT

Jump to  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >
Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Site Copyright © 2005-2017 Futuranet Ltd & Martin Lewis
RRSPORT.CO.UK RSS Feed - All Forums

Switch to Mobile site