RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > On Board Trouble codes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

IRBails

Australia 
On Board Trouble codes

I decided that I'd like to know what was going on as I drove so I purchased an ODB blue tooth dongle and loaded an app to my phone and I can now get some limited info on the car. The app allows clearing of some codes and other features such as real time boost . rpm , etc.

My interest is the things that stop me, engine. I would go the IID tool if it allowed the functionality I have with Ros Tech , but the IID will be purchased when my car is out of warranty as I can see no useful functions at present.
Here is the freeze frame info:=

Confirmed Trouble Codes
-P0046: Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Circuit Range/Performance (Powertrain, Generic)
-P0299: Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" Underboost Condition (Powertrain, Generic)

Pending Trouble Codes
-P0047: Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Circuit Low (Powertrain, Generic)
-P0048: Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Circuit High (Powertrain, Generic)
-P0046: Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Circuit Range/Performance (Powertrain, Generic)
-P0299: Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" Underboost Condition (Powertrain, Generic)

Permanent Trouble Codes

Freeze Frame
-Calculated engine load: 51.0 %
-Engine Coolant Temperature: 73 °F
-Engine RPM: 664 RPM
-Vehicle Speed Sensor: 0 mph
-Intake Air Temperature: 57 °F
-Time Since Engine Start: 1 min 19 s
-Fuel Level Input: 100.0 %
-Barometric Pressure: 30.1 inHg
-Control module voltage: 14.62 V
-Ambient Air Temperature: 53 °F
-Accelerator Pedal Position D: 15.7 %
-Accelerator Pedal Position E: 7.8 %
-Relative Accelerator Pedal Position: 0.0 %
-Engine Oil Temperature: 60 °F
-Fuel Injection Timing: 1.64
-Air Flow Rate from Mass Flow Sensor: Sensor A: 2.1 lb/min
-Air Flow Rate from Mass Flow Sensor: Sensor B: 0.0 lb/min
-EGR: Commanded EGR Duty Cycle/Position A: 0.0 %
-EGR: Actual EGR Duty Cycle/Position A: 100.0 %
-EGR: EGR Error A: 99.2 %
-Exhaust Gas Recirculation Temperature: Bank 1 - Sensor 1: 165 °F
-Throttle: Commanded Actuator Control A: 10.6 %
-Throttle: Relative Position A: 13.7 %
-Fuel Pressure Control: Commanded Fuel Rail Pressure A: 4940.0 PSI
-Fuel Pressure Control: Fuel Rail Pressure A: 5116.9 PSI
-Fuel Pressure Control: Fuel Temperature A: 60 °F
-Boost Pressure Control: Commanded Boost Pressure A: 15.15 PSI
-Boost Pressure Control: Boost Pressure A: 14.78 PSI
-Charge Air Cooler Temperature: Bank 1 - Sensor 1: 51 °F

Diagnostic information provided by OBD Auto Doctor

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.symantec.com) M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #527292 Wed May 31 2017 10:40pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

So now you know there is a light problem with the turbo what are you going to do with it Thumbs Up

Post #527312 Thu Jun 01 2017 4:57am
wilf

Very strange to see such unbalanced airflow readings between the two MAF sensors. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #527323 Thu Jun 01 2017 8:18am
IRBails

Australia 

Dealer is replacing the turbo when it gets here but to day 2 new faults HDC not available gearbox fault?? So the list gets bigger seat does not work Turbo and now this! Looks like my fears about Range Rover reliability are coming home ! M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #527335 Thu Jun 01 2017 9:32am
matsoutback

Australia 

You can only wonder if these faults are related, it will be good see if the turbo fix resolves your main issue. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #527417 Fri Jun 02 2017 8:53am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The gear box and HDC alarms are often a sign of a battery that isn't fully charged. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #527419 Fri Jun 02 2017 9:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IRBails

Australia 

Tim the faults turned up after a long drive so I would think the battery OK. The car gets mainly long journey's so being a new vehicle I would mot think battery is an issue. The car is in next week so I will know the deal after the fix. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #527424 Fri Jun 02 2017 9:17am
matsoutback

Australia 

Battery earth problem then? 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #527425 Fri Jun 02 2017 9:20am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I had (not in the RRS) an engine light come on associated with a slight hesitation just below 2000 rpm. Oscilloscope on the wires from the HEGO sensors showed these would wander between limits until staying too long off-scale when the ECU decided something was wrong.

Replaced the sensors. Same problem.
Replaced both MAF sensors. Same problem.
Tried lots of other things. Same problem.

So, ran from the fuel all the way to the exhaust replacing/swapping/testing: Fuel pumps. Pressure regulators. MAFs (again). Air control unit (a bespoke unit). Idle control valve. EDIS. Both throttle bodies. Coil packs. Plugs. Injectors. All induction piping (it's a twin supercharged engine!). Fuel return rail. Carbon canisters. HEGO sensors. ...

Turned out to be corroded earth on one point of the loom. Penny part and a huuuuuge bill. 

Post #527465 Fri Jun 02 2017 7:21pm
IRBails

Australia 

I am hoping that this isn't a current issue but a dud part issue. The fact it is turning up driving and more so when under load hopefully points to the actuator . The other faults that suddenly turned up ? They have not been back and perhaps this was just driving into the car park and some sensors got confused. Very disappointing that these issues turn up reminds me of Italian motorcycles that I have owned, manufacturer had no idea when it came to electrics. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #527483 Fri Jun 02 2017 10:33pm
IRBails

Australia 

No codes now, day 1 running after repairs so I will keep the app running for awhile to check, but as for now no active fault codes. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #527782 Thu Jun 08 2017 1:19pm
IRBails

Australia 

3 days no codes and couple of 100 K's covered. Got into the mud today and even the slippy dirt could not make the car chuck a code. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #527921 Sun Jun 11 2017 9:06am
matsoutback

Australia 

That is good news, it's difficult when you loose confidence in a car and can take ages to re-gain that confidence after an event. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #528034 Mon Jun 12 2017 9:55pm
IRBails

Australia 

Mat had the front disc's done at the same time and this worked out very well. The parts supplied by local company. $75 per rotor plus pads and sensors were fitted by the Dealer for $165 which was worth it for me. Having a cheaper alternative to OME, these parts were OME except for the Disc's, is great. I was going to keep the old disc's and get them skimmed but for a saving of $75 dollars I think I will just replace each time. I have yet to get spare fuel filter but will try the place I got the disc's from. The dealer has been great to work with all issues now resolved, my seat works the way it is supposed to and parking sensors the first issue are now working full time in the front.

Car covered in mud at the moment, clean for one day after getting back from the dealer. Explored some single track gravel roads on the weekend, lots of rain so very muddy. Love just twisting the dial and locking middle and rear diffs .

One thing the dealer did which I did not consider was to set up my rolling dia for the wheels I have on the car? I did not think slightly larger dia would matter but he wanted to adjust just to be sure. I like dealers being pro active! M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #528044 Mon Jun 12 2017 10:55pm
matsoutback

Australia 

Bails, it feels great to have a dealer interested and proactive in your ownership experience. I've only just received my invite for the driver experience day, 4 moths after purchase.. I look forward to that! They had a glitch apparently, at least the RR hasn't ... yet. LOL

Rub it in about the rear locker mate!! 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #528048 Mon Jun 12 2017 11:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>